1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Another facebook help thread

1. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I seriosly think my DH accidentaly deleted my facebook page. We got him started up and he put that we were married then he changed his contact email to the email I was using and now I dont show up anymore. Do any of you computer savy people know what I can do? Please help
    TIA

Apr 28, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Yikes! I don't know. Sounds like he deleted you. Do you have a real life/facebook friend who you can call to see what if their facebook page still shows you?

3. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I am going to talk to my friend today to see if I was on her page. But I am not on DH page anymore. He feels horrible.

Apr 28, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

Maybe he could change his email back to another email account and that would free up your account? You would think facebook wouldn't let other people use an email account that someone else has claimed.

5. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

When I helped my DH set up his FB page, it warned us that the e-mail address was already in use and that we had to pick a different one or else the first one would be "replaced". So I'm not sure if that means they delete the other identity or if it just disappears until you switch up the newly created one to a different address.

Apr 28, 2009
  6. amyscookinggear

amyscookinggear Member Gold Member

I'm sure it just disappears. My fiance deleted his at one point and then when he signed back up everything was still there.

7. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I am gone of facebook so I will see if I can contact facebook.
    Amanda when I as signing DH up I got that same notice about the email already being used but I guess when he changed everything he didnt get that warning.

Apr 28, 2009
  8. BlessedWifeMommy

Okay I've been thinking about this. What stops someone from signing into their account, guessing my email address and changing their's to mine? I hope there is some way this would be prevented?

9. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

Do a system restore to a date when everything was right.
    It's either in accesories or you can click run and type restore.

Apr 28, 2009
  10. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I was wondering that too, because when you go on to someone's profile, it lists their email address right there. But really, what would they gain, other than screwing up your access? They couldn't pretend to be you because they are creating a new profile and you have passwords to log in.

Apr 28, 2009
  11. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Actually, there is a FB scam going on right now (I even know someone who was affected - makes it a little more real). Somehow, someone hacks into your account and send out a notice pleading for help because you're stranded in another country/stranded in another state/in jail/have a medical emergency, etc. Please send money to xxxx. It's coming from you, so it must be true, right?

I don't know how they hack in, though. Just be aware this can happen (Facebook is very aware of the issue, so they probably have already taken all the necessary steps to prevent it from happening again), and, if you get this kind of notice, ask questions before sending money!

12. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Good to know.

Apr 29, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted