• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Amex and Visa Gift Cards at Pampered Chef: What You Need to Know

or 2 debit...payments in the show notes.Yes, as long as the cards are registered with the appropriate card holder, they can be used. 2 of the companies (I think it's Visa & MC) let you register online. The other one (I think it's AmEX) requires that you call in to register the card. Once it's registered, you have a valid name & zip to use. Just do one payment for the Gift Card amount & then make a 2nd payment for the remaining balance. You can enter up to 3 credit...or 2 debit...payments in the show notes.
pattybrady
Someone (I think Sheila, but not sure? can't find it now) mentioned promoting that guests can spend their Amex and Visa gift cards that they received on Pampered Chef. However, I was told before by HO, and again today when I called, that they could not be used because there is no ZIP code associated with them and therefore the system won't accept them. I've lost a couple sales because people were willing to spend more if using their gift cards but didn't want to spend that much out of pocket. :(

I have a big party tonight (22 confirmed guests!) and suspect some might want to use gift cards. Can anyone confirm that we can accept them, and if so, how? It would make my day to find that out!

Thanks in advance! I called HO (again!) this afternoon and they referred me to the finance office, but I never got a call back...so hoping someone here will know.

No. Gift cards can't be used on a show. I'm sure there are some that may be set up to work but generally they won't work.

What if you accepted the Gift Card in "trade"? You cover the payment, and then you get the gift card from them and use it on something else yourself? So if the customer cost was $60 and they had a $50 visa...they give you the $50 visa card and $10 balance. You enter the payment as "cash", and then however they paid the $10 balance. WHen you close/submit the show, that $50 is coming out of your checking account of course......so take $50 you would normally spend on grocery or gas or whatever and put in your PC account for the orders...then use that $50 gift card for your grocery/gas purchase instead.I don't know if that is against some "rule", but it would accomplish the same thing, and not lose the sale. Seems crazy to me since Gift Cards are such a huge market (over $49 BILLION sold last year I think I heard??).

Yeah it's crazy. The gift card industry loves it because a good percentage of the cards are never used. As far as trading the card you certainly could do that but unless I knew the person really well I wouldn't. How do you know it wasn't already used and it's for the amount they say. People give us bad checks... Terrible that we can't trust everyone but we do have to be careful.

BethCooks4U said:
Yeah it's crazy. The gift card industry loves it because a good percentage of the cards are never used. As far as trading the card you certainly could do that but unless I knew the person really well I wouldn't. How do you know it wasn't already used and it's for the amount they say. People give us bad checks... Terrible that we can't trust everyone but we do have to be careful.
Never thought of that. Why do people have to be that way?? Is it THAT freakin' hard to be honest?!

Sheila!! You know how this works.
Basically they can register the gift card ONLINE and have their address associated with the card! Then the zip code is there!
Sheila has a much better explaination but YES gift cards CAN be used!

ShelbyMichalek said:
Sheila!! You know how this works.
Basically they can register the gift card ONLINE and have their address associated with the card! Then the zip code is there!
Sheila has a much better explaination but YES gift cards CAN be used!

I wondered if that was the way to make it work. So many of those types of cards now you can register. I don't think you HAVE to, but it's probably because of this very reason that you would want to if using it online or in similar situations. There are many local businesses around here (gas, stores, etc) that I have to put my zipcode in when using a debit/credit card.

Unless they changed their policies in the last month, you should be able to use it. I just took a Visa gift card in November and I was told by HO to just put the host zip code in and everything went through fine.

Yes, as long as the cards are registered with the appropriate card holder, they can be used. 2 of the companies (I think it's Visa & MC) let you register online. The other one (I think it's AmEX) requires that you call in to register the card. Once it's registered, you have a valid name & zip to use. Just do one payment for the Gift Card amount & then make a 2nd payment for the remaining balance. You can enter up to 3 credit card payments per order. If they have more, you have to think outside the box & either make a new customer with no order and enter more cards, or put them as paying the rest in cash & adding a 4th/5th Gift Card on the host order (like they paid the cash to her & she's paying the rest).Sorry for the delay in answering. Hubby's visiting from Japan, we got a sitter & went out on a date! LOL Been trying to do that since he arrived on Dec 15th!!! ;)

Thanks so much everyone! No one at my show used a gift card last night, but it's great to know this going forward. I guess if someone brought one to a party that wasn't registered it might get a little tricky, but good to at least know what the process is, and that there IS a way. Many thanks for the help!

If they haven't registered it AND if you checked to see that the balance they say is on the card IS ACTUALLY ON THE CARD ... you could always just register it in your name & then apply it to their order. I'd be checking it online in front of them first to verify that the amount they think is on the card is actually on the card. Otherwise, you might have a big disagreement on your hands if their amount & your amount don't match. ;)

1. What is the difference between an Amex gift card and a Visa gift card?

An Amex gift card is issued by American Express and can only be used at merchants that accept American Express payments. A Visa gift card is issued by Visa and can be used at any merchant that accepts Visa payments.

2. Can I use an Amex or Visa gift card to make online purchases?

Yes, both Amex and Visa gift cards can be used for online purchases. However, some online merchants may not accept gift cards as a form of payment, so it's always best to check with the merchant before making a purchase.

3. Do Amex or Visa gift cards have expiration dates?

Most Amex and Visa gift cards do have expiration dates, usually within a year or two from the date of purchase. It's important to check the card's expiration date before using it to ensure it is still valid.

4. Can I reload an Amex or Visa gift card?

No, Amex and Visa gift cards cannot be reloaded with additional funds. Once the balance on the card has been used, it can no longer be used for purchases.

5. Are there any fees associated with using an Amex or Visa gift card?

There may be fees associated with purchasing an Amex or Visa gift card, depending on where you buy it. Some retailers may charge a small activation fee. Additionally, if the card is not used within a certain time frame, a monthly inactivity fee may be charged. It's important to read the terms and conditions of the specific gift card before purchasing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • jwpamp