• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting Frustration: Customer Service Reps & My VIP Hosts

In summary, the CS reps are not able to handle all of the requests and customers. The customer has to call multiple times, and the CS person is not helpful. The customer has to send the CS person items on their own, and the CS person is not patient.
vanscootin
Gold Member
I know there have been posts before complaining about the cs reps... but I want to vent just a little.

This month I have had to VIP customers, and by VIP I mean very important pain. The first one wasn't even supposed to be my customer. I got a text at 630 one morning from a consultant asking me to do her show that night. I said sure. She said she'd call the host and let her know.Later I called the host to confirm and she had NO IDEA what was going on. The consultant had never sent her host packs, her invitations, nothing. She didn't even know the host or guest specials. I tried to make the most of it, and I did and the lady was happy. Well, she asked me about her cookware which was in horrible condition. She followed the use and care, because after being in her kitchen, she didn't have a single metal tool, or a dishwasher. I told her she would have to call HO and I located her receipt from 2005 from another previous conultant. Well, this host complained enough to HO that they were going to send her replacement cookware as soon as they got a tracking number from her sending the old ones back. So I sent them back for her at my cost... and called the CS lady with the tracking number. This was about 3 weeks ago. I called the host yesterday to see how she got her cookware and you know what they sent her. An 8 inch sautee pan and NOTHING ELSE! The professional cookware was her only cookware. I called CS and inquired. And they gave me the old song and dance about how it has to go through inspection. I asked her to look at the notes. And she said, well I don't know then. Couldn't and wouldn't help me. I asked how is this host supposed to cook an entire Christmas dinner with an 8 inch pan!?! I thought I had smoothed things over with this host who has had nothing but bad experiences with PC... but no.

Then last night I get a call from another host who's show was 3 hours from my house. She ordered 4 citrus peelers and only 2 came in the box... they are Christmas presents for her kids. Call CS and the lady says to me that adjustments don't ship out the same as shows do (duh) but lucky for my host they will go fed ex because it's Christmas....Lucky for my host?!? She ordered 4, I put 4 in P3, she got 2... how is this lucky for my host when it was YOUR screw up? I realize that they are busy and people make mistakes, but come on. This is the 5th show this month for me that has had items missing from it. I know they won't be there in time and I'm going to have to overnight her them at my cost... because I don't have any on hand.

But what I can't stand the most is the attitude I have gotten from every single PC CS person this week when I have called. I know they are working hard, and I try to be pleasant and upbeat with them. But seriously, I want to scream!

Wow, that sounds like such a pain. All of it!

LOVE IT!! VIP hosts/guests and everyone else. I am going to remember that next time and it will help me smile right thru it! I have had some not so helpful CS people this month too, so I understand. Also on the citrus peelers they should send them directly to your host, you shouldn't have to overnight them at all.

cincychef said:
LOVE IT!! VIP hosts/guests and everyone else. I am going to remember that next time and it will help me smile right thru it! I have had some not so helpful CS people this month too, so I understand. Also on the citrus peelers they should send them directly to your host, you shouldn't have to overnight them at all.

Exactly what they are doing... but because it's an adjustment and not an order they aren't a priority... but because this was a $1200 show and people I want to do business with again if that adjustment doesn't go out by tomorrow I'm going to send some my self. I dug around and found 2 citrus peelers in the package in my office... so if I mail it priority it will bet there in time.

where exactly are you in PA? Or should I say where is she? Because I am also in PA so if she is close to me I can drop some off if they don't go out in time.

I'm curious, and this is a bit of a tangent from your "lovely" experience...what's the deal with the cookware from 2005??? I have a customer who hosted a show in 2005 and all her nonstick is peeling. So is her mom's, which was purchased at her show in 2005. She's dragging her feet about getting it replaced because she doesn't want to be without cookware, and according to your experience, for a month!
Anyone else had problems with the cookware from then?

pchockeymom said:
I'm curious, and this is a bit of a tangent from your "lovely" experience...what's the deal with the cookware from 2005??? I have a customer who hosted a show in 2005 and all her nonstick is peeling. So is her mom's, which was purchased at her show in 2005. She's dragging her feet about getting it replaced because she doesn't want to be without cookware, and according to your experience, for a month!
Anyone else had problems with the cookware from then?

MINE TOO!!!! Not the non-stick but the outer coating

I have returned a couple of pieces of cookware and I have never had it take a month to get the replacement piece back. Most take about 2 weeks. Also, we have the best customer service in the industry. Normally, they solution Center is very pleasant and handles issues correctly and quickly. We all need to be mindful of how much they are processing right now and how FAST they are doing it. I understand being upset about your experience. If you don't like how you were treated call back and talk to someone else or just dismiss it as the person may be having a bad/ rough day.

heather223 said:
Also, we have the best customer service in the industry. Normally, they solution Center is very pleasant and handles issues correctly and quickly. We all need to be mindful of how much they are processing right now and how FAST they are doing it. I understand being upset about your experience. If you don't like how you were treated call back and talk to someone else or just dismiss it as the person may be having a bad/ rough day.

Agreed. I was frustrated yesterday, called back a couple of hours later, only to find that it had been resolved.

WoW! What an experience. Glad to read everything is working out.

1. How do customer service reps handle frustrated customers?

Customer service reps are trained to remain calm and empathize with frustrated customers. They listen attentively to the customer's concerns and try to find a solution that satisfies both parties. They may also offer to escalate the issue to a supervisor if necessary.

2. What can I do if I am not satisfied with the service provided by my VIP host?

If you are not satisfied with the service provided by your VIP host, you can directly communicate your concerns to them. They will make every effort to address your issues and improve their service. If you are still not satisfied, you can reach out to the customer service team for further assistance.

3. How can I avoid getting frustrated when dealing with customer service reps?

To avoid getting frustrated when dealing with customer service reps, it is important to remain calm and polite. Clearly state your issue and provide any necessary information. Also, try to understand the rep's perspective and give them a chance to resolve the issue before getting upset.

4. What are the most common reasons for customer frustration with VIP hosts?

The most common reasons for customer frustration with VIP hosts include a lack of communication, unmet expectations, and feeling undervalued or ignored. It is important for VIP hosts to maintain open and clear communication with customers and ensure that their needs and preferences are being met.

5. How can I provide feedback to customer service reps and VIP hosts?

You can provide feedback to customer service reps and VIP hosts through various channels such as surveys, feedback forms, or directly contacting the company. It is important to be specific and provide constructive criticism to help them improve their service. Your feedback can also be used to recognize and reward exemplary service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Maggievl
  • chefmickey1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • hselby87