• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Recruiting Success: Tips for When Incentives Aren't Enough

In summary, Cheryl felt that she was not able to recruit when there was no incentive, and that she has two strong leads that are planning to sign soon. She told one of her leads about the incentive and she said she would do her best to help her earn it, but when Cheryl reminded her of the bonus, the lead told her she was already booked and did not sign yet. Cheryl is planning to attend a couple of cluster meetings with some sister directors in the coming month.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
It seems like I can only recruit when there is NO incentive. All of my recruits have been either just before of just after some really cool recruiting incentive and it's starting to bug me. I REALLY wanted that rolling backpack. I have 2 strong leads that are planning to sign soon too. One is taking catalog orders as we speak and told me that she was either going to sign on Friday the 30th or next Friday (2/6) and that she would call me for sure either way. I told her about the incentive and she said she'd do her best to help me earn it - at the time I had even forgotten about the $100 bonus I'd get. When I remembered, I told her I'd split it with her as a thank you. Well, guess what? She didn't sign yet and I haven't heard from her. I know she's out of town, but she has her cell phone and said she'd call me from NY. I'm just bummed. I also hope nothing is wrong, she is from NY and was taking her son back there to the doctor for some pre-op work. I really don't think she was pulling me along either - she's already got 2 bookings for Feb.

Okay - NEXT! I do have another lead who used to be a consultant and is thinking about coming back.

I am thinking....

I will think on it and we will chat or I will post. I am wondering what you do recruiting wise during a typical work day.
oh, (HUGS) I do feel your pain, I just don't want to give a not well formed answer

You're a sweetie Cheryl! I talked with my SED the other day, she thinks I might be too passionate and need to tone down my excitement a bit when I talk to people. Maybe.

I do get them to sign eventually (most of them), just not when I WANT THEM too. Just my luck - she'll probably sign this week :) which is still good and I'll take it when I can. I've also qualified all but one that I've signed, which I think is pretty good. And that one, well she's getting ready to have her contract revoked (is that like marriage anullment? Like it never happened, so her non-qualifing won't go into my stats?? LOL)

Tips and advice are most welcomed. My director isn't a great role model, and I love my SED, but she's not a huge recruiter either. I'm planning to attend a couple of cluster meetings with some sister directors in the coming month as well. Which is another thing - I can't get them to come to meetings, so they qualify and go away....:cry:

FAYC - Forget about yourself completely. It is hard to do! What you need to do (and so do I, so maybe we could do it together) is touch base with all your recruit leads and ask them when they want you to contact them - every month, new incentive, new catalog, new trip, etc. Then, keep in touch with them as they have asked. When you are talking with them, make sure to review how much contact they would like. This is my plan so when there is an incentive, I can call them and say something like "I just thought of you because..." and hopefully get them going. It is about them, the incentives for us are just bonus. I know you probably don't want to hear that and neither do I!

Thanks Kate, that's exactly what I did when I got home from Leadership :)

I totally tried to take ME out and focus on them. I called everyone on my lead list (and some who weren't) and told them I just got home from leadership and wanted to tell them about the fabulous New Consultant Bonus. I would say something like:

ring ring...."Hey Karen, This is Linda with Pampered Chef. How are you?....I was thinking of you and I wanted to call, say hello, and touch base with you. I just returned from PC's leadership conference in Denver. I got to see all the new products for the new season and I'm so excited! And, we have an awesome New Consultant bonus going on right now to kick-off the new year. Would you like to hear about it?" ....we'd talk a little while.... Then I'd say something like "So, what do you think? Are you about ready to join me and become a consultant?"

What could/should I do differently?

Linda, I can only be on for a split second. My opinion is that it all depends on the person you are talking to and where their head is at the time! My record is not stellar at all! If you recruit better with no special...don't tell them about it until they sign!!!
Signed,
Ye of little help!

Linda, I'm exactly the same way!! I signed a gal yesterday! Couldn't get in touch with her on Saturday, but the day after the backpack incentive there she is! Oh well! I know this sounds horrible, but when they announce a recruiting incentive I just assume I won't get it because I think when I speak with people they can hear the slight desparation in my voice..."oh please sign by this date!!" When they do it, they do it! I would rather have team members than the carrots for recruiting (although I would LOVE to have both--I'd take the recruits over the prize though).

I totally forgot about the backpack incentive. I did sign someone in Jan but doubt she'll do the $1250... she's my special needs girl so we will see. I'm TRYING not to focus so much on the incentives this year. I am pretty carrot-driven when something is dangled in front of me, but then got so disappointed if I missed something, so I'm trying not to look and remember whatever I earn, is a bonus.Also, in trying to do new things and work smarter, I FINALLY gave up doing my newsletter myself and hired a service. I sent my first one out today and got a $25 order right out of the gate. Wahoo!!!!

Linda - I think if we keep on with the contact list and contacting them when they want it, some will be ready when there is an incentive. Just keep working on it and make it part of your every month business.

finley1991 said:
Also, in trying to do new things and work smarter, I FINALLY gave up doing my newsletter myself and hired a service. I sent my first one out today and got a $25 order right out of the gate. Wahoo!!!!

I have done this with my customers and it is well worth the small cost. However, I get lax (the busier months other than PC for me) about 6 months out of the year and stop doing my team newsletters. I tried one service but it went from $40 a MONTH to $70 a month and I stopped. Now I am toying with this again but really don't want to spend that kind of money.

We are fortunate to not have to pay for a place to have meetings, but if this woman ever quit or moved, the church halls, etc. go for $50 a night.

God I sound cheap, but I am very generous with my team otherwise.

I am investing more time in my invitations, but it seems to be paying off. I had a $1300 party in January and have one that will hit at least $900. February's calendar looks much better than January's did too.

I WANTED THE ROLLING BACKPACK TOO!!! :cry::cry::cry:

But I know that in the whole scheme of things it really isn't that important. I too seem to get too excited when I really, really, really want something. I have 1 that will be signing Sunday, another came to my meeting last night and I still have another 2 that claim they are ready to sign. So it will just be a fabulous February!!:)

What are some tips for maximizing recruiting success when incentives aren't enough?

1. Focus on building relationships: Instead of solely relying on incentives, take the time to connect with potential recruits and build a genuine relationship. This will make them more likely to join your team and stay for the long haul.

2. Highlight the benefits of joining: While incentives can be attractive, make sure to also emphasize the other benefits of joining Pampered Chef such as the flexible schedule, personal and professional development, and the supportive community.

3. Showcase success stories: Share success stories from current consultants to showcase the potential for growth and success within the company. This can be more impactful than simply listing out incentives.

4. Offer training and support: Many potential recruits may be hesitant to join because they feel they lack the necessary skills. Offer training and support to help them feel confident and prepared for the role.

5. Be genuine and honest: When discussing incentives, be transparent and honest about what is achievable and what may take more effort. This will help build trust and credibility with potential recruits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • PCJenni
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • cincychef