• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

anApple Tart Recipe for You to Try This Fall

In summary, the recipe is easy, quick, and has minimal prep. The author suggests using a metal baking sheet or bar pan, or the Apple P/C/S. She also suggests using the UM to slice the apples. The recipe does not show off alot of tools, but could be quick and easy to add to something else for the evening.
esavvymom
Staff member
This would probably make a great Fall recipe when it's apple season. But you have to check it out (she has play-by-play photos). I've not made it yet, but Pioneer Woman's stuff never disappoints.

Pioneer Woman's Apple Tart

And it bakes in about 18-20 minutes, with minimal prep. But I was thinking, bake it on our metal sheet pans or the large bar pan maybe. Use the UM to slice the apples? OR the Apple P/C/S and either pull the blade back to leave the skin on, or cut the skins off too (i don't like cooked apple skin...it just feels weird in my mouth!- so I'll cut mine off). It doesn't show off alot of tools- but it could be a quick recipe to add to something else for the evening maybe.

Tools you would probably use:
  • Metal baking sheet or bar pan
  • Stainless steel mixing bowl or batter bowl
  • mix-n-scrape
  • Apple P/C/S ; or the Apple corer and either the UM, or Forged Cutlery
  • One of the measuring cups- Adjustable variety to shoot out the brown sugar.
  • Flour/Sugar shaker
  • Ice Cream Scoop (if you serve with ice cream)

Thanks for sharing Holly! Looks yummy, will save in my ever growing files of recipes. = )

How are you?

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Thanks for sharing Holly! Looks yummy, will save in my ever growing files of recipes. = )

How are you?

*I'm not Holly, but I'm doing just fine! Thanks! :D

:love: He he... I wonder if I'm the Holly, Laurie, was thanking! :love:

By the way I love the idea of this tart, but I am not friends with my APCS. So If I did it it would be with a knife!

esavvymom said:
*I'm not Holly, but I'm doing just fine! Thanks! :D

=X Oh my goodness!!! I am so sorry! Can I blame it on the meds I'm on!?! I swore I saw blessedmommy! LOL Dang Theraflu!

Esavvy, I always love you and Holly's helpful tips, and can't believe I did that! :yuck: :blushing:

You two have the same spirit of helpfulness...and I always look forward to both of your advice and tips.

A thousand apologies? I did love the recipe though and thank you for sharing!:D

This is a really great recipe and website! I love the tart...it was delish and the humor of the websites author is so down to earth. I have found quite a bit of great recipes that can be used for shows and brunches/open houses that are easy and quick. Thanks so much for the link!!;)

How awesome would it be if Pampered Chef teamed up with Pioneer Woman? I absolutely love every recipe of hers I've ever made (and I've made dozens). I just wish she'd support PChef instead of Williams Sonoma!

Bobbi, I found Pioneer Woman b/c of another one of your posts, and I thank you. I've already tried a good deal of her recipes and they've come out great! I made her vanilla scones today. :)

Bobbi, thanks for including the link to the pioneer woman blog. Just spent way more time than I have to spare this morning as I explored her site. Love it. Thanks! :)

Okay, I think I'm actually going to ask for her cookbook for Christmas. I kind of stopped collecting cookbooks because I have too many, and with PC frankly there's just too many recipes and not enough days in my life to make them all. ;) But by golly, I love her layout and format. Step by step pics, too. Her stuff looks great! Now I'm going to have to try some things out. Thanks for sharing it and thanks for everyone who posted and bumped this thread. Somehow I missed it the first go-round. :D

Yum to both of these recipes!

This sounds great. I make a plum tart in the summer, how nice to have an apple thing like this for the fall.

You'll use the citrus press for the squeezed lemon, too! And of course, you have to cut it with something....hello pizza cutter or forged cutlery (or the new nylon knife if you baked it on a metal sheet pan). And you have to serve it with something, too. You know, I think I'm doing this tonight. :-D

1. What ingredients do I need to make this apple tart recipe?

To make this delicious apple tart, you will need: 1 sheet of puff pastry, 3-4 apples (peeled and thinly sliced), 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 2 tbsp melted butter, and 1/4 cup apricot preserves.

2. Do I have to use puff pastry for this recipe?

While puff pastry is the traditional choice for an apple tart, you can also use pie crust or even crescent roll dough for a different texture. Just be sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly.

3. Can I use different types of apples for this recipe?

Absolutely! This recipe calls for 3-4 apples, but you can use any type you prefer or a mix of different varieties. Just be sure to slice them thinly and evenly to ensure even cooking.

4. Do I need to pre-cook the apples before putting them in the tart?

No, you do not need to pre-cook the apples. They will cook perfectly in the oven with the puff pastry. However, if you prefer softer apples, you can sauté them in a pan with a little butter and sugar before placing them in the tart.

5. Can I make this apple tart ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this apple tart ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days before baking. Just cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge until you are ready to bake. You may need to adjust the baking time slightly if the tart is cold when you put it in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Jen1409
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • quiverfull7