1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: An interesting development in Paige's case

1. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

Paige's father, Frank Birgfeld, has approached law enforcement, asking where the alleged "thousands of dollars" (in cash) went, that was supposedly in Paige's Grand Junction home. As you know, Paige operated several businesses, one in particular that we don't talk about anymore, that was a cash-basis business. CBS News reported in their 48 Hours Mystery story about Paige that large sums of cash were found hidden in her home.

Frank Birgfeld wants to know where it is.

So do we.

The Denver Post broke the story earlier today. You can read it here:

Missing W. Slope woman's dad demands probe

2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

"Unfounded Allegations"? How could it be unfounded if the media is reporting that it's true? Hmmmmm.....

Where is that money that the media says was found? Someone's not telling the truth.

May 14, 2009
  3. The_Kitchen_Guy

4. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Interesting...she's been on my mind this past week. Odd that something came up...

May 14, 2009
  5. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I thought her 2nd husband was the father of the kids...that 2nd article says Rob her 1st husband has custody! I don't blame her father! If there was no money, you know the Sheriff's department would have had a fit when the program was aired...almost 1 year ago!

May 14, 2009
  6. The_Kitchen_Guy

Paige's second husband, Rob Dixon, is the father of her children. He was granted custody of the children and they live with him in Pennsylvania.

7. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

There has been enough pain and suffering; her family doesn't need this kind of additional stress. I hope they find the money and get it into a trust fund for the kids (versus passing it to their 'dad'....I have to use quotes to keep from choking.

May 15, 2009
  8. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

As the old saying goes...anyone can be a father, it takes a special person to be a Dad. Ole RD doesn't fit the Dad word. I don't care if he is raising the children or not. "RD and missing money" not the first time these two words have appeared together in the same sentence.

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO hope Frank and Susan can get some answers on something. Thanks for sharing this KG.

May 15, 2009
  9. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

Interesting. I'm so happy that her parents are staying on top of this.

Janet - I was thinking about her the other day too. Actually, I was thinking about her children. I pray that they are doing well.

May 15, 2009
  10. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I totally agree with you on those points!

Of all things for the family to have to worry about now... when that money could have been used to pay some bills, etc.

May 15, 2009
  11. The_Kitchen_Guy

Our old friend, Paul Shockley, has weighed in on this, too. Paul is a reporter with the GJ Daily Sentinel.

MIssing money alleged in case

In addition, the Denver Post updated yesterday's article early this morning.

Dad asks sheriff: "Where's cash?"

There are links on the page to past Denver Post articles on the case.

12. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

WARNING....
    You may want to refrain from reading the ignorant and cruel comments resulting from this article.

VENT....
    I often worry about the souls of many of the cruel comments made on not just this article but others I have read. Oh wait...they seem to be missing their soul so I guess I shouldn't worry. If someone is going to be so rotten then they should be forced to use their REAL name.

And PS...
    Check RD's pockets and I bet they will find the money...probably not safe or sound!

May 15, 2009
Have something to add?