• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

American Idol Discussion: Top 12/13, Favorites, Eliminations & New Features

In summary, the 4th judge is taking too long, the save feature is great, and the contestants are great.
pampered.chris
Gold Member
So I haven't seen where someone has started an American Idol thread so I thought I would!

So what is your thought on how they did the Top 12 er 13 this year?
I wasn't overly sure about it. I liked how it was done in the past.

Who are your favorites so far?
I am having a tough one making this decision. So far I dig Adam, Alexis, Allison, Danny and Matt.

What did you think about the eliminations last night?
I wasn't surprised.

And what do you think about the new "save them" feature?
I think it is great!! I hope it doesn't need to be used, but I am glad it is there!

And the main one...what are your thoughts about the 4th judge?
I think that listening to the judges is very long now, but I like her.

So far I am really enjoying this season.

I wasn't sure about how they got down to the top 12/13 either, but I think they came up with a good group.

I love Danny...I love his singing, his personality, his story. I think Adam is very talented and I really like Alexis too. I can't think of who Allison is, but I really like Matt too.

I wasn't surprised either about last night. I'm glad they added the save feature. Something needed to be done. Some really good contestants left too early. I was actually able to start voting about 15 minutes before I was supposed to. I thought was just entering the number in my phone so I'd be ready when the time came and it went through! So I voted without interruption for 15 minutes.

I'm so over Idol, it used to be so good.

I am really enjoying this year. DH and I like Danny and Lil.

We also like the save feature.

I really, really like Megan, but I don't think she will go far.. She has such a unique voice, but I think that will hurt her.. I also LOVE Adam!!
I'm rooting for Michael to go all the way.. He seems like such a regular guy!!

I think about everyone is great.. The ones I don't care for are Scott, Matt, & Chris

I love Danny - have from the beginning - unfortunately I can't stand Adam - just rubs me the wrong way! Maybe that will change as the weeks go by. It's fun to watch still!

I <3 Gokey and Adam! :love::love::love:

I love Danny and Lil.
Megan is the "vote for the worst" person right now. She is too bizarre for me.

My "vote for the worst" is probably that goth looking guy. I thought he screamed his whole song this week. He looks horrible and doesn't sing well.

Scott is not talented enough to be in the top 12. He is an inspiration and sings well, but not well enough to be in the top 12.

If this season doesn't come down to Gokey and Lil I will know that this show is somehow rigged and will have to boycott!!

Megan has a good voice, but the dancing (jerky thing) is annoying! They told her it was cute now we'll have to see it every week till she's gone. I think her voice is good though.

I like Anoop. I know he is not as talented as some of the others, but I really like him. He seems like someone I wouldn't mind hanging out with and sharing a pizza or something. I hope he sings better (picks a better song) next week.

I thought the girl who sang "Dirty Diana" looked like a hooker. Then they said the song she would be singing and it made sense. Allison, the teenager with pink hair has a great tone to her voice. She should stick to Heart-like sounds. That's what suits her voice.

No one else really sticks out to me. I was sad to see Jasmine go so early, but I knew she wasn't going to win up against everyone else.

I think having a 4th judge is making the judges table take way too long! I hate that part anyway. We don't need to hear what they all have to say. They should have to take turns. Their opinions don't matter anymore. I like that "save them" feature. I thought they would be able to have one each week. They only get one all season. That puts quite a spin on it.

I love Danny and Adam, they have been my faves from the beginning. I like Michael and Matt. I agree about Scott, he is very talented but don't think he has a powerful enough voive to stick around much longer. I am just really not into the girls this year. The guys are so much more talented. Chris is really growing on me, i think i am really starting to like him. Anoop , don't really care for. I like him but not his singing so much. Megan is different and I do like here but think she will go next. I really like Allison, Alexis is okay, she has a great voice-just not so into her. Lil is very talented but I highly doubt she will go to even the top 5.
Like, the new judging.
Like the "save". Could be interesting.

I'm such a Danny fan. I have been since auditions, and not because of the thing they kept featuring about losing his wife...he really loves to sing and it shows. It's been a while since I really had this much hope that someone would go all the way through to the finals in AI, and I'm so glad I didn't give up watching this year like I originally planned to.

I like Kara. I think she adds a new level of interest to the judges' comments...I had gotten to the point where the other three judges were getting VERY redundant, and I was just DVR'ing the show and fast forwarding through their comments each time. Now I actually stop to listen.

I like Kara as well. I hate to say it but I don't really think Paula adds anything to the show. She sounds like she's high or something.

I love Michael Sarver! And Alexis Grace. I was surprised that Anoop stayed and Jorge went.

stefani2 said:
I <3 Gokey and Adam! :love::love::love:
I agree -- love them both! And, any past idol fans need to return -- this group is FABULOUS!!

Paula appeared drunk or something the first night this week when the judges walked across the stage. Her comments seem a little more constructive this year. Kara is doing great, but perhaps 4 judges are too many.

My favorites are Danny and Adam- I like Adam, because it is something different than the same old-same old- I like Alexis's story, I was a single mom for years as well, I love Danny's heart, and his passion !!!

Paula is definitely more than just "quirky" this year.
Now.... I don't mean for this to be mean, but (I sound like Simon - lol).... did anyone else notice that Jorge looks just like the character in "Meet the Fockers" who was potentially Ben Stiller's illegitimate son? (Esp when jorge smiles) It's uncanny how much he looks like him.

YES!!!!! I was trying to place him, why he seemed so familiar to me, and that is why !

I think Kara's comments really bring something to the table. At first I was put off by her, but like many of you I feel Paula is "on something". I think she makes up for the brains that Paula no longer has. I think she sounds like she is going to burst into tears whenever she talks.

I like Adam b/c he is different. I don't care for the screaching/screaming thing he does, but I find that I am staring unblinking at the screen whenever he is on.

Adam reminds me of Elliot Yamin. I was a huge fan of Elliot's.

Allison is the girl w/ the red hair. I LOVE her voice. I think for being 16 she really is amazingly talented.

Alexis is fun to watch. She is so little w/ this sweet innocent speaking voice then she belts it all out and I am caught off guard by her. I really love she sings.

Matt is so soulful. I loved seeing him behind the piano. He is someone I would listen to on a daily basis.

And yes I agree w/ whoever said it above. If you thought you were "over" Idol...hop back on, this is a great group!!

I think Jorge looks like the Mathalete from Mean Girls.
My hubby's top3 are:
1. Matt has the most talent.
2. Danny has talent and is interesting.
3. and "the girly looking guy that hits the high notes."

I LOVE Anoop. He has "it"
My daughter likes Paula...okay we all watch just to see the train wreck... Paula's "crazy talk" has us glued to the TV so we are sure we won't miss anything. Uh? What was with Paula and her choppy speech the other day?

"the other day"? She's always like that. She starts a sentence then kinda forgets she's talking or can't figure out how to make her mouth work or something!

We mute the volume when Paula talks she is so annoying. She always appears intoxicated or under the influence of illegal or prescription drugs. Did I say that nice enough?
I like Kara, I think in general people don't know who she is, but just like Simon she has alot of experience "behind the scenes" of major songs and stars. I hope they keep Kara and give Paula the boot!

I feel sorry for Paula, because the woman has NOT had the easiest time the past few years. But she definitely seems to be under the influence. And what's with her face? Did she have cosmetic/plastic surgery done, or is that just a whole lot of injectibles or Botox? Her skin is pulled SO tight on her face that it is just awful...very shiny!

gailz2 said:
Paula appeared drunk or something the first night this week when the judges walked across the stage. Her comments seem a little more constructive this year. Kara is doing great, but perhaps 4 judges are too many.

LOL - I have not noticed what you guys are talking about. I will watch this week to see if I can see what you are saying....

My rooomate is an American Idol hater ... but I caught it this weekend while house-sitting for my friends who have DVR. What a way to watch the results ... fast forward through all the insipid "who's going to be in the bottom 2" stuff.

I like the judge's save ... but honestly, I don't see it being used or preventing the kind of situations mentioned. I think the only one of those mentioned who would have been saved was Daughtry ... Simon clearly disliked J-Hud, for instance ...

The new judge sometimes makes Paula look constructive ... she went on and on about how Alexis was "a naughty girl ..." and it was Paula who had to tell her to watch her over-singing.

Adam is good but I thought Paula was wrong to cast him in the finals already.

I like Lil and Danny ... wouldn't mind hearing more from many of the others.

I don't watch much TV, but I do watch idol. I think it's great and love the new twists. I don't like some of the comments between the judges though.

this is the first season i have watched past the auditions...i am hooked.
Sad I know

1. What are the new features on this season of American Idol?

This season of American Idol has introduced several new features, including the "Judges' Save" which allows the judges to save one contestant from elimination during the live shows. There is also a new interactive voting system where viewers can vote for their favorite contestants through the American Idol app or website.

2. Who are the current top 12/13 contestants on American Idol?

The current top 12/13 contestants on American Idol are Alejandro Aranda, Alyssa Raghu, Ashley Hess, Dimitrius Graham, Evelyn Cormier, Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon, Laci Kaye Booth, Laine Hardy, Madison Vandenburg, Uché Ndubizu, Wade Cota, and Walker Burroughs. The final number of contestants may vary depending on the judges' save and audience voting.

3. Who are the judges on this season of American Idol?

The judges on this season of American Idol are Katy Perry, Lionel Richie, and Luke Bryan. This is the second year they have served as judges together on the show.

4. Can viewers still call in to vote for their favorite contestants?

Yes, viewers can still call in to vote for their favorite contestants. However, the new interactive voting system allows for multiple ways to vote, including through the American Idol app, website, and social media platforms.

5. Who were the favorites going into this season of American Idol?

Some of the early favorites going into this season of American Idol were Alejandro Aranda, Madison Vandenburg, and Laci Kaye Booth. However, as the competition progresses, new favorites may emerge and it ultimately depends on the performances and judges' feedback.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
nikked
  • pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
Replies
Views
Bren706