• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheer for the Cowboys: Let's Go!

In summary, the conversation revolved around the reality show "The Amazing Race" and the various teams competing. The cowboys were a fan favorite and ultimately won in the end, with the second place team expressing admiration for their class and integrity. Some members of the group also discussed their disappointment in a particular team's behavior towards others and the importance of social skills in the competition. The conversation also touched on past contestants and their memorable moments on the show.
DebbieJ
Do we have a thread yet?

I'm loving me some cowboys!!!!

Yehaw! My husband is watching it because of the cowboys. He is cheering them on. It is so cute!

Did they come in first (cowboys) last night? I came in late to the show so missed the first several teams crossing the finish line.

chefjeanine said:
Did they come in first (cowboys) last night? I came in late to the show so missed the first several teams crossing the finish line.

Yes they did.

We weren't too sure about the cowboys the first episode, but are LOVING them now!!!!

I am loving the cowboys also. I am also rooting for Jeff and Jordan, qestion is do you have to be famous now to be on it? the last few episodes they have had people on there who are known. this one especially

I haven't watch Amazing Race in a few years. I finally get to watch it this year. I love the cowboys. I found it funny when they were losing at poker and caught right up at the roping!

It is amazing how many challenges the cowboys are the best at--love them!!

I'm sad the moms left last week. I liked them and wanted to see them hang in there a little longer.

The Cowboys are great! I was sad to see Grandma/Granddaughter go. What a feisty grandma.

I too love the cowboys and of course the BB couple Jeff & Jordan!!!

Yeah, cowboys. They are so cute!

Go, cowboys, Go! Wouldn't it be great for two men who are so upbeat and sweet to win?

raebates said:
Go, cowboys, Go! Wouldn't it be great for two men who are so upbeat and sweet to win?

Yes, it would be refreshing! :thumbup:

Love the Cowboys. Nothing ever seems to phase them. They are so even keeled and are genuinely enjoying themselves. I really need the models to go away. So glad the cops are still in it, too.

Ditto to everything Rae said. I was thrilled the cowboys won that leg....and that the cops didn't get eliminated. Those four are such a contrast to Miss self-absorption and the whiny-brothers.

I agree with you guys BUT I do have to agree that the "beauty queen" was right when she said that the female team they U-turned were rude to her. They were very rude to her and from the very beginning with absolutely no reason. And then when they got U-turned they both went way beyond simply being angry - I thought they were just downright nasty. I actually find her and her boyfriend bickering at one another very funny because with the editing it sometimes seems to come from out of left field. It's like they got off the plane in a different time zone and it put one of them in a different mood - and it's not just her, he does it too. I do think they have proved themselves to be better than they were given credit for from the beginning.

That being said - GO, COWBOYS!!!

I agree, Sharon. The female team they U-turned was just plain nasty to the models, especially to her. When they were U-turned they complained that they weren't that strong a team. They were a strong team. They were whiny, bickering, and annoying, but they were strong. Plus, the social aspects of this game might not be as important as in some other reality/contest shows, but it still figures in. Frankly, I've been impressed at how well the models have done. I would never have guessed they'd be in the final four. Though, honestly, I also find them whiny, bickering, and annoying. The other brothers (not the cowboys) have such bad attitudes toward one another and the situations they find themselves in. The fit they appear to throw in the next episode is just uncalled for.

Oh, I saw that preview - they reminded me of my three year old. But I do have to say, they did really well together this week. I think maybe this whole thing has been good for them - but next week will tell the tale.

I'm just glad that my worst moments of DUH! have never been captured on tape. We all have them.

All I can (and will) say is "that was disappointing" for me.We can all chat later, once the west coast has had a chance to see the final episode.

Good morning. What did you think?

What does second place get? I wanted them to win.

Class and integrity are worth far more than a million dollars. The cowboys were the real winners.

raebates said:
Class and integrity are worth far more than a million dollars. The cowboys were the real winners.

I agree! But since they upped the winning to a million I thought second might get some money too! They did win several 1st place prizes along the way,

I don't know if there's any prize for second place. Maybe someone who's watched it closer or for longer would know the answer to that.

No prize. However, all the contestants receive a stipend based upon their finish in the race, so they'll get some money.I was pleased with the outcome. I would have been pleased if the 2nd place team had won too.

Of the top 3 Dan and Jordan were the ones I wanted to win the least!! I didn't care for them at all. It would've been very nice if a team that wasn't annoying and played with integrity won. In this top 3 case it would've been the Cowboys! They ran a good, clean race!

What did ya'll think about the Caite/Brandi confrontation? I can't believe that Brandi is still holding a grudge over the "U-Turn". It is apart of the game although unpleasant. It isn't like they stole their cab or cut in line or anything. Course Brandi and her friend were one of my most disliked teams as well.

I totally agree with you. I wanted the Cowboys to win so very bad. Brandi showed such immaturity. If anything you would have thought she would have graciously offered congratulations to Caitie & Brent. They played a much better game than Carol & Brandi in my opinion. I am sorry to see this show end.
However ..........we now have the finale of Survivor to look forward too..........and Dancing with the Stars....
Love, love love reality TV:p

Maybe my memory is wrong, but the cowboys were the only team that didn't have a breakdown. Good souls/good spirits. I would have put out my eyes and kicked in the TV had Caitie & Brent won. Hmmmmm? Maybe I should see a shrink for a "tune up."

I don't think U-turning someone is too bad, but what Dan and Jordan did was outright cheating. The cowboys were too dignified to shove them out of the way like they deserved. Cheaters!

raebates said:

Agreed. Those cowboys were a class act.

I have to say that was one of the most boring final legs EVER!

Chef Kearns said:
What did ya'll think about the Caite/Brandi confrontation? I can't believe that Brandi is still holding a grudge over the "U-Turn". It is apart of the game although unpleasant. It isn't like they stole their cab or cut in line or anything. Course Brandi and her friend were one of my most disliked teams as well.

This is why I never watch live television. I had it recorded on my DVR and fast forwarded through the whole thing. Same thing on Biggest Loser. I FF through most everything after the weigh in.

I have a new rule to propose for future seasons of Amazing Race. Every team receives a 5-minute penalty for every profanity uttered at a service person of any kind--cab driver, airport check-in clerk, etc. You swear at someone who is simply trying to do their job and you incur and penalty. If that rule had been in place the cowboys would have arrived 2.5 days ahead of every other team.

raebates said:
I have a new rule to propose for future seasons of Amazing Race. Every team receives a 5-minute penalty for every profanity uttered at a service person of any kind--cab driver, airport check-in clerk, etc. You swear at someone who is simply trying to do their job and you incur and penalty. If that rule had been in place the cowboys would have arrived 2.5 days ahead of every other team.

Agreed!!!! But I have to say I thought the fact that Phil even gave Brandi a chance to speak was wrong. No one should have had an opportunity to say anything negative to any of those three teams that finished. There have been teams that were angry with one another before but they have never been allowed to complain about it on the air. I am disappointed that the producers allowed that to be played up by showing them not cheering for them when they came in and giving her a chance to speak. That being said, I kept waiting for Caite to say something about having enjoyed being on the race with Brent but her entire little speach there at the end was about her and it's like he wasn't even there.

In the end though, Cowboys should have won! I love Amaing Race....would love to go on Amazing Race.........watch it all the time and they are my favorite team ever.

I agree! Cowboys are the best team I've ever seen (haven't watched it the whole time). I was SO bummed that the brother's won, although I prefer them over Brent/Caite. I'm kinda curious to know how long after the brothers the cowboys actually got there. Also, I agree that they are the real winners because they played a smart, fair, game and retained all their integrity - usually even the best teams you can't say that about, usually the teams at least do ONE sneaky/underhanded/mean thing at some point in the race or even just snap at one another. The brother's got lucky and got ahead by doing sneak things, the cowboys played an amazing game and should be proud of that.

While it was shocking that Phil gave Brandi the chance to speak, at least it showed who she truly was. I might have been more annoyed if she had been all fake and apologized and then "all was forgiven". But the annoyance that she gave me when they got eliminated was just proven to be her real personality, not just the emotion of the game. The thing is, why are they saying Caite was "so stupid" to U-turn them when there were stronger teams!? They WERE a strong team PLUS a mean/annoying team, why shouldn't they be u-turned?

I laughed every time she referred to Caite as stupid. Frankly, I'd rather admit that someone was smarter than I thought than admit I was beaten by someone stupid. Maybe it's just me.

Will not give anything away from tonight. . .but here's some exciting news regarding The Amazing Race 2011 -- the Cowboys are getting a second chance!

The Furry Guy and I were pleased with the end results, and we're looking forward to the next season.

I liked all three teams that were in the finals but I really wanted the team that came in 2nd to win - I mean, come on, poor girl got smacked in the face with a watermelon on the first leg! But I'm happy with the outcome. I really liked the father daughter team and I'm looking forward to next season - it starts on my birthday!!!!

chefjeanine said:
Will not give anything away from tonight. . .but here's some exciting news regarding The Amazing Race 2011 -- the Cowboys are getting a second chance!

WHAT? I must have missed something last night! Can you PM me with some details? I SUPER curious now...

Okay, I just saw the tail end of the episode from last night. We were watching with friends and turned it off shortly after everyone had crossed the finish line. I'm SO glad to see Jet & Cord are BACK!!! WooHoo!

At the end of the episode, they did a preview of next season, starting in February. Teams who DIDN'T win are back for another try...some of our favorites, and couple that made us groan out loud...

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/index.php/video/viewvideo/66/amazing-race/the-amazing-race-february-2011-promo

nikked said:
some of our favorites, and couple that made us groan out loud...

Agreed! There were a few that made me think "Really? You asked them back. Hmm."

Call Me shocked. Nobody had the foggiest idea who Sancho Panza was? What ever happened to a Liberal Arts education?

RMDave said:
Call Me shocked. Nobody had the foggiest idea who Sancho Panza was? What ever happened to a Liberal Arts education?

I know, Dave. I've never read Don Quixote or studied Spanish, but I knew that one. Guess they don't tilt at windmills. I was especially surprised that the doctors didn't get it. It goes to show the value of a liberal arts education. My geek husband had no idea who Bob Eubanks was, either. He looked at me, the game show lover, and assumed I knew who he was ;)

Another very anticlimactic finale. Heavy editing took place along with not very challenging challenges. I read an online thing from the doctors who said there was a guy with a clue at LAX that the other 2 teams ran past on their way to the taxi stand. That's how the doctors got a good lead.

The Furry Guy had never heard of Sancho Panza or Don Quixote. Then again, he's not a literature or theater buff. Frankly, I'd be shocked if the average person under the age of 30 knew the answer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Morvin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • stefani2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • ChefBeckyD