• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Safe to Convert to P3? Pros and Cons

Same here! It's installed - but ignored!I haven't done it yet and will not do it until it is absolutely necessary.

Is it safe to change to P3?

• Yes

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters
AJPratt
Silver Member
To convert to P3? I haven't yet because of all of the problems I have heard about. Do you think its safe to change over now?

Haven't done it yet and will not do it until it is absolutely necessary.

I haven't done it yet either.

I've installed it & opened it once but thats it

I haven't change either

I will change when the time comes

~

DebbieJ said:

Same here! It's installed - but ignored!

I don't know if it's safe

I think you just have to bite the bullet here. I know nothing EXCEPT P3 and although it didn't have all the features you described of the old at first, I haven't had a problem yet. I can fly through entering shows and contacts without a problem.

I have had no problems with updates or submissions except my very first update took a few hours (a lot to put in after the install)...now everything flies.

...just my opinion, but I haven't had issues...

Until I either am reassured that all reports are available and it is a seamless transfer...I will not switch. I am torn...I should become more familiar with it to help new recruits, but as a director...I really want all my reports to come with me. I think this is where most of the "bugs" are so far. Not all of PP reports are available to convert to PP3.

Last edited:
janetupnorth said:
I think you just have to bite the bullet here. I know nothing EXCEPT P3 and although it didn't have all the features you described of the old at first, I haven't had a problem yet. I can fly through entering shows and contacts without a problem.

I have had no problems with updates or submissions except my very first update took a few hours (a lot to put in after the install)...now everything flies.

...just my opinion, but I haven't had issues...

Not to offend, but you are also brand new and don't utilize a lot of the functionality and reports that us older folks do. So although P3 is fine for you, it's not fine for me because the reports I use on a regular basis are not there! Not to mention the memory issue...

I'm not going there yet!

ChefBeckyD said:
Same here! It's installed - but ignored!

I finally uninstalled it b/c it was making my laptop too slow. And I was sick of that darn update popup behind CC.

My computer crashed a couple of weeks ago and since I didn't have a backup (my husband - the computer guru hadn't done one in years), I dove into P3 headfirst. I'm actually really liking it so far. I know that not all of the reports are available yet, but things are going well so far...

I havent switched yet, but i'm just lazy. My director though has switched and says she doesnt notice anything different.

I would like to know what the "kinks" were. Why wouldnt you switch over? Or why SHOULDNT i switch?

I'm still a little leery of it because I hear it does slow things down and takes awhile to boot up. I've been told not to be afraid of it though. I won't be making the switch until June at the earliest because I don't want ANYTHING to mess with my quest for TPC.:D

I changed over to pp3 a while ago haven't ad any problemc yet so far love it

pamperedbecky said:
I'm still a little leery of it because I hear it does slow things down and takes awhile to boot up. I've been told not to be afraid of it though. I won't be making the switch until June at the earliest because I don't want ANYTHING to mess with my quest for TPC.:D

I'm with you there, Becky!! I believe I will make it, but if I do...by the skin of my teeth!!! The LAST thing I need is to deal with a computer glitch!:eek:

DebbieJ said:
My feelings exactly! Haven't even installed it to play around with it!:rolleyes:

I haven't done it yet either. I feel like I ought to so I can help new recruits, but I'm just not that motivated yet.

Nope, Don't plan to like Deb until PC says we have to.;)

I am not yet a Director, so I don't utilize the reports very often at all. So, I switched to P3 in mid-March. So far, I like it very much and it seems that they are continuing to fix the bugs. I don't blame those of you who use the reports all of the time to stick with PP for a while...

I just wish we could "cancel" the update/must restart P3 thing. I hate it when a host calls to close out her show and I try to open P3 and it has to restart 3 times while they are waiting! (I know, keep P3 running, make sure the updates are done, but sometimes I forget!)

DebbieJ said:
Not to offend, but you are also brand new and don't utilize a lot of the functionality and reports that us older folks do. So although P3 is fine for you, it's not fine for me because the reports I use on a regular basis are not there! Not to mention the memory issue...

No offense taken - I thoroughly understand and have been through many system changes at other companies. I understand being leery and not having all you need to start. I also know I don't utilize all you guys use as directors, and longer term consultants. But, I do dig quite a bit or create my own manually...it's on my list to ask if we will ever be allowed to get into our own data on our systems and create our own reports using Crystal or something else...that would be COOL!

I didn't add, but am curious as to the listing of reports in the old (without having to open it up and go through it..) vs. the new. More and more features are appearing in the new with each update.

I just switched thisweek. I have a two week lull between shows and am using that time to get familiar with it so I can switch to it and not have to worry about having something in PP that I put in after I installed P3.

I have a question for you with laptops. We just bought one for me, yesterday. We are doing the file restore discs right now, but when I get to
the point of going online to pamperedchef.com, will I be able to get the PP
old program information just by entering my password? I don't want to contaminate my system with the new program, while I have a show in process that I expect to close by weeks' end, on my PC, which I have not installed the
new program on.

Any advise would be appreciated.

KellyTheChef said:
I am not yet a Director, so I don't utilize the reports very often at all. So, I switched to P3 in mid-March. So far, I like it very much and it seems that they are continuing to fix the bugs. I don't blame those of you who use the reports all of the time to stick with PP for a while...

I just wish we could "cancel" the update/must restart P3 thing. I hate it when a host calls to close out her show and I try to open P3 and it has to restart 3 times while they are waiting! (I know, keep P3 running, make sure the updates are done, but sometimes I forget!)

I am with Kelly I have really liked it I just hate it when it reboots itself when you log on to get the hostesses ordern in

I switched when I got my new laptop. So far so good. I like the more professional look of it.
I also have to agree with Kelly, I hate it when it has to update especially when I am opening it to close a show and (also like Kelly said) the host is on the phone waiting!!:eek: I also forget to keep it open, but was always taught to close my programs when not in use.
But so far so good!

Kelly

Grandmarita said:
I have a question for you with laptops. We just bought one for me, yesterday. We are doing the file restore discs right now, but when I get to
the point of going online to pamperedchef.com, will I be able to get the PP
old program information just by entering my password? I don't want to contaminate my system with the new program, while I have a show in process that I expect to close by weeks' end, on my PC, which I have not installed the
new program on.

Any advise would be appreciated.

I'd call HO and find out how they advise you to handle it. If you don't do the import when you install I don't think you can import the data and having shows open in both is dangerous. You should be able to do a PP backup and then move that file only over to your new system, do the import, and be up and running... but I'd talk to HO as I have NOT done this myself.

Good luck and enjoy your new system.

I'm running both. I try to play with P3 a lot so that when I do make the changeover I'll be familiar with it. So I enter show data twice & then delete it out of P3, I enter non-commision orders, fake shows, all sorts of stuff & then I test the new features each time there is an update.

All it will take for me to make the switch is for the booking report to be added to P3.

Grandmarita said:
I have a question for you with laptops. We just bought one for me, yesterday. We are doing the file restore discs right now, but when I get to the point of going online to pamperedchef.com, will I be able to get the PP old program information just by entering my password? I don't want to contaminate my system with the new program, while I have a show in process that I expect to close by weeks' end, on my PC, which I have not installed the new program on. Any advise would be appreciated.
As far as I know, you should be able to download the old program. If not, I can always send you an old CD.

DebbieJ said:
I finally uninstalled it b/c it was making my laptop too slow. And I was sick of that darn update popup behind CC.
Is that how I can get rid of that?

And, I am glad I am not alone. I, too echo the sentiments that I want to be aware of it for my new consultants, but I also don't want to lose the info I have.

Someone asked about the reports in Pampered Partner (the version I'm still using):

Show Order Form
Consultant Order Form
Sales Receipt
Monthy Sales Diary
Show Order Detail
Thank You Letter
To do list
Contact Follow up report
Past Host Disc # Report
Host List
Pot. Host List
Consultant List
Pot Consultant List
Preferred Cus List
Booking List
Alphabetical Cust/Host List
Contact Reason Code List
Total Items Sold History
Top Items Sold List
Inc & Exp Report
Inc & Exp Category Report
Wishlist
Contact Mailing Labels
Show Sales
Dontations Report
Birthday Report

DebbieJ said:
So although P3 is fine for you, it's not fine for me because the reports I use on a regular basis are not there! Not to mention the memory issue...

