• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Amish Friendship Bread Problem?

In summary, Amish Friendship Bread is a type of sourdough bread that is shared as a starter among friends and families. To start your own, you will need a starter and follow a feeding and resting schedule. The "Amish Friendship Bread Problem" refers to having too much starter on hand, but it can be frozen for later use. There are many ways to use up extra starter, such as making pancakes, muffins, or sharing it with friends.
Chensa
hi!I have made this before but THIS starter seems to be acting wierd.I had this starter in the freezer, thawed it and began the 10 day process. I am on day 7 and the bag has not filled with air and the starter smells fermenty. Not sure if i should continue or toss. Advice please :(

Thanks for posting! I'm sorry you haven't received any responses thus far. Do you have any additional information or can you rephrase your post to make it clearer?

I would start over. I have attached a recipe I have used. I don't think it freezes well, but that is just me.

Attachments

• AMISH Friendship Bread Starter Recipe.docx
    66.4 KB · Views: 473
I'm no help at all. I haven't made Amish Friendship Bread for over 20 years. If I remember correctly, some of the fruit does partially ferment. Hope you figure out the answer.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your starter is not behaving as expected. It's possible that the starter may have gone bad during the freezing process, which can affect the fermentation process. I would recommend starting over with a fresh starter to ensure the best results. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. Happy cooking!

1. What is Amish Friendship Bread?

Amish Friendship Bread is a type of sourdough bread that is made and shared as a starter among friends and families. It typically has a sweet and tangy flavor and can be used to make a variety of baked goods.

2. How do I start my own Amish Friendship Bread?

To start your own Amish Friendship Bread, you will need a starter. This can be obtained from a friend or made from scratch using flour, sugar, and yeast. Once you have your starter, you will need to follow a specific feeding and resting schedule to keep it active and ready for baking.

3. What is the "Amish Friendship Bread Problem"?

The "Amish Friendship Bread Problem" refers to the issue of having too much starter on hand. As the starter needs to be regularly fed and can quickly multiply, it can become overwhelming for some people to keep up with. This can lead to a surplus of starter and the need to find ways to use it up.

4. Can I freeze my Amish Friendship Bread starter?

Yes, you can freeze your Amish Friendship Bread starter. This can be a helpful solution to the "Amish Friendship Bread Problem" as it allows you to save some starter for later use. Before freezing, make sure to feed your starter and let it rest for 24 hours. Then, place it in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 6 months.

5. What are some ways to use up extra Amish Friendship Bread starter?

There are many delicious ways to use up extra Amish Friendship Bread starter. Some popular options include making pancakes, waffles, muffins, and even pizza crust. You can also share your starter with friends or use it to start a new batch of bread. There are many recipes available online for inspiration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gothim0802
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • janetupnorth