• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another book to look idea

bbauman07

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
Since Easter is over, I have retired my Easter eggs. But I'm thinking about using the small Twix-it clips to hold the folded slip of paper/prizes. I would let them take the clip home, and give them the prize at their show. I haven't decided if I'm going to put dates on them yet. What do you think?

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
Since it's baseball season you might be able to find baseballs that work like easter eggs. I got these last easter for the kids, who knows you might find some on clearance too!

bbauman07

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
That's cute I'll have to go check out the clearance section!!

gilliandanielle

Legend Member
Dec 1, 2005
Walmart always has cute plain white or colored wedding favor boxes that you could use for book to look. You could decorate them or just leave them plain. They are really inexpensive, but still look professional. Great idea about the twix-it clips though! I wonder if you did a combination of both which would go faster???

Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
I bought baseball, football, and basketball "eggs" at Eckerd Drugs. They were a pack of I think 12 and cost $1.47 and they were half off! I can use them all year!

lacychef

Legend Member
Feb 15, 2006
fun idea

Great idea with the twixit clips, that way they are getting something at their show, plus something right away! We all know how everyone loves FREE!

spoiledchef

Jan 8, 2006
I saw little colored Chinese "take out" boxes at Michaels the other week. I was thinking about buying some of those b/c those would also work year round. The twixit clip is a good idea, but that means I'd have to keep stock of those, and I don't have enough at the moment...hmmm...might have to order more. :)

bbauman07

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
I just know that people love free stuff, so I'm giving them a 2 for 1 deal. I like all of these ideas, I might even try the refilling the cans one.

I was thinking I would put them in the mini chillzanne bowl with some Raffiki(SP?) grass.

gilliandanielle

Legend Member
Dec 1, 2005
What do you mean 2 for 1 deal? What cans? Did I miss something!!?? Things are slower up here where its cold! LOL

Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

spoiledchef

Jan 8, 2006
Okay, I just picked up my "take out" boxes from Michaels. I got 10 for $5.99, so I picked up two packets. They are too cute, and I'm hoping they work as well as the eggs. We shall see...I've got a show tomorrow night. I may throw a twixit in each one, and if they book, they get that to take home immediately, and the other prize when they hold their show.

ChefAggi

Silver Member
Nov 24, 2005
spoiledchef said:
Okay, I just picked up my "take out" boxes from Michaels. I got 10 for $5.99, so I picked up two packets. They are too cute, and I'm hoping they work as well as the eggs. We shall see...I've got a show tomorrow night. I may throw a twixit in each one, and if they book, they get that to take home immediately, and the other prize when they hold their show.

I saw those take out boxes the other day myself at Michaels.. They are really cute and it is a good idea to use for the book to look. I might have to give it a try!!!

Cheers:rolleyes:

heat123

Legend Member
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2005
very cute idea about the to-go boxes! My wedding favors had those boxes filled with fortune cookies for the guests! I like the pink for HWC month. I may just have to try and entice them (since I don't normally use any extra incentives). I really want to double book for May. Maybe this is the ticket?

Feb 25, 2006
I have to take a picture and show you my book to look.

I die cut a bunch of bowls in various colors and then cut an oval for each in white so they look like eggs.

I put them on a board that says book to look and I had someone at the last party pick.... so it did work.

bbauman07

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
gilliandanielle said:
What do you mean 2 for 1 deal? What cans? Did I miss something!!?? Things are slower up here where its cold! LOL

Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

They get a twix it clip now plus what ever the prize slip says at their show. I also usually sell a few packs when I give them away as door prizes, everyone who likes them usually gets all excited and sells them for you. I'm hoping that this will increase my bookings. I'm also going to change my prizes I was giving way "cheap doorprizes", I'm thinking about giving away pantry items instead.

The book to look can be done several ways the jist of it is they have to book a show to look at the egg, envelope, etc. Then they get that prize the day of their show.

I hope this helps

Last edited:

spoiledchef

Jan 8, 2006
I used the take-out boxes last night at my show, and I got two bookings. YIPPEE! To the previous PP, I just put mine in a plastic box that came with my son's toy sorter type shelf. I hope to buy a clear plastic bin to carry them in that doesn't look so much like a "toy bin." HTH

Harrle

Jul 18, 2005
spoiledchef said:
I used the take-out boxes last night at my show, and I got two bookings. YIPPEE! To the previous PP, I just put mine in a plastic box that came with my son's toy sorter type shelf. I hope to buy a clear plastic bin to carry them in that doesn't look so much like a "toy bin." HTH

Sherrie,

If you have the SS Mixing Bowls would the boxes fit inside the Largest Bowl? If they do, you could then also use that bowl for your 'Garbage Bowl' during your demo - I have just started bringing mine for this purpose. Very Rachel Ray - but it works!!

Leea:cool:

spoiledchef

Jan 8, 2006
Leea -- they probably do, and I probably shoud. :) I may have to start that idea. It will look better than a plastic toy bin. ;)
Thanks for that idea.

bbauman07

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
I went to the dollar store today and got cute mini sized gift bags, they were 3 for a $1. I got a total of 6 bags. I'll be bringing back the book to look at my next show, I've also been thinking of adding a second incentive of 10% off their order that night if they book. I hope it works I have 2 shows this weekend!!!

I almost bought the chinese takeout boxes they are very cute, they were 2 for a $1.

My book to look slips are mainly the pantry items right now. I'm hoping for repeat customers that way!!

Last edited: