• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cilantro: A Love/Hate Story

In summary, Kacey is worrying about her sister Janet and Janet is worrying about Kacey. Kacey is an expert summarizer of content.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Cilantro, Cilantro so green and so leafy
To others you look like a cousin of Parsley

Your taste is so strong
Like pot in a bong

And I've tried really hard to like you...

I went to Chipolte
Because it is Friday

And ordered a chicken burrito-

With cilantro lime rice and little black beans
Your flavor is truly not what it seems

I disected my meal
and I thought "what's the deal?"

And was saddened by what I discovered.

So many flecks of your green leafyness
Had invaded my mexican supper.

So I picked and I tossed every green piece I saw
so my burrito is now without flaw.

One final note, which I feel I must make

Oh, why can't you just taste like CAKE!?!?!

You have way too much time on your hands Kacey!

Cute poem though.

pamperedlinda said:

Cute poem though.

Um, yeah:rolleyes: - I'm unemployed!

I did apply for another job today- it's an admin job working for the state.

I might just be working on a poem about Dill next! On a side note, my house is clean, I get up every morning and apply for new jobs- if there are new ones in my field, I don't have kids, don't want to waste gas going to the mall just to get out of the house, so I have to fill my days with writing poems about herbs. I have some other poems I've written when I was in my Shell Silverstein phase...wanna hear them?

Last edited:
Yeah- you might want to skip eating at Qdoba, too. All of their rice is cilantro lime rice. I think it's good - not enough of the cilantro to really taste, but enough to enhance the other flavors. But you sound like you're pretty sensitive to the stuff.

chefann said:
Yeah- you might want to skip eating at Qdoba, too. All of their rice is cilantro lime rice. I think it's good - not enough of the cilantro to really taste, but enough to enhance the other flavors. But you sound like you're pretty sensitive to the stuff.
I must be because the rice at Chipolte never bothered me before, infact I liked it. I notieced that their rice got more cilantro-eee and their burritos got smaller. They were very selfish with the cheese and meat. Oh well- at least I didn't have to cook!

pamperedlinda said:

Cute poem though.
If I lived closer I'd come over and help you decorate your baseball cupcakes tonight!

Mmmmmm, cilantro! Love :love: that stuff. I like to pick it fresh and just hold it to my nose and inhale....:chef:

But - I would think your first clue would have been that it was CILANTRO lime rice!!!:p

If I were you, I wouldn't order the Tilapia with lemon-dill sauce either!:D ;)

I should not have opened this thread again. My handful of potato chips I had for dinner seems so unsatisfying now. (I know I said in the dinner thread that I was going to have toast. But it was too much bother to pull out the toaster.)

I love love love love cilantro!!! Mix some tomatoes and cucumber in with some s&p, basil oil and lots of cilantro. I could live on it.

I had never had cilantro before the Jerk Chicken Nachos...didn't like it the first time at all...It grew on me...Now I use it in MANY things - not often is it not in my refrigerator. I think it is an acquired taste.Now parsley, just seems to plain.I have to say PC has really expanded my food horizons. I now try things. (Never liked spinach until recently either).

rennea said:
I love love love love cilantro!!! Mix some tomatoes and cucumber in with some s&p, basil oil and lots of cilantro. I could live on it.

Mmmmmm - throw in some toasted French baguette slices and it's a meal!

I agree with you Janet. PC has so expanded what I will eat!! I love so many more foods now. Cilantro!! MMMMMMMMMM

Kacey, you are cracking me up. DD and I are growing cilantro in the garden, I'll send you some :) ha ha
I didn't know you were such the poet :)

Kacey, I am starting(really JUST starting as up til now you seem like a long lost sister!) to worry about you girl! If you need things to do, you could road trip to Virginia and clean my house!

Love the poem!!

chefmeg said:
Kacey, I am starting(really JUST starting as up til now you seem like a long lost sister!) to worry about you girl! If you need things to do, you could road trip to Virginia and clean my house!

OR.............you could road trip to my house and we can drink some wine on my screened porch (my hosue is already clean becasue I had nothing better to do today after my office work and while the guys were replacing our ac)

janetupnorth said:
I had never had cilantro before the Jerk Chicken Nachos...didn't like it the first time at all...

It grew on me...

Now I use it in MANY things - not often is it not in my refrigerator.

I think it is an acquired taste.

Now parsley, just seems to plain.

I have to say PC has really expanded my food horizons. I now try things. (Never liked spinach until recently either).
I LOVE spinach! I make a few pasta dishes with Spinach in it! Parsley is plain- but it still has a unique flavor, and I use it more for decoration and color than I do for flavor! :)

merego said:
Kacey, you are cracking me up. DD and I are growing cilantro in the garden, I'll send you some :) ha ha
I didn't know you were such the poet :)
I shall share other poems I've written---I just need to find them! :)

erinyourpclady said:
OR.............you could road trip to my house and we can drink some wine on my screened porch (my hosue is already clean becasue I had nothing better to do today after my office work and while the guys were replacing our ac)
I would love to visit your hours and drink housewine (aka sweet tea) But I won't help clean. It's bad enough I have to clean my own house! :) I actually had to leave my sister a note asking her to clean her and dear nieces bedrooms this weekend and air them out. My sister is a freeze baby so those rooms stay shut up and are smelling sort of stale....

Anyway that's a whole other thread! :) I'm going to check out the Anti-Cilantro Club that Janet found for me! I'm so excited! Before my days were just job hunting, light cleaning, walk the dogs, do dishes, get dressed, put on make-up, do hair, chat on CS- write poems about herbs and making sweet tea- but now I can join an Anti-Cilantro group! :)

Kacey...thought you might enjoy this...

Attachments

• churchsign.jpg
    churchsign.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 411
KellARooni said:
Kacey...thought you might enjoy this...
Oh my gosh! That was soooo dang funny! I laughed so hard!

I don't hate it that much- but it's funny that others do! Thanks for sharing that! :)

Did you find that on the Crummy Church Signs blog? There are some great signs there.Crummy Church Signs

I actually found it on BanCilantro.com...I was getting some ideas for my rebuttle to Kacey's Ode!

My sister just read my poem and thought it was really funny! Of course she might just be saying that because she's living here rent free, but she seemed sincere and genuine. She did say something about a white jacket and a padded room... :confused:

Ann!! You just got me in trouble!! I am on vacation...should be watching movie with DBF and DS but can't get off CS long enough...I checked out crummy church signs and got scolded for laughing out loud! I actually snorted!! I needed that!!

You have to ask Chipolte for the rice without cilantro. They have it!

I hate the stuff, too. Just a tiny bit in anything and it overwhelms me.

):

Oh dill, oh dill, oh quite icky dill
They put you in chicken, and that makes me ill!
They sent me a coupon for southern chicken free
Oh please, I wouldn't eat it even if they paid me!

Why ruin a cucumber with vinegar and dill?
Even juice from the pickles makes me really ill!
Cilantro, meanwhile, is not bad at all
However, the frest kind doesn't last very long!

PamperedTre said:
You have to ask Chipolte for the rice without cilantro. They have it!

I hate the stuff, too. Just a tiny bit in anything and it overwhelms me.

):

I love you! :) Welcome to the club!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Oh dill, oh dill, oh quite icky dill
They put you in chicken, and that makes me ill!
They sent me a coupon for southern chicken free
Oh please, I wouldn't eat it even if they paid me!

Why ruin a cucumber with vinegar and dill?
Even juice from the pickles makes me really ill!
Cilantro, meanwhile, is not bad at all
However, the frest kind doesn't last very long!
Bloody Brilliant! :) LOL

Wow, I had no idea people felt so strongly about cilantro and dill. Frankly, I love them both. Of course, I also like hemp seed. (You eat it, not smoke it. It's good for you. :))

I'd smoke rosemary if they let me. :) I LOVE rosemary! Actually I wouldn't smoke it, but I do like it. I bought some Hemp lotion once. I felt like a law breaker- (I used to think it was made with pot and it was still illegal) I'm so cute when I'm naive!

home interiors has a cilantro soy candle, reed diffuser, and potpourri for all you cilantro lovers!!! ha ha !!!!

stefani2 said:
home interiors has a cilantro soy candle, reed diffuser, and potpourri for all you cilantro lovers!!! ha ha !!!!

I am one of the cilantro lovers and this sounds totally disgusting to me!:yuck:

HA HA - when we was reading the Summer Sales flyer - I burst out laughing and thought of you guys......... TOOOOOO FUNNNNYYYYY!!!!

Kacey, I am with ya on this one. I HATE cilantro. My DH loves Chipotle and I never get food when he goes there because of the cilantro. He laughs if I happen to get something with cilantro in it because of the faces I make when I taste it!

A cillantro reed diffuser? I love the herb too but that sounds way icky! Kind of like a Mandarin and Basil from Partylite ... love basil, love mandaring, but the 2 of them together?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2
  • candiejayne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyTheChef