• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Laid-Back Direct Sales Parties More Successful?

D
Dee Ryan
I have only been doing this for one month - and it's really been an amazing learning curve. Prior to signing up, I had only been to ONE PC party - and truthfully, I found it ODD - the consultant was a bit odd looking, had a 45 minute MEMORIZED speech in which she covered EVERYTHING, wouldn't let you ask questions (I think it threw her off her "speech", because if someone interrupted her, she got a bit mad and then had to "rewind" a few lines and then let fly again!) Apparently she is one of THE biggest sellers in my area. But my sense is that people only book her to see the spectacle. Hey - it works for her, she's doing great, I'm not criticizing, I just know that I am not a competent auctioneer!
So my first 3 parties I kind of struggled thru, trying to cook, talk and keep control of the room - no small feat, I quickly discovered. Then I decided to do an experiment, and I got to my host's home early, had her help me cook the food, set everything up, and when the guests began to arrive I just gave them the catalog and form, sort of gave everyone an overview and then made myself available for questions. That show was MORE THAN DOUBLE my other shows. My sense is, people don't WANT to be "preached" to. They want to have a social event, and eat and drink and chat and they KNOW they are there to buy stuff, so far, all of my parties have been with middle-upper income, well-educated professionals - I don't know if the "audience" matters that much, tho.
Anyone else do these more "laid back" sorts of shows? Do you feel it is more or less successful to do it this way?
Dee

Everyone except for 1 of my shows have been like that! I give them all little gift bags when they arrive & we play 4 or 5 different games for more prizes. By the time were finished & I'm adding the orders...its like were already friends! Out of my 13 parties so far 8 of them have been over 1K...

That's good to know. Will you tell me a bit about the "gift bags"? Are we talking about a postcard recipe and a citrus peeler?
What about the games? Again, I'm not sure that games would go over in the immediate group I'm working with, but I'd love to have some more ideas in my arsenal. I just don't want to go to do a show and feel like I'm doing "crowd control", and the first 3 shows REALLY felt like that. I kind of envision a "come to the party at 7, give me 5 minutes of your attention, and then SHOP - then we can ALL eat and drink and hang out. It IS called a PARTY, afterall!
Thanks for your input!

Actually, Tupperware does parties.

Pampered Chef Consultants do Shows.

That's why they used to have the copyrighted term, "Kitchen Show" which has been replaced by a Cooking Show.

Wow! My bad! Do you have any positive input or suggestions, or are you just here to correct people?
Thanks so much!

the bags for everyone I just started 3 shows ago, but I had alot of women come to the same shows, so even the little gift bags wont do the trick after awhile( citrus peeler, nylon scraper, bamboo tongs, quikut paring knife etc...) you can get them in your supply order ( under non-commission orders) As far as games..I do simple ones, like everyone make a tic tac toe board & then say 9 words, like the 1 I used at Mardi Gras, so tell them to fill all the spaces with the words...Beads, Masks, etc... Then read them back in another order, changing them around. First 1 to get 3 in a row wins a small prize.

Dee Ryan said:
Wow! My bad! Do you have any positive input or suggestions, or are you just here to correct people?
Thanks so much!
Well, actually, Noob, I usually do. But not in this thread anymore.

I also like to joke around alot at my parties! Or if you feel they are gonna be hard to control...give them tickets for asking questions,when they know they might get something they will pay a little more attention. When you are trying to tally their orders at the end of the party, have the host call the raffles & give them small prizes...a seasons best or a small trial size bottle of our hand lotion. I usually go with my gut feelings as to how I'm gonna work the show

thanks!Great ideas!
Thanks!
Didn't mean to be so snippy to Guy..well, actually I totally did...But I just was ticked at coming to this forum to ask for help and then get "schooled" WHATEV!!
And calling me a NOOB? harumph, I say to that!
My sense is that my "success" at this venture will come from being not your "stereotypical" PC consultant. I'm a bit brash, outspoken, cynical, darkly funny, more rated R than PG. I encourage people to drink before, during and after the show (hey - d'ya think that's why I'm having trouble with crowd control???hmmmm) People keep having a very similar response to my announcement that I'm doing this - a mix of shock and falling down laughing. But so far, it's been pretty awesome. It seems like everyday there's a new box of free stuff at my door - THAT I dig!
Thanks for your help and ideas. I think I'll try this tactic for the next couple of shows and see how it flies. I can always give my host the choice of a more traditional Cooking SHOW or a more laid back "party" (or gathering in which people will eat and drink and be encouraged to socialize and purchase lovely products from the fine fine people at Pampered Chef!!)

I always get a feel of the crowd before the show. So, if the hosts says it's a bunch of church going ladies then I am a little more conservative, if it's a bunch of 20 single somethings then I just chill and have a party. Do what you and your hosts feel comfortable with.

Also as a side note, KG was just trying to be funny...he IS a little (that may be and understatement) crazy :rolleyes: , he ment no harm...just a little laugh. Plus he is probably jealous 'cause you don't work as hard but still have great shows! ;)

Thank you!

Showing my ignorance here, but, what's a NOOB?

A newbie......NOOB

Oh! I get it. NOO - B I was thinking anagram. Couldn't figure out what N.O.O.B. could possibly stand for!

LOL...I didnt get it either. I mentioned it to my husband & he told me ;-)

1. What is the most successful approach for direct sales parties?

The most successful approach for direct sales parties may vary depending on the audience and the product being sold. However, many consultants have found that a laid-back and social atmosphere can be more effective in enticing guests to make purchases.

2. How does the success of a direct sales party compare between a "preached" and a more casual approach?

The success of a direct sales party can be impacted by the approach taken by the consultant. While some may prefer a more structured and informative presentation, others have found that a more casual and social atmosphere can lead to higher sales and a more enjoyable experience for guests.

3. Why do some guests prefer a more laid-back approach at direct sales parties?

Some guests may feel more comfortable and at ease in a laid-back and social atmosphere. This can make them more open to purchasing products and can also create a more enjoyable and memorable experience for them.

4. How did changing your approach to a more laid-back one impact your direct sales parties?

Changing to a more laid-back approach can have a positive impact on direct sales parties. It can lead to higher sales, a more relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere for guests, and can also make the consultant's job easier by allowing them to focus on interacting with guests rather than delivering a rehearsed sales pitch.

5. Have you found that the success of direct sales parties is influenced by the income and education level of the audience?

The success of direct sales parties may not necessarily be influenced by the income and education level of the audience. It is more likely that the approach and atmosphere of the party will have a bigger impact on its success. However, it is important to consider the preferences and interests of the audience in order to create a successful and enjoyable experience for all guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brandynichoal
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl