• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Summer Amazing Race with Trifle Bowl Recipes: Possible or Impossible?

In summary, the host had an idea for a show where teams would make different salads in a trifle bowl. The salads would be easy to follow and would not require any cooking. The show went well and the salads were popular.
1PamperedMommy
Gold Member
I just had an idea that I wanted your input on...I've recently had A LOT of success with Amazing Race shows, so much so that that's really the first thing (only thing) I offer to hosts who want a great show. I've been student teaching since January, so I've had very few shows in that time, but now that I've graduated (yay me!), I want to get back in the game. I have 4 shows booked for July and want to make them AMAZING. So after all of that background...I just had a great idea to make my Amazing Race shows summer-friendly. One team will create a salad recipe in the trifle bowl while the second team makes a dessert recipe in the trifle bowl. What do you guys think? Do you think it's "do-able"? I have the trifle bowl recipes from the files section so I still have to look through to find compatible recipes, but if you guys have any awesome ideas to share, this is the place! One thing I was really already thinking was that the salad team will get to use the salad choppers and the veggie wedger (I'm sure other things too). Sorry I wrote so much, but I just thought of it and wanted to get your input. TIA!!! :balloon:

I had an idea for recipes for this show...The salad group can make the layered bbq chicken cobb salad and the dessert group can make something with a red, white, and blue theme (for Independence Day). What do you think??

First of all, congratulations on your college graduation! That is a wonderful accomplishment. Love your Amazing Race idea. I think just about any recipe would work. The ones you mentioned sound yummy!

You could have the host pre-grill some meats and have your teams make a BBQ sauce (uses cookware, forged cutlery, garlic and citrus presses, measuring cups & spoons, serving utensils).

Or they could make salsas in the MFP (forged cutlery, measuring tools, citrus & garlic presses, possible cookware if they need to saute any ingredient). Maybe use the grill basket to bake some chili lime pita chips on the grill to go with it.

I like it. I would probably try to get the salad into a different bowl. Maybe a collapsible bowl or a bamboo bowl. Show case more product instead of just two trifle bowls.

The Red, White and Blueberry Trifle is a favorite of ours and it's easy enough for a group to do and follow along. No cooking involved. Also, the Summer Berry layered Salad uses blueberries and strawberries again and a couple of the same products so those can be the pit stop/detour and steal from the other team. The mandoline is used. I use the stainless bowls for my RWBlueberry trifle because they are more money and cut up the angel food cake into a collapsible bowl. Both delicious and easy to adapt to the game.

Has anyone tried the Summer Berry layered salad? It looks interesting, but I've never really put strawberries and blueberries in a salad before. What are your impressions?? Thanks!!

I think my main question is...What is the yummiest layered salad that would look amazing in the trifle bowl?

I don't have the recipe for the Summer Berry salad, so I'm not sure about that specific one, but Panera Bread and Wendy's both have AMAZING salads with strawberries and blueberries, so I know they can be good!

Just in case anyone is following this idea...The show went wonderfully! We did the Summer Berry Layered Salad and the Red White & Blueberry trifle. The timing was quite perfect and they were delicious! There weren't very many guests, but the ones that came spent more than my usual guest average. I am doing two more of these shows within the next week :)

1. What is the "Amazing Race - Summer Edition" event all about?

The "Amazing Race - Summer Edition" is a team building event inspired by the popular TV show. Participants will work in teams to complete challenges and race to the finish line, promoting teamwork and problem-solving skills.

2. How many people can participate in the "Amazing Race - Summer Edition" event?

The event can accommodate up to 12 teams, with 4-6 participants per team. This allows for a maximum of 72 participants.

3. What types of challenges can we expect during the "Amazing Race - Summer Edition" event?

The challenges are designed to be fun and engaging, and may include tasks such as solving puzzles, physical challenges, and navigating through obstacles. Each challenge will require teamwork and communication to complete successfully.

4. Is there a minimum age requirement for participating in the "Amazing Race - Summer Edition" event?

Yes, participants must be at least 18 years old to participate in the event.

5. Can we customize the "Amazing Race - Summer Edition" event to fit our team's needs?

Yes, we can work with you to tailor the event to your team's specific goals and preferences. Whether you want to focus on team building, competition, or just having fun, we can create a customized experience for your group.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jla8279
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
1PamperedMommy
  • sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • Kimmie