• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Amusing Observation About Home Office Lead Orders...

In summary, the experts love the Mini Spatula, but find it amusing that someone will pay more in shipping than for the actual product that is ordered. They also find it funny that someone would order only a mini spatula.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Okay - I'm not complaining...really. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those random home office lead orders that I've been getting almost daily this month. But I find it rather amusing that someone will pay more in shipping than for the actual product that is ordered. Seriously....to go online and order only a mini spatula??? I just wouldn't do it.

Okay - so the one I got tonight ordered 2 mini spatulas...but still...

I think it's amazing how many people love the Mini Spatula! I've also had people buy only that, and many who have it as their answer to the "what's your favorite PC product" question. I mean, of course it's great, but out of EVERYTHING, that's your very favorite???

Can't wait until my second recruit signs and qualifies, so I can start getting those leads!!

Becky, I got one the other day for 3.50

Jennie4PC said:

Isn't that just too funny? :rolleyes: For a $3.50 order - they will pay over $6 in shipping. Crazy!

What's ironic is that I will have people who are placing a large order, and they call to see if I can do anything about the shipping costs for them...gheesh!

Jennie4PC said:

I thought the pie crust shield was low, but you've hit it. It can only be beat by someone ordering one citrus peeler. If I'm paying that much in shipping, I'm finding something else to get.

Still loving those leads, though. Think about how they're going to give you 5% in PC bucks in Dec. once you hit the $1,500 level. It's like another 5% in commission.

An HO lead who had a big order this summer just hosted on Sunday. I was expecting high sales and no bookings. Much to my pleasant surprise, relatively low sales but 1 Jan. and 2 Feb. shows on the calendar and another who will host in the spring. I'm now hooked into this group of friends who are all addicts.

Don't knock those addicted to mini spatulas. I have FOUR in my TTA and a BIGGER addiction to the All Purpose Spreader (my ultimate fav item and if I could be a poster child for it I would) as I have 6 of those. (all of the old handle but whoopy, i like the old handles better, they take up less room in your TTA than the new rounded)

Yes I prob ordered just a spatula at some point.
hehe

I've had the same lady order pan scrapers 3 different times

Yep, I've had an order for one set of pan scrapers. Crazy!

WOW! and I thought mine was low for 7.00 for tongs....:rolleyes:

My lowest thus far was a friend ordering HWC - she spent $9.50 on products & $6.25 on shipping.But I agree, I love the HO leads!!! I've received $485.35 in commissionable sales from the HO leads this month. No complaints here!!! :D

I'm amazed that at least half of my home office leads this month have been for the food chopper. Keep those gifts coming!

beepampered said:
I'm amazed that at least half of my home office leads this month have been for the food chopper. Keep those gifts coming!

This month - I've had at least one HO lead order each day...and I would say that almost all of them include either the large round stone w/ handles, or the rectangle stone.

I had 1 for a Gift Certificate....
But most of mine are for stones.

How do the leads get distributed? Is it based on your level of sales/within PC?

Jillmami said:
How do the leads get distributed? Is it based on your level of sales/within PC?

You have to be a Team Leader or above, and must have $1250 in sales in 3 out of 4 of the previous months, as well as a recruit during that same time period.

Then, they are distributed among those that fit that criteria, based on geographic location. You get put into a "Lead Pool" and leads are assigned to the next person on the list closest to the lead request.

I am starting to wonder if anyone near me is eligible for leads right now. I am getting 2-3 lead orders per day. holy cow! Not complaining though....

Nice!!!

(dang short post)

beckyjsmith said:
I am starting to wonder if anyone near me is eligible for leads right now. I am getting 2-3 lead orders per day. holy cow! Not complaining though....

I'm in the same boat. Not complaining here either!

Well I'm certain there are alot around me, I'm only getting 1 or 2 a month :( But I'll take it! It's better than not getting them.

I'm anxious to see how often I will get HO leads because there are quite a few consultants in my area. I hope to be able to start getting them in February.

I'm getting them from all over AE & AP. It's really weird. Not sure if they rotate orders that far outside your area in the US or not. But there seems to be plenty of orders to go around out here! :D

My recruiter was busy and tried to place an order online using her consultant number. She hit the wrong button and it sent in a request for a consultant. She explained to the person that she is a consultant and was trying to place an order. Next question: "So what do you want to order form me?" Hello? Why would she order from somebody else!

Sorry if it was any of you.

Di_Can_Cook said:
My recruiter was busy and tried to place an order online using her consultant number. She hit the wrong button and it sent in a request for a consultant. She explained to the person that she is a consultant and was trying to place an order. Next question: "So what do you want to order form me?" Hello? Why would she order from somebody else!

I'm sorry - that's a funny story, but not really plausible on the part of your recruiter. The order screen and the request for a consultant screen are on two different pages...and in order to request a consultant you have to do a lot more than just hit a button...including putting in a code that is given to you on the screen, and choosing an reason why you are looking for a consultant.
Sounds like she was giving you a tall tale. :rolleyes:

One more thing that I wonder about... Why go online during the day, enter a cell phone & then get mad when I call you back at that number during the day. Sheesh. :)

crystalscookingnow said:
One more thing that I wonder about... Why go online during the day, enter a cell phone & then get mad when I call you back at that number during the day. Sheesh. :)

You know...I've wondered the same thing. But usually, people are also surprised when I get back to them so quickly.

I'm new to Pampered Chef. At what level do you begin to receive these orders?

Becca_in_MD said:
I thought the pie crust shield was low, but you've hit it. It can only be beat by someone ordering one citrus peeler. If I'm paying that much in shipping, I'm finding something else to get.

Still loving those leads, though. Think about how they're going to give you 5% in PC bucks in Dec. once you hit the $1,500 level. It's like another 5% in commission.

An HO lead who had a big order this summer just hosted on Sunday. I was expecting high sales and no bookings. Much to my pleasant surprise, relatively low sales but 1 Jan. and 2 Feb. shows on the calendar and another who will host in the spring. I'm now hooked into this group of friends who are all addicts.

I DID have someone order one citrus peeler back when it was $0.75 so she spent $6.75 + tax for something I would have given her had she contacted me. Of course she didn't share contact info.

Xpalidocious said:

You have to be a Team Leader and fulfill sales requirements in the last 3 months ($1250 a month, I think).

Xpalidocious said:

Yes, you have to be a Team Leader.

In order to qualify for Team Leader and earn the extra overrides on your sales & the sales of your 1st & 2nd generation, the qualifications are:
  • 2 Active Lines
  • $750 in Personal Sales
  • $2,500 in Team Sales

But to get Home Office Leads, you have to have already obtained the level of Team Leader AND have met the following qualifications:
  • 2 Active Lines
  • $1,250 in personal sales for 3 of the last 4 months
  • $2,500 in Team Sales

;)

Di_Can_Cook said:

I had that happen to me by another consultant. She didn't have her website yet and was trying to order the mugs for HWC. Well, the order went to me and now I am her Hospitality Director, as her recruiter and Director are nowhere near her. She is AWESOME! I had surgery a week later and she made and brought me dinner! :)

There is also a recruiting requirement to be eligible for leads, but I forget what it is at the moment. I'd have to go look it up. LOL

DebbieJ said:
There is also a recruiting requirement to be eligible for leads, but I forget what it is at the moment. I'd have to go look it up. LOL

One Recruit within the past 4 months. Doesn't have to be qualified.

I just remembered the recruiting requirement the other day. My last recruit was in Oct. so I have until Sun. to get someone else to sign. Gotta get moving on getting one of these leads to sign already! I CANNOT lose my HO leads.

I got a lead at my show on Sat. She's 73 and facing her last round of chemo in April. I love that she's seriously thinking about PC.

ChefBeckyD said:
One Recruit within the past 4 months. Doesn't have to be qualified.

Is that under the new plan or was it the old plan? I have the Director's flip chart that my Director gave to me when she quit. It details out everything & I haven't read that in there.

Nevermind - I just found the answer:
Who's eligible to receive Home Office leads?
Team Leaders and above who have $1,250 in personal commissionable sales in three of the last four months, one new recruit in the same time period and an e-mail address on file with the Home Office receive leads. (Note: A grace month does not count as having met $1,250 for Privileges & Awards, such as leads. Please refer to the Consultant Policy Guide.) Requirements vary for Senior Executive Directors and National Executive Directors.

AND THEN......

On the other end of the spectrum - just had a home office lead call me back - to place a $300 order! Whoooo hoooo!

She didn't want to host a show, just order what she considers "the necessities" for her (getting married in July) daughter's kitchen....

I added it on to my catalog show I'm closing tomorrow...and gave her the host bonus and half-off items. She was thrilled, and so am I! A $300 order right now equals 600 points! Whooo Hooo!

We just started in our second month and have two leads that we are working on signing, if they both sign will we be eligible, or will we have to wait until we hit the end of our three months? Will both recruits have to complete a full calendar month for us to get the leads, or will we be eligible as soon as our teams total hits the requirement for the month?

I can usually count on getting a order or lead about every 5 days or so. must be a bit slower now as my last was Apr. 2nd. Hopefully tomorrow will get something. During Nov and Dec. tho I had a lead or order a day!!!

reneenshelcook4u said:
We just started in our second month and have two leads that we are working on signing, if they both sign will we be eligible, or will we have to wait until we hit the end of our three months? Will both recruits have to complete a full calendar month for us to get the leads, or will we be eligible as soon as our teams total hits the requirement for the month?
Well, you have to have $1250 in sales for 3 of the past four months, and your team also has to make the $2500 required for a team leader - so I think you might have to wait a couple more months.

smspamperedchef said:
I can usually count on getting a order or lead about every 5 days or so. must be a bit slower now as my last was Apr. 2nd. Hopefully tomorrow will get something. During Nov and Dec. tho I had a lead or order a day!!!

April has been slower for me - a couple online orders, and no "you have a new lead!" emails. I was wondering if it's because so many are on Spring Break around here, but who knows?

ChefBeckyD said:
April has been slower for me - a couple online orders, and no "you have a new lead!" emails. I was wondering if it's because so many are on Spring Break around here, but who knows?

I have lots of months like that. Some months less that $50 in orders and no "leads"; other months a couple orders and no leads that go anywhere; and other months with lots of orders and others with leads that do shows/sign. It's all in the hands of those generating the leads and how many of us are in the rotation.

BethCooks4U said:
I have lots of months like that. Some months less that $50 in orders and no "leads"; other months a couple orders and no leads that go anywhere; and other months with lots of orders and others with leads that do shows/sign. It's all in the hands of those generating the leads and how many of us are in the rotation.

This is my first "lean" month since I started receiving leads last May! I usually have 8-10 online orders and 6-8 other leads. I guess I still could...

ChefBeckyD said:
This is my first "lean" month since I started receiving leads last May! I usually have 8-10 online orders and 6-8 other leads. I guess I still could...

You just have a lucky star or something or other! :balloon: :thumbup: Please share! :love:

BethCooks4U said:
You just have a lucky star or something or other! :balloon: :thumbup: Please share! :love:

I think it's just that there aren't many around here qualified to get leads. There must be more this month.

And again....

Just had someone spend $8.75 (incl. tax and shipping) for 2 citrus peelers. What a waste of a perfectly good lead.:cry:

EArlier this week I had someone buy a TTA and paid over $21 in shipping alone. The shipping was more than the product.

Another online order earlier this month had hosted a show on March 26. I guess she wasn't happy with her consultant.

But wouldn't you know it, neither gave contact information :-(

Tara

tabailey said:
EArlier this week I had someone buy a TTA and paid over $21 in shipping alone. The shipping was more than the product.

Another online order earlier this month had hosted a show on March 26. I guess she wasn't happy with her consultant.

Tara

I had one of those too! Weird....

tabailey said:

Tara

or maybe she didn't realize she was going to be assigned to another consultant through the lead system.

I had an online HO lead order for 85 mini whippers! Woohoo! Almost $300 in sales!

DebbieJ said:
I had an online HO lead order for 85 mini whippers! Woohoo! Almost $300 in sales!

Very cool! Last month, I had one for 15 silicone hot pad/trivets! That just helps to balance out the one I had this month for 2 citrus peelers!:eek:

If she didn't give info how do you know she had a party on March 26?

I'd love to get one of those xx# of an item! My latest lead order was for 2 mini-serving spatulas and I think I already said once I had one for one citrus peeler (75c).

<h2>1. Why am I receiving so many home office lead orders this month?</h2><p>The home office leads program is designed to help consultants reach new customers and grow their business. As a result, you may receive an influx of orders during certain periods, like this month.</p><h2>2. Do customers really pay more for shipping than the actual product?</h2><p>Yes, it is possible for customers to pay more for shipping than the cost of the product itself. This may happen if the customer only orders a small item, like a mini spatula, which can be more expensive to ship than larger items due to packaging and handling costs.</p><h2>3. Why would someone pay for shipping when they can just order directly from me?</h2><p>Some customers may prefer the convenience of ordering online rather than going through a consultant. They may also be ordering additional products from the Pampered Chef website and want to combine their orders for easier shipping.</p><h2>4. Does this mean I'm losing out on potential sales?</h2><p>No, receiving home office lead orders does not necessarily mean you are losing out on sales. These orders are an opportunity to reach new customers and potentially gain repeat business in the future.</p><h2>5. How can I make the most out of these home office lead orders?</h2><p>Take advantage of these orders by providing excellent customer service and including a personalized thank-you note or special offer in the package. This can help turn these one-time customers into repeat customers and potentially lead to referrals for your business.</p>

1. Why am I receiving so many home office lead orders this month?

The home office leads program is designed to help consultants reach new customers and grow their business. As a result, you may receive an influx of orders during certain periods, like this month.

2. Do customers really pay more for shipping than the actual product?

Yes, it is possible for customers to pay more for shipping than the cost of the product itself. This may happen if the customer only orders a small item, like a mini spatula, which can be more expensive to ship than larger items due to packaging and handling costs.

3. Why would someone pay for shipping when they can just order directly from me?

Some customers may prefer the convenience of ordering online rather than going through a consultant. They may also be ordering additional products from the Pampered Chef website and want to combine their orders for easier shipping.

4. Does this mean I'm losing out on potential sales?

No, receiving home office lead orders does not necessarily mean you are losing out on sales. These orders are an opportunity to reach new customers and potentially gain repeat business in the future.

5. How can I make the most out of these home office lead orders?

Take advantage of these orders by providing excellent customer service and including a personalized thank-you note or special offer in the package. This can help turn these one-time customers into repeat customers and potentially lead to referrals for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • otisbg
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Mandeelou