What's the memory issue?

I haven't switched yet either. I will probably wait till "I have more time". Does that ever happen?? I am sure I will be one of the last to switch and will do it when PC says you have to, unless I find some time to play with it and get used to it enough that I feel comfortable switching.

I have been using it for awhile now and I don't mind it at all. I am a director as well, and yeah, there are a few reports that I do miss (although none of them that I do miss are cluster related), I really like the new program. Honestly, I am having a hard time remembering what regular PP was like, so when I have a newer consultant call, I have to really stretch the memory to understand what she is talking about.
People are making it more "scary" than it really is...just bite the bullet and do it. "That which doesn't kill you, makes you stonger." That goes for this program, too. :)

dannyzmom said:
What's the memory issue?

P3 needs a lot of memory to run and it slows down my computer. Some people will need to install more memory or upgrade their machines in order to use it.

didnt switch yet either..my downloading has a glitch somewhere and tech support still trying to help me out..but I think I'm in the minority...being a director and in the business for over 8 years I am so used to the regular. I am also in the process of putting in those orders for that fundraiser being submitted May 1st and don't want anything to happen to it..It's currently at $13,000!!!!
Tech support told me today we can use PP through summer still

karlene said:
didnt switch yet either..my downloading has a glitch somewhere and tech support still trying to help me out..but I think I'm in the minority...being a director and in the business for over 8 years I am so used to the regular. I am also in the process of putting in those orders for that fundraiser being submitted May 1st and don't want anything to happen to it..It's currently at $13,000!!!!
Tech support told me today we can use PP through summer still
okay - hijack.....$13,000....WOW!!!!!!! What kind of fundraiser is it? Details details details girlfriend....how did you score this one?

btw, how are you doing Karlene? It's been a while.

Yeah! $13K Holy crap!

AJ - thanks for the list of reports. I was too busy tonight to be online, but will look through that tomorrow to see if/what I'm missing on P3 :)

....and let me join in...$13K....WOW! You'd have to pinch me, I'd be dreaming!

I also have not switched yet - entered some orders on p3 (at my SD's showI attended), and I'm not impressed. I'll wait until I have to. Just my 2 cents.

Well - I installed it only because my new consultants had questions I could not answer because I was still using PP.

I have entered a few dummy shows and then finally bit the bullet and submitted my kit enhancement order. Very simple and it went ok. I am comfortable with PP and I hate change!! There ~ I said it!!! :D

I will not change until all of the bugs have been killed and the program fumigated.

Gina - did you submit your kit enhancement order in P+??? If that is the case once you submit a show you can not submit a show in the old program - I would assume that goes for kit enhancement orders/supply orders, etc.

I haven't installed it yet either. My director hasn't either, so I don't feel bad!

And, wow, no kidding....$13K! That's awesome! Do share how you did it Karlene!

janetupnorth said:
No offense taken - I thoroughly understand and have been through many system changes at other companies. I understand being leery and not having all you need to start. I also know I don't utilize all you guys use as directors, and longer term consultants. But, I do dig quite a bit or create my own manually...it's on my list to ask if we will ever be allowed to get into our own data on our systems and create our own reports using Crystal or something else...that would be COOL!

I didn't add, but am curious as to the listing of reports in the old (without having to open it up and go through it..) vs. the new. More and more features are appearing in the new with each update.

Amen, sister on creating our own reports! I'm a software developer in my past working life & worked in Crystal for my development. It bugs the tar out of me that the reports only use about 1/2 of the page. I remember having my boss chew on me if every report didn't utilize every inch of white space! :) I've sent my requests to tech support.

The only report that I'm really missing right now is the total items sold report. Other than that, I'm very happy with P3 & have been using since February. I think it makes adding contacts so much easier. I find now that I'm more apt to enter my contacts information b/c it's so much easier.

crystalscookingnow said:
Amen, sister on creating our own reports! I'm a software developer in my past working life & worked in Crystal for my development. It bugs the tar out of me that the reports only use about 1/2 of the page. I remember having my boss chew on me if every report didn't utilize every inch of white space! :) I've sent my requests to tech support.

The only report that I'm really missing right now is the total items sold report. Other than that, I'm very happy with P3 & have been using since February. I think it makes adding contacts so much easier. I find now that I'm more apt to enter my contacts information b/c it's so much easier.

Where did you go to school Crystal? ...on a side note, just curious...

i didnt know there was a way to install p3 and play wiht it but still use pp ... i thought it replaced it when it was loaded, do i need to load it a certain way to be able to keep using pp but play with p3?

Put in the CD and click cancel when it wants to install PP - then go to run and it should bring up the pampered partner plus.exe then click run. When it asks if you want to export your data say no and then you can play with it - just enter dummy shows, etc but do not submit anything. WHen you decide you want to fully use it you need to uninstall it and then reinstall it and then export your data from PP. Hope that helps.

I switched over in February & have not had a single problem since. I really like it now & can't even remember what PP was like!

janetupnorth said:
Where did you go to school Crystal? ...on a side note, just curious...
No where. I taught myself Crystal Reports & had some training through Seagate when they owned Crystal Reports. The Reports division changed hands a couple of times, but the last version that I worked on was 9. I'm sure they're probably on 15 or so by now, but I quit in '04. :)

I started entering my first show in it last night. I like that it has a place that shows how much more the host needs to reach the next level!

It will take some getting use to it but I think I will really like it once I get the hang of it.

This may have been asked before but can you install it on say a laptop to just view and familiarize yourself to it, then when the time comes to actually switche over and install it again on my main working computer in my office?

<h2>1. Is it safe to convert to P3?</h2><p>Yes, it is safe to convert to P3 as long as you follow the proper steps and guidelines provided by Pampered Chef. Our team has thoroughly tested and ensured the safety and functionality of P3 for our customers.</p><h2>2. What are the pros of converting to P3?</h2><p>There are several pros to converting to P3, including improved user experience, increased efficiency and accuracy, and access to new features and updates. P3 also integrates seamlessly with other Pampered Chef products and services.</p><h2>3. What are the cons of converting to P3?</h2><p>As with any new software or system, there may be a learning curve for some users. Additionally, there may be some initial adjustments and changes to your current processes. However, our team is here to support and assist you through the transition.</p><h2>4. Have there been any reported problems with converting to P3?</h2><p>Our team has worked diligently to address and resolve any reported problems with converting to P3. We are constantly monitoring and improving the system to ensure a smooth transition for our customers.</p><h2>5. Do you recommend converting to P3 now?</h2><p>Yes, we highly recommend converting to P3 now. The longer you wait, the more you may miss out on the benefits and features of P3. Plus, our team is available to assist and support you every step of the way.</p>

1. Is it safe to convert to P3?

Yes, it is safe to convert to P3 as long as you follow the proper steps and guidelines provided by Pampered Chef. Our team has thoroughly tested and ensured the safety and functionality of P3 for our customers.

2. What are the pros of converting to P3?

There are several pros to converting to P3, including improved user experience, increased efficiency and accuracy, and access to new features and updates. P3 also integrates seamlessly with other Pampered Chef products and services.

3. What are the cons of converting to P3?

As with any new software or system, there may be a learning curve for some users. Additionally, there may be some initial adjustments and changes to your current processes. However, our team is here to support and assist you through the transition.

4. Have there been any reported problems with converting to P3?

Our team has worked diligently to address and resolve any reported problems with converting to P3. We are constantly monitoring and improving the system to ensure a smooth transition for our customers.

5. Do you recommend converting to P3 now?

Yes, we highly recommend converting to P3 now. The longer you wait, the more you may miss out on the benefits and features of P3. Plus, our team is available to assist and support you every step of the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
heat123
  • winklermom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Chef Endora