• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Plan Your Next Cooking Show: Fun and Engaging Ideas for an Amazing Race Theme

In summary, this show can be successful if the host is familiar with her guests and makes sure to have a prize that is attractive to the guests.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
Okay, I've read the thread that spoke about these shows, but I need DETAILS!! I have one scheduled for April 8th. We are doing a grilling show. One team will be making the Teriyaki Pork Kebobs from the Casual Cooking cookbook and the other will be making the Profiterole Puffs.

I want to make sure I make it fun and make it make sense. I want to incorporate detours and pit stops, but am unsure how. Both recipes have a bit of down time; the kebobs cook for 15 minutes and the puffs have a 22 minute baking time.

Those of you who do these shows (and successfully) please give me some tips and pointers or an out and out script.

THANK YOU!!:D

Last edited:
Okay, nevermind I found it! If you have something to add that would be good to know for this show please let me know. Thank you!

And for anyone else who is still searching try these attachments. I cannot take credit for them I just found them.

Attachments

• Amazing Race outline.doc
    58 KB · Views: 844
  • Amazing Race step by step.doc
    36 KB · Views: 729
Good luckI have a big party tomorrow night that I am doing an Amazing Race show with - we have about 15 people so we are dividing into 3 teams and making: Triple Chocolate Fruit Pizza, Tiramisu Brownie Squares and the Clubhouse Chicken Squares. Nervous but very excited all in the same boat! Lord willing this will become a regular thing for me.

Please post back and let me know how it goes. I'd love to hear your tips and suggestions.

I have done The Amazing race shows before, with great success, HOWEVER, last weekend it FLOPPED, Big time. The host booked from an amazing race show, and insisted she have one also. She ended up with 22 people there, but only 3 people wanted to participate. Everyone else was so busy talking, ect, they did not want to become involved. I put so much work into the planning of it, and was a bit upset in the reaction of the guests. My husband ended up coming up from the basement, from the "guys room" and joining a team, so we had 2 teams of 2. I ended up taking orders while they made the recipe. I learned an important lesson. Make sure your host KNOWS her guests. Also, just because there are a lot of guests, does not mean it will be big sales. It will close just at $500. I did not even get to do a demo, and everyone was so rude, I was just glad to pack up and leave.

The thing is my host is expecting 4-5 couples. So I was going to split the teams by gender and have the winning team receive 10% off their order, but that's not a great prize because each spouse isn't going to place a separate order. So, they will have to stay with their "other" for the race. For me I wanted them split up so they could tell each other about all of the products used. Oh well...maybe next time I'll be more creative with a prize.

What is "Amazing Race"?

"Amazing Race" is a popular reality television show that follows teams of two as they race around the world, completing challenges and competing against other teams for a chance to win a cash prize.

How do teams navigate during the race?

Teams are given a series of clues and must use their problem-solving skills to figure out the location of the next challenge. They are also provided with a map and can use public transportation or taxis to travel between locations.

How long does the race last?

The race typically lasts for around 25-30 days, with teams traveling to multiple countries and completing challenges along the way. Each episode covers a few days of the race.

Are the challenges real or staged?

The challenges are real and often require physical strength, mental agility, and teamwork to complete. However, the production team ensures the safety of all contestants and may make minor adjustments for filming purposes.

How are teams eliminated from the race?

Teams can be eliminated through various ways, including being the last to complete a challenge, coming in last place in a non-elimination leg, or receiving a penalty for breaking a rule. The final team to reach the finish line is eliminated from the race.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
mrsbmomof3
  • gilliandanielle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies