• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Discussion: Amazing Race Fans Unite!

In summary, the Furry Guy and the other viewers are not happy with the remaining contestants, specifically those that are still in. They hope the Globetrotters and the brothers will not be part of the final two teams. Megan and Cheyne are the only contestants that the Furry Guy likes, and he would like to see them win the competition.
DebbieJ
Just wondering who's watching and wants to chat about it.

The Furry Guy and I have been watching. Frankly, I'm not particularly thrilled with any of the people still in. I'm hoping the Globetrotters and the brothers will not be part of the final two teams. Both teams play dirty.

I'm not a fan of Brian and Erika. I think Megan and Cheyne are solid--they get along, they play mostly fair. I won't be surprised if they win. I do like the Globetrotters, although I have been surprised by their dirty play the last few episodes.

I have not been watching it..I only watched the first episode..is the guy on there who is a Lawyer?? What about the Poker Players??

I haven't watched it this season. DH has, and I've listened in while doing other chores. I don't really have time to sit down and watch TV anymore.

I missed last week and was sad to see (during last night’s re-cap) that the team I wanted to win was knocked out. I had hoped the father and son would win.

Of the teams that are left? They are all pretty annoying. Can we get Megan into the winner’s circle without Cheyne? She is the only reason they are still in the game. I could not believe he had her rolling those bales of hay . . . what a loser.

And last night? For Pete’s sake people, there is a one million dollar prize involved. Get down on your belly and look under the chairs.

Heidi, the ever-so-charming lawyer was knocked out fairly early. I was hoping during the first episode that he and his fiancée would be the first to go. He was horrible.

Can you tell I yell at the TV during this show?!

yeah, I liked the father son team too. I think the race was really good for them.I couldn't believe last night too, Jeanine! They were barely searching! I hated the lawyer guy. His poor fiance.

Ugh... I wanted the father son team as well! I was so sad last week. I really don't care for any of them left. They are getting so annoying! Megan drives me crazy constantly yelling Cheyne - I was glad to see the Globetrotters complain about it:!) I'm really upset with the brothers - stealing the cab!! I thought they were very cool-headed about it - I would have wanted to strangle them! I now want them to win because it really showed their character to me. I think they argue a lot, but that would be me and my husband if we were doing something like that with the stress level, but we have a great marriage.

Go Globetrotters.

Maybe I'm not paying good enough attention, but I don't see them playing dirty. They seem to get along with each other, are polite to others, and are pretty funny.

I thought the brothers were going to win, but now they have ticked off everyone else I don't see them getting any help from anyone. Their fighting is getting really annoying so I'm not routing for the token gay guys anymore, as disappointing as that is.

The Globetrotters seem to make it by the skin of their teeth, esp. when they went down the water slide ahead of the chick. They really lucked out with that one.

Last night got me to be more of a fan of Meghan and Cheyne. Hadn't really been paying attention to them.

Erika and Brian are lucky to still be there as well. I can't believe they had her look for the mandolin after her horrible time counting bells in the bell tower. She is obviously not detailed oriented.

I always imagine which challenges I would do and which I would have DH do. I'm very detailed oriented and would have looked for the mandolin. He doesn't see dirt in our house so I don't think he could find a miniature instrument (I loved how they had decoys!!). He would have had to steer the kayak b/c I don't have the upper body strength to do the wire pull. I would have loved to have herded the ducks several episodes ago.

I love, love, love The Amazing Race. I keep going around and asking people if they will be on it with me. I want to do that so badly, you have no idea. In fact, three years ago when I found out I was pregnant, as I was leaving the Dr's office I said "oh, now they won't let me be on Amazing Race" The nurse was like "Your supposed to be on the Amazing Race!" I hadn't even applied but I would love to go.

Anyway, this season is annoying me. I like Meghan and Cheyne although last night she annoyed me when she kept saying his name while he was searching for the instrument. I don't like the brothers or the Globetrotters. I really have an issue with them and their attitudes and the way they get ahead. I just keep thinking they are on a family oriented sports team that is supposed to teach fun and good behavior and they are acting like this. I think they are the ones that tripped the brothers and then blamed it on them and said they were going to start playing dirty. I do like Brian and Erika and for the most part they get along well. She is short on patience sometimes but I have no right to talk about anyone for that since it is one of my main problems. I liked the father and son but my favorite team lost out because she wouldn't go down the freakin' water slide!

All in all, don't be surprised to see me on there one of these days happily wearing my PC shirt and yelling at my husband for going the wrong way (his sense of direction leaves a lot to be desired!!).

I have been watching the show. i was really bummed when the team with aspergers got ot case they lost a passport. What a sad way to leave the game. they were the team I anted to win. Megan and Cheyen or the globtrotters are the ones I am roooting for..
Sharon. I so want to be on the amazing race but unortunatly I dont see that happening with 3 young kids at home

Sharon, I'll go on with you. They probably won't want us, though, if we won't be yelling at our husbands the whole time :) We can be like the couples who are newly dating in a long-distance relationship. I need to start working out now to get in shape.

Where I used to work 4 of us would gather the next morning to recap. One girl and her husband really wanted to go on it and would have been great, except he was not born in the US and that was one of the requirements. I used to have contacts all over the globe and had images of myself with my big wad of business cards in case I needed to call someone.

The only season I really didn't watch was when they did the families. Otherwise, it's must-see TV for me.

Becca, i really enjoyed the family one. My family would have been the sisters they called the pink ladies

Yeah, my only downfall would be - and I have said this many, many times - that I wouldn't want the whole world to hear how I talk to my husband when he gets us lost. Frustration doesn't even begin. I don't curse or call him stupid or anything like that but I start talking faster and faster and louder and louder and I can't seem to stop. Someone needs to cut my string!

But I also have an (almost) three year old and my husband is active duty army and I don't see the army letting him off for six weeks to do that. We really talked about it while he was recruiting. We thought "hey, they might let us do it if he agrees to wear and Army t-shirt with a recruiting phrase and phone number on it the entire time we are on there"

Jean DeVries said:
Go Globetrotters.

Maybe I'm not paying good enough attention, but I don't see them playing dirty. They seem to get along with each other, are polite to others, and are pretty funny.

They're enjoying themselves, but they've been rude to other players and have definitely played dirty several times.

raebates said:
They're enjoying themselves, but they've been rude to other players and have definitely played dirty several times.

Apparently I've missed that.

And not to expose my moral ineptitude, but for a million dollars, I'd play dirty too.

I understand. However, that would make it necessary for me to stop rooting for you. ;)

raebates said:
I understand. However, that would make it necessary for me to stop rooting for you. ;)

Even if I gave you a cut of the winnings? ;)

I like the Globetrotters. I think they've done some things that weren't great choices, but not horrible like the gay brothers. Stealing their taxi was just plain wrong!! I was hoping that they would get penalized like an hour at the mat for that! Now when I think of dirty play that is what I picture. It was hard to tell on the replay of them running who pushed whom, but now we've seen what those brothers will really do to win so I don't put it passed them that they elbowed Flight Time. I thought the Globetrotters have played a respectable game.

My next favorite team is Brian and Erica. I was so hoping it would be a non-elimination round. I'm sure she can get annoying, but under that stress who wouldn't? I think they are a strong team. They don't fight much between them and they play fairly with the other couples.

I don't care for Meghan and Cheyne. Mainly because of Cheyne. He's kinda a prick! (is that a bad word?) :D

I so hope the brothers are not in the final 3!!

Jean DeVries said:
Even if I gave you a cut of the winnings? ;)

Nope. I cannot be bought. :p I'd still love you, though.

Very interesting night. No doubt that DH and I would have done the lager challenge, though I hadn't realized how far it was from the brewery to the bar that it took them all night to do it. I am never able to pay 100% attention when watching. The brothers should not have gotten credit for their golom with the arm being broken. I was hoping they were going to have to go back and do it all over. And 2 minutes in the chill chamber? Pure torture!!!

Poor trotters. Didn't they know not to trust the brothers? Those brothers are evil, evil, evil. Just as bad as Mean Russell on Survivor.

Who are you rooting for now? I like a come from behind story (Brian and Erica) but don't think anyone can beat Meghan and Cheyne who can get my vote as deserving to win due to shear skill.

I'm thinking about going to see the Globetrotters on New Years' Eve, just to root for Big Easy and Flight Time. They have been my favorites from the beginning. Obviously, no one knew about Kafka and the Kafkaesque nature of the warehouse and the two absurd bureaucrats. (I know, "absurd" and "bureaucrat" is redundant. Those two had to be well paid actors.) I feel really bad that Big Easy didn't know the name Franz. He probably never saw Hans und Franzm to pomp you ahp all those years ago.

Flight Time should've done the challenge. I've got nothin but love for Big Easy, but he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. When he couldn't figure out the time on the watch that should've keyed them in on that!

I'm still rooting for Brian and Erica. Although it will be very difficult to beat Meghan and Cheyne. They are both so dang competitive. Her more than him which gives them an edge. She was lugging that big ole thing all over the city with Cheyne whining the whole time. Grown some nads kid!

I TOTALLY DISLIKE THE BROTHERS!! I hope they run into some major problem in the finale.

Becca_in_MD said:
don't think anyone can beat Meghan and Cheyne who can get my vote as deserving to win due to shear skill.

Can Meghan win alone? I bet she drops Cheyne like a hot potato when they get done. She's been the backbone and more for that team (even if she was annoying last week calling his name).

I don't like the whining, but I'd accept either of the couples as winners. The brothers have got to lose.

Don't like the brothers at all. I really like Brian and Erica. But I have also grown to love "Mean Russell" on Survivor. Didn't like him at all at first but now he just cracks me up.

I'm rooting for Brian and Erica, but I'll be very surprised if they win. I don't want the brothers - can't stand them!

I'm starting to enjoy watching Russell, but can't really say I like him (LOL)!

so, what did you think of the finale??

It was fun to watch - wish they had a better challenge than counting out the poker chips - something more mentally challenging like remembering past challenges (like they've done in past years). A good team won - my husband picked them at the beginning so he was happy. I had picked the Globetrotters - I wish they hadn't blown it last week!

I'm not surprised at the outcome. I wish the brothers would've gotten third! Or their taxi exploded or something. LOL! Did you hear Dan say that it wasn't their fault that they stole Brian and Erica's taxi?! I was like WHAT?!! Crazy!

We were actively rooting against the brothers by that point. I was pleased with the outcome. That team was in the lead for most of the race. While they sometimes got whiny and annoying, they played well. I was very disappointed in the married couple. The way she spoke to him just irritated the heck out of me. I know she was frustrated, but that's no way to talk to your spouse. And, yes, I feel the exact same way when a husband speaks disrespectfully to his wife.

I was pleased at the outcome, at least, as happy as I could be since the Globetrotters were out of it. I was just happy to see the brothers NOT win. (Maybe there IS something to this Karma thing, Earl.)

Yeah, I don't believe in Karma, but I know the Bible says that we reap what we sow.

Did you notice all of the taxi trouble they had on the finale? LOL!! Brian and Erica were too nice!! I'm not sure I would've been able to give hugs and laugh off them stealing the taxi.

Yes, she totally lost her cool. It was hard to watch. I find it hard to come down on her too much because I can totally get her frustration. Not everyone can stay cool under pressure.

I have to admit, I thought the finale was a tad bit boring because I knew that M & C would win. The drama was all created with editing, except of course for Erika's freak out.Of all the seasons I've watched, I'd say this one was the least exciting.

The Furry Guy found the brothers' taxi trouble very entertaining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• straitfan
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
christinaspc
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies