1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Amusing Observation about Home Office Lead orders...

1. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Okay - I'm not complaining...really. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those random home office lead orders that I've been getting almost daily this month. But I find it rather amusing that someone will pay more in shipping than for the actual product that is ordered. Seriously....to go online and order only a mini spatula??? I just wouldn't do it.

Okay - so the one I got tonight ordered 2 mini spatulas...but still...

Nov 24, 2009
  2. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

I think it's amazing how many people love the Mini Spatula! I've also had people buy only that, and many who have it as their answer to the "what's your favorite PC product" question. I mean, of course it's great, but out of EVERYTHING, that's your very favorite???

Can't wait until my second recruit signs and qualifies, so I can start getting those leads!!

Nov 24, 2009
  3. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

Becky, I got one the other day for 3.50

Nov 24, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

Isn't that just too funny? :rolleyes: For a $3.50 order - they will pay over $6 in shipping. Crazy!

What's ironic is that I will have people who are placing a large order, and they call to see if I can do anything about the shipping costs for them...gheesh!

Nov 24, 2009
  5. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

I thought the pie crust shield was low, but you've hit it. It can only be beat by someone ordering one citrus peeler. If I'm paying that much in shipping, I'm finding something else to get.

Still loving those leads, though. Think about how they're going to give you 5% in PC bucks in Dec. once you hit the $1,500 level. It's like another 5% in commission.

An HO lead who had a big order this summer just hosted on Sunday. I was expecting high sales and no bookings. Much to my pleasant surprise, relatively low sales but 1 Jan. and 2 Feb. shows on the calendar and another who will host in the spring. I'm now hooked into this group of friends who are all addicts.

Nov 24, 2009
  6. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Don't knock those addicted to mini spatulas. I have FOUR in my TTA and a BIGGER addiction to the All Purpose Spreader (my ultimate fav item and if I could be a poster child for it I would) as I have 6 of those. (all of the old handle but whoopy, i like the old handles better, they take up less room in your TTA than the new rounded)

Yes I prob ordered just a spatula at some point.
    hehe

Nov 24, 2009
  7. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

I've had the same lady order pan scrapers 3 different times

Nov 25, 2009
  8. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Yep, I've had an order for one set of pan scrapers. Crazy!

Nov 25, 2009
  9. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

WOW! and I thought mine was low for 7.00 for tongs....:rolleyes:

Nov 25, 2009
  10. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

My lowest thus far was a friend ordering HWC - she spent $9.50 on products & $6.25 on shipping.

But I agree, I love the HO leads!!! I've received $485.35 in commissionable sales from the HO leads this month. No complaints here!!! :D

Nov 25, 2009
  11. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

I'm amazed that at least half of my home office leads this month have been for the food chopper. Keep those gifts coming!

Dec 7, 2009
  12. ChefBeckyD

This month - I've had at least one HO lead order each day...and I would say that almost all of them include either the large round stone w/ handles, or the rectangle stone.

Dec 7, 2009
  13. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

I had 1 for a Gift Certificate....
    But most of mine are for stones.

Dec 8, 2009
  14. Jillmami

Jillmami Member

How do the leads get distributed? Is it based on your level of sales/within PC?

Dec 8, 2009
  15. ChefBeckyD

You have to be a Team Leader or above, and must have $1250 in sales in 3 out of 4 of the previous months, as well as a recruit during that same time period.

Then, they are distributed among those that fit that criteria, based on geographic location. You get put into a "Lead Pool" and leads are assigned to the next person on the list closest to the lead request.

Dec 8, 2009
  16. beckyjsmith

beckyjsmith Member

I am starting to wonder if anyone near me is eligible for leads right now. I am getting 2-3 lead orders per day. holy cow! Not complaining though....

Dec 8, 2009
  17. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Nice!!!

(dang short post)

Dec 8, 2009
  18. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

I'm in the same boat. Not complaining here either!

19. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Well I'm certain there are alot around me, I'm only getting 1 or 2 a month :( But I'll take it! It's better than not getting them.

Dec 8, 2009
  20. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

I'm anxious to see how often I will get HO leads because there are quite a few consultants in my area. I hope to be able to start getting them in February.

Dec 14, 2009
  21. Sheila

I'm getting them from all over AE & AP. It's really weird. Not sure if they rotate orders that far outside your area in the US or not. But there seems to be plenty of orders to go around out here! :D

Dec 14, 2009
  22. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

My recruiter was busy and tried to place an order online using her consultant number. She hit the wrong button and it sent in a request for a consultant. She explained to the person that she is a consultant and was trying to place an order. Next question: "So what do you want to order form me?" Hello? Why would she order from somebody else!

Sorry if it was any of you.

23. ChefBeckyD

I'm sorry - that's a funny story, but not really plausible on the part of your recruiter. The order screen and the request for a consultant screen are on two different pages...and in order to request a consultant you have to do a lot more than just hit a button...including putting in a code that is given to you on the screen, and choosing an reason why you are looking for a consultant.
    Sounds like she was giving you a tall tale. :rolleyes:

Dec 18, 2009
  24. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

One more thing that I wonder about... Why go online during the day, enter a cell phone & then get mad when I call you back at that number during the day. Sheesh. :)

25. ChefBeckyD

You know...I've wondered the same thing. But usually, people are also surprised when I get back to them so quickly.

Dec 18, 2009
  26. I'm new to Pampered Chef. At what level do you begin to receive these orders?

Jan 24, 2010
  27. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I DID have someone order one citrus peeler back when it was $0.75 so she spent $6.75 + tax for something I would have given her had she contacted me. Of course she didn't share contact info.

Jan 24, 2010
  28. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

You have to be a Team Leader and fulfill sales requirements in the last 3 months ($1250 a month, I think).

29. Sheila

Yes, you have to be a Team Leader.

In order to qualify for Team Leader and earn the extra overrides on your sales & the sales of your 1st & 2nd generation, the qualifications are:
    • 2 Active Lines
    • $750 in Personal Sales
    • $2,500 in Team Sales

But to get Home Office Leads, you have to have already obtained the level of Team Leader AND have met the following qualifications:
    • 2 Active Lines
    • $1,250 in personal sales for 3 of the last 4 months
    • $2,500 in Team Sales

;)

Jan 24, 2010
  30. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

I had that happen to me by another consultant. She didn't have her website yet and was trying to order the mugs for HWC. Well, the order went to me and now I am her Hospitality Director, as her recruiter and Director are nowhere near her. She is AWESOME! I had surgery a week later and she made and brought me dinner! :)

31. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

There is also a recruiting requirement to be eligible for leads, but I forget what it is at the moment. I'd have to go look it up. LOL

Jan 25, 2010
  32. ChefBeckyD

One Recruit within the past 4 months. Doesn't have to be qualified.

Jan 25, 2010
  33. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

I just remembered the recruiting requirement the other day. My last recruit was in Oct. so I have until Sun. to get someone else to sign. Gotta get moving on getting one of these leads to sign already! I CANNOT lose my HO leads.

I got a lead at my show on Sat. She's 73 and facing her last round of chemo in April. I love that she's seriously thinking about PC.

Jan 25, 2010
  34. Sheila

Is that under the new plan or was it the old plan? I have the Director's flip chart that my Director gave to me when she quit. It details out everything & I haven't read that in there.

Jan 25, 2010
  35. Sheila

Nevermind - I just found the answer:

Jan 25, 2010
  36. ChefBeckyD

AND THEN......

On the other end of the spectrum - just had a home office lead call me back - to place a $300 order! Whoooo hoooo!

She didn't want to host a show, just order what she considers "the necessities" for her (getting married in July) daughter's kitchen....

I added it on to my catalog show I'm closing tomorrow...and gave her the host bonus and half-off items. She was thrilled, and so am I! A $300 order right now equals 600 points! Whooo Hooo!

Feb 4, 2010
  37. reneenshelcook4u

reneenshelcook4u Member

We just started in our second month and have two leads that we are working on signing, if they both sign will we be eligible, or will we have to wait until we hit the end of our three months? Will both recruits have to complete a full calendar month for us to get the leads, or will we be eligible as soon as our teams total hits the requirement for the month?

38. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

I can usually count on getting a order or lead about every 5 days or so. must be a bit slower now as my last was Apr. 2nd. Hopefully tomorrow will get something. During Nov and Dec. tho I had a lead or order a day!!!

39. ChefBeckyD

Well, you have to have $1250 in sales for 3 of the past four months, and your team also has to make the $2500 required for a team leader - so I think you might have to wait a couple more months.

April has been slower for me - a couple online orders, and no "you have a new lead!" emails. I was wondering if it's because so many are on Spring Break around here, but who knows?

Apr 9, 2010
  40. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I have lots of months like that. Some months less that $50 in orders and no "leads"; other months a couple orders and no leads that go anywhere; and other months with lots of orders and others with leads that do shows/sign. It's all in the hands of those generating the leads and how many of us are in the rotation.

Apr 9, 2010
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted