• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I get a CC Gift Card to be accepted if it was declined at checkout?

In summary, if the card is activated and the customer knows the card number, they should be able to use it on the show. If the card is not activated, the customer will have to call the number on the card to activate it.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Is there a trick to getting a CC Gift Card be accepted? I have a lady who actually opened her envelope with a gift card from AMEX at checkout (so I knew she hadn't used it before) to pay for an order. The order was around $80, so she paid $50 on the card (the amount of the card) and the rest in a check. Now, I submitted the show, and the card was declined. Not sure how to go about it from here...

I thought someone had said we couldn't use Amex/Visa type gift cards on shows?

They have to be activated first...if the customer just opened it up, she clearly didn't call the 800 # to do that...I just accepted a gift card as payment a few weeks ago and I asked my customer if it was active. That may be the issue. I'd call the customer and find out.

chefsteph07 said:
They have to be activated first...if the customer just opened it up, she clearly didn't call the 800 # to do that...I just accepted a gift card as payment a few weeks ago and I asked my customer if it was active. That may be the issue. I'd call the customer and find out.

Ahhhh...I think you're probably right! Thanks Steph!

Or it could be the zip code issue. She may have to register the card on their website with her address for it to work.

Then again, I did hear a news story about a new scam with gift cards... perpetrators copy the card numbers and wait for you to purchase them, then use up the funds before you have a chance to.

NooraK said:
Or it could be the zip code issue. She may have to register the card on their website with her address for it to work.

Then again, I did hear a news story about a new scam with gift cards... perpetrators copy the card numbers and wait for you to purchase them, then use up the funds before you have a chance to.

This was a gift card sent as a rebate for an appliance purchase.

Most of those gift cards (Visa/Amex/MC) should have been activated when the card was purchased - that is why they pay the $5 fee, etc. So I don't know that she'd have to call the number.But she will have to register it I believe- to have an associated zip-code. Otherwise our CC system won't process it without a zip-code.

1. Why was my Amex Gift Card declined?

There are several reasons why your Amex Gift Card may have been declined. It could be due to insufficient funds, expired card, incorrect card information, or suspected fraudulent activity.

2. How can I check the balance on my Amex Gift Card?

You can check the balance on your Amex Gift Card by calling the customer service number on the back of the card or by visiting the Amex Gift Card website and entering your card information.

3. Can I use my Amex Gift Card for online purchases?

Yes, you can use your Amex Gift Card for online purchases. However, you may need to register your card and provide your name and billing address before making a purchase.

4. Can I reload my Amex Gift Card with additional funds?

No, Amex Gift Cards cannot be reloaded with additional funds. Once the balance on the card is used up, the card cannot be used for any more purchases.

5. What should I do if my Amex Gift Card is declined even though I know there are sufficient funds on it?

If your Amex Gift Card is declined even though you know there are sufficient funds on it, you should contact the customer service number on the back of the card for assistance. They will be able to look into the issue and help resolve it for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • erinpcmorgan