• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Ds Company - but Similar to Pampered Chef?

Interesting- I think Crate and Barrell sells it too, but under their name. I wonder if Zeroll will be doing anything to differentiate their product in the near future.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
I just came across this DS company - seems a bit similar to PC....The simple slicer is black with a opaque food holder, the chip maker is oval and not round, the scoops are very, very similar......oh, and white square plates too!

But they have an ice cream dipper!

http://www.epicureselections.com/en/products/cookware/kitchen-tools/6220/ice-cream-dipper/

I saw that they are based in Canada, founded in 1991 - and that Epicure Selections® is the largest Canadian direct sales company in Canada...

Um...does PC HO know about this company?

Karen

Know about the DS Company or about the ice cream scoop company?I'm sure, even if they did, they wouldn't care. There are always going to be multiples and similar company, and it won't make much of a dent in a company like PC. Have you looked at a Tupperware catalog lately? They have A LOT of the same types of products we do. But their BRAND name identification to customers is still the containers.

An ice cream dipper? Sign me up.

rolleye0001.gif

I just went to Target today and saw a LOT of similar looking items we sell. i know they aren't exclusive to us, but when they can just run to target and get it...well...i dunno

Epicure is pretty big here in Canada. They used to be into spices and dips exclusively and have quickly been adding a lot of kitchen items to their line.

chellb1234 said:
I just went to Target today and saw a LOT of similar looking items we sell. i know they aren't exclusive to us, but when they can just run to target and get it...well...i dunno

I will bet money that the products as Target are not as well made as ours. I have seen some of the similar products and they just don't compare.

I don't think this is close or even similar to PC. I would feel like it's closer to Tastefully Simple since most of their items are spices and sauces with some kitchen items mix in.

It looks like they get a few more items from the same manufacturer: Stainless cookware, prep bowls, Muffin Pan ...Here's their catalog: EPICURE SELECTIONS - JAN-APRIL 2012 CATALOGUEI love that it has scan codes to get the recipes! That's cool!!!

cookingwithlove said:
I will bet money that the products as Target are not as well made as ours. I have seen some of the similar products and they just don't compare.
don't get me wrong, i can bet that too.
i have people buy our food chopper because they "just threw their cheap and now broken one away"
and I can just see other peoples way of thinking.
Sometimes there are people out there that will spend next to nothing over and over again because they can't see spending x amount on a product (quality or not)...I've tried to get that out of their minds...the guarantee PC gives helps a lot :)

The manufacturer that PC used for the ice cream dipper is Zeroll, however they have been unable to consistently provide the quality of product PC demands.

There are other retailers Willams Sonoma, Brookstone, Cooking.com, the Food Network, etc who are still offering Zeroll Ice Cream Scoops

I still love the quote I saw on here (referring to a mattress commercial) that said something to the effect of " I can't afford to buy cheap". It is soo true. I point it out to people at shows when someone tells me they have one "just like it" that they bought elsewhere. I loved it at one show when the host gave me her husband's egg slicer to prove it would cut strawberries. We broke it. She bought hubby a new one with some of her free product value. Our quality is outstanding, and when it isn't, we quit selling it.

darlinclem said:
I still love the quote I saw on here (referring to a mattress commercial) that said something to the effect of " I can't afford to buy cheap". It is soo true. I point it out to people at shows when someone tells me they have one "just like it" that they bought elsewhere. I loved it at one show when the host gave me her husband's egg slicer to prove it would cut strawberries. We broke it. She bought hubby a new one with some of her free product value. Our quality is outstanding, and when it isn't, we quit selling it.

That's perfect!

Oracle said:
The manufacturer that PC used for the ice cream dipper is Zeroll, however they have been unable to consistently provide the quality of product PC demands.There are other retailers Willams Sonoma, Brookstone, Cooking.com, the Food Network, etc who are still offering Zeroll Ice Cream Scoops
Interesting- I think Crate and Barrell sells it too, but under their name. I wonder if Zeroll will be doing a recall?? I can't imagine ours is made any differently! So I would think the same issue could happen to all the scoops Zeroll sells.

Last edited:
30 days!!! .....If you are not completely satisfied with your Epicure Selections® product, you may return it within 30 days of the purchase date for an exchange, replacement or full refund. After 30 days, please return the product to the Epicure Selections® Home Office with proof of purchase to have the item exchanged

Yes Epicure is a Canadian company I think. I have a friend who is a consultant. It is very frustrating for her because usually within a few months of us bringing out something new, they get it added to their catalogue as well... most recently the simple slicer, chip maker... They did used to be exclusively edibles, and had a few thinks like tea pot, coffee pot, but now have gone more into Kitchen ware than anything else. And always following along with whatever PC has done recently.. its wierd..

PamperedK said:
Epicure is pretty big here in Canada. They used to be into spices and dips exclusively and have quickly been adding a lot of kitchen items to their line.

It sounds like we're doing the opposite with adding more spices and dips.

Just an observation.

I can assure you that the ice cream dipper is identical and works the same as PC and is half the price. I even think that the scopp could come from the same supplier. Most of their tools are not the same quality but they have a good quality. Their spices and sauces are unbelievable and again, only half the price as PC. I wish Epicure would stay in spices and sauces as much as PC would stick with kitchen tools. All these companies are becoming just one of the same.

Last edited:
cookingwithlove said:

It depends on the brand. Target (and many other retailers) carry OXO, which is an excellent product line. The Target store brand isn't so whippy, though.

I am so glad I quit buying cheap skillets and bought a good one that after 11 years I still have and it works perfectly. Quality always overrides cheap...however, some people have 10 bucks to spend on a skillet and they need it right now...and they don't have 100 to buy a good one.

Chefgailb said:
It sounds like we're doing the opposite with adding more spices and dips.

Just an observation.

Yes exactly, but not the same stuff available from them.

i love Epicure seasonings... I have more of those than i do PC ones..LOL
But they have so many and they are really good.

Chef Gilles said:
I can assure you that the ice cream dipper is identical and works the same as PC and is half the price. I even think that the scopp could come from the same supplier. Most of their tools are not the same quality but they have a good quality. Their spices and sauces are unbelievable and again, only half the price as epicure. I wish Epicure would stay in spices and sauces as much as PC would stick with kitchen tools. All these companies are becoming just one of the same.

You mean half the price of PC right?

You are right Veevahcheh. I made the correction. Thanks!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. -Aesop

1. What sets "Another Ds Company" apart from Pampered Chef?

"Another Ds Company" offers a unique selection of products that are not available through Pampered Chef. We also have different business opportunities and incentives for our consultants.

2. Are the products from "Another Ds Company" of similar quality to Pampered Chef?

Yes, our products are also made with high-quality materials and are backed by our satisfaction guarantee. We also offer a variety of products for all your cooking and entertaining needs.

3. Can I host a party with "Another Ds Company" like I can with Pampered Chef?

Yes, we offer party hosting opportunities with "Another Ds Company" where you can earn free and discounted products. Contact your consultant for more information.

4. How does the compensation plan for "Another Ds Company" differ from Pampered Chef?

While the basic structure may be similar, "Another Ds Company" offers unique bonuses and incentives for our consultants. Our compensation plan is designed to reward hard work and success.

5. Can I use my Pampered Chef tools and products with "Another Ds Company" recipes?

Yes, you can use any of your existing kitchen tools and products with our recipes. Our goal is to provide delicious and easy-to-follow recipes, no matter what brand of tools you prefer to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
Back