• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Amazing...thirtyonegifts.com Has the Same Recruiting Picture

In summary, the founder of 31 gifts was a PC consultant before starting that co., 31 gifts has a nice product line, and I'm surpised that with all of the beautiful consultants we have that stock photos would be used. I feel the same way about the picture that Anne does.
Chefgirl2
Gold Member
I had a girl on my team complain that http://www.thirtyongifts.com is using our same recruiting campaign pictures.

I called HO this morning to find out what was going on with this. Surely, we aren't using clip art...

It's still on their home page...and ours...

The website is misspelled in your post: Thirty- One Gifts Spring 2010

They're not using it for recruiting, though. The link is to their hostess program. I'm sure HO hires an advertising firm to take care of photography and such, and thus doesn't own the copyrights to any photos we use in those kinds of campaigns. Although, when they use actual consultants (like the previous pictures), they don't have to worry about someone else using the same photos.

Chefgirl2 said:
I called HO this morning to find out what was going on with this.

What did they say?

The founder of 31 gifts was a PC consultant before starting that co. I spent last weekend at an event with an upline director from the Company. Much of their business plan and host plan is similar to PC or was before the new biz plan. They have a nice product line.

I'm surpised that with all of the beautiful consultants we have that stock photos would be used.

I really really dislike that picture. The two ladies on the left have their mouths wide open, not too cute IMO. I am very surprised that that picture is not exclusive to PC too....disappointing.

I feel the same Linda

pamperedlinda said:
I really really dislike that picture. The two ladies on the left have their mouths wide open, not too cute IMO. I am very surprised that that picture is not exclusive to PC too....disappointing.

That's funny, because when I first saw it I knew it was a stock photo. I agree with Anne, we have lots of good-looking consultants (and Anne, you are definitely one of them); we should stick with pictures of our own people.

The event that I did this weekend called A Women's Affair used the same stock photo. Same red head right in the middle with all the other girls around her, it is a different pose than the one our recruiting info uses, but it is the same girls, same outfit same wide open mouths.

I think everyone must like to use that picture, I met a Signature homestyles consultant at one of my shows and she gave me a catalog, last night I was going through some things and looked at the back of that catalog and they use the same two girls, the one in the green and the one in the red, with two different girls, but those two both are in the exact same pose, you can see the catalog on their website and it's on the back cover.
Nothin' like being cookie cutter with every other DS company!

http://www.signaturehomestyles.com/catalog/2010-Annual/2010-catalog/index.html

I was talking to someone at HO about something else today and when she asked me if there was anything else she could help me with today I mentioned this to her. She had me give her the links and she looked them up while we were on the phone - she wasn't aware of this and was very surprised that PC didn't use exclusive photos too. She said she'd forward this on to marketing and publications....I'd hate to be that person. She also agreed, the red-head shouldn't have her mouth open that wide!

Careyann said:
I think everyone must like to use that picture, I met a Signature homestyles consultant at one of my shows and she gave me a catalog, last night I was going through some things and looked at the back of that catalog and they use the same two girls, the one in the green and the one in the red, with two different girls, but those two both are in the exact same pose, you can see the catalog on their website and it's on the back cover.
Nothin' like being cookie cutter with every other DS company!

http://www.signaturehomestyles.com/catalog/2010-Annual/2010-catalog/index.html

Actually all three that are in ours are in that one, just not the 3rd one from the left.

This just seems so wrong to me. I sent the following off to career_solutions. I am not sure if this is the right place, but at least someone at HO will get the message.

I recently saw several direct sale companies using the same photo with the same women that we have on the front of our “Take Charge Take Action” brochures. I really dislike the idea that our stuff looks just like everyone else’s. What happened to us using actual consultants? We could have made the same dynamic product using real consultants and it would have more meaning. Except for the picture on the back of the brochure, I doubt any of these pictures are of real consultants. It just seems wrong.

I have to defend PC to an extent. My day job is as a marketing director for a bank. If I had to set up a photo shoot for every ad or campaign that we do, that task alone could be a full time job and would be incredibly costly. At least with my bank, if I was using customers or employees, they would all be local. I can't imagine having to coordinate consultants from all over the country. Besides arranging the photo subjects, you are having to set-up locations, photographers, props, make-up, etc. Keep in mind then that PC would have to pay for all of that as well.

True, it would be nice if we didn't occassionally end up with the same photo that is used elsewhere, but I think we should cut the PC marketing department a little slack.

It's about $$. It is expensive to fly consultants in, pay for the photo shoot and all. They all just use some 'stock' photos. Mentioning it will help, but to have exclusive rights to given pictures would be expensive too. Just tell people - yes, the PC models are so in demand, other companies use our photos too! :)

What's everyone's issue with this? We sell exceptionally high end cooking tools, not pretty faces. What's the big deal?

scottcooks said:
It's about $$. It is expensive to fly consultants in, pay for the photo shoot and all. They all just use some 'stock' photos. Mentioning it will help, but to have exclusive rights to given pictures would be expensive too.

Just tell people - yes, the PC models are so in demand, other companies use our photos too! :)

I like that response!

dannyzmom said:
What's everyone's issue with this? We sell exceptionally high end cooking tools, not pretty faces. What's the big deal?
That's kind of what I was thinking. If anything, it makes the other smaller companies look bad- like they are copying PC (which of course we know they are!). And most people aren't going to notice it, or think twice about it. I think what makes you really notice it is that lady with her MOUTH hanging open! LOLMakes for interesting conversation though I guess. ;)

That is a photo that was bought at I-Stock photo. Anyone can buy it for use. PC has cut back on using real consultants as they have had many incidents of featuring a high achiever in some way then they quit for some reason and PC is stuck with them on the literature. Even in the catalog they used to use more real reps. I am giving away a $57 recruiting program at my website, check it out. 1:10 will win! so get over there check out the NEW LOOK and enter!

pampchefsarah said:
That's funny, because when I first saw it I knew it was a stock photo. I agree with Anne, we have lots of good-looking consultants (and Anne, you are definitely one of them); we should stick with pictures of our own people.
Awww.... shucks! Sorry I just saw this!

For me, I fear that someone will that has already seen a marketing piece from another company with the same pcis will skim over ours, thinking its looks familiar, that they have already seen it.

I mean, I certainly do understand the quandry of consultants quitting and expenses for creating photo shoots. I just don't want our materials to look too familiar.

This is being dealt with on a higher level. I'm on a group for Thirty-One consultants (I'm a hobby consultant with them), and one gal posted the other day about this. The details I remember are sketchy, but I do remember her saying that Thirty-One and another DS company were in discussions about their marketing picture. She didn't name PC, but I'm almost definite that's who she was talking about, since I had recognized the photo already. :)

Thanks for the update!

1. What is the Amazing Thirty One Gifts recruiting picture?

The Amazing Thirty One Gifts recruiting picture is a promotional image used by the company Thirty-One Gifts to attract potential consultants to join their direct sales business. It typically features a group of women holding Thirty-One products and smiling, representing the fun and supportive community of consultants.

2. How is Pampered Chef related to Thirty-One Gifts?

Pampered Chef and Thirty-One Gifts are both direct sales companies that offer high-quality products for the home. However, they are separate companies with their own unique products and compensation plans. Pampered Chef does not own or have any direct affiliation with Thirty-One Gifts.

3. Can I use the Amazing Thirty One Gifts recruiting picture for my own promotional materials?

No, the Amazing Thirty One Gifts recruiting picture is owned by Thirty-One Gifts and is for their exclusive use in promoting their business. Using it for your own promotional materials would be a violation of copyright and trademark laws.

4. Is the Amazing Thirty One Gifts recruiting picture an accurate representation of the company?

The Amazing Thirty One Gifts recruiting picture is one aspect of the company's marketing and may not fully represent the diversity and individual experiences of all consultants. It is important to do thorough research and speak with current consultants to get a better understanding of the company culture before joining.

5. Can I join Thirty-One Gifts solely to receive the products at a discount?

While Thirty-One Gifts does offer a discount to their consultants, the main focus of the business is on sales and recruiting. If you are primarily interested in receiving a discount on products, it may not be the best fit for you. However, if you are also interested in building a business and selling products, then Thirty-One Gifts may be a good option for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • jeanniec
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
jeanniec
  • finley1991