• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expectations for Communication as a New Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, the new recruit has not contacted her recruiter or director, and has a lot of questions. The expert recommends reaching out to the recruiter and director, and being patient.
ChefJessica
I recently signed up to be a Pampered Chef consultant (a little over a week ago) and I have a question. How often should you hear from your recruiter or director? I spoke with my recruiter the evening I signed up, but she hasn't returned my phone calls or emails at all this week. I haven't even recieved my starter kit, but I have a lot of questions. She said my director would try to get a hold of me, but I haven't heard from her and I don't have a phone number or email to contact her. Am I expecting too much? I just have some questions and I wanted to talk to someone about it and I feel like my recruiter could care less. I know she has a life, but how hard is it to answer a little email within a week. :(

Do you all think I am being a little too demanding? I don't want to be annoying and asking a ton of questions (many of them have been answered here) I am just wondering if I signed under the wrong person. I met a really nice lady who sells Pampered Chef and she emailed me 3 or 4 times in 1 day answering questions. I didnt sign under her because I have known my recruiter for a really long time. I am starting to regret not signing under the nice lady because she was SO helpful and I know I would have gotten a lot of support from her. I could always email her with my questions, but I don't want to bother her.

AHH! What should I do? Am I just being crazy and demanding? I know I am impatient.

I do not think you are demanding at all. I know when I signed on, I spoke to my recruiter (my s-i-law) at least 6 times a day for the first few days, and she was so helpful. As you go a bit further, it will get easier, and you will not have as many questions. I have 1 recruit so far, and I am always glad to help her and answer any questions she has, because I want her to succeed, and THAT IS MY JOB, to help her succeed. I did find this site SO HELPFUL when I first started, and found a lot of my answers here. Good luck, and feel free to come on here for answers. We have all been where you are. And remember, there is no stupid questions.

New recruit?I'm just wondering if she may be new to recruiting as well. She definately should be calling back or sending an email response but maybe give her the benefit of the doubt for just a little longer in case something has come up in her life as well. I know I personally reach out to my recruits and encourage them every couple of days for the first few weeks as I know I had tons of questions as well when I started! I know many times I have called a new recruit to see how things were going and if they had any questions and they may start out the conversation with no not really and we still end up talking for quite a while and I answer several questions before we're done :) .

This board is definately a great resource but it can't substitute for personal attention from your recruiter or director. Try calling and saying something like "I know you must be really busy right now but I would love to set a time when we can talk in the next day or two about the many questions I have to get my business going. I'd also appreciate if you could give me the contact information for our director as I would like to get to know her/him and find out about regular meetings that are available.

Hope this helps but keep reaching out! There are plenty of people on here including me that are happy to answer your questions.

Michele

noI don't think you're expecting too much but do be patient. Just like your life gets busy, your recruiter may be busy as well. Sometimes bad things happen so quickly that you can't follow up with people but do keep calling until you get a reply.

What info do you think you would want from the very start? I wonder if anyone has a letter or packet to give someone when they first start so they aren't in limbo land? BEE

You deserve better...It is so important to keep in contact with new recruits! I am sorry to hear that you feel that you are not getting your questions answered! :eek:

I would call your Director and Recruiter and be honest with them. Let them know how you feel about what has happened in your business so far!

My new team members and I often talk multiple times a day when they first start. I also talk to Super Starters at least once a week through their first months. Never feel like you are bothering your recruiter or Director with your concerns or questions! We get paid extra for our time we spend with our team! :D

I agree with Marlene! Your recruiter and or your director should be in contact with you as much as you want them to be during your first few months especially. Call them and tell them how you feel. In the mean time we're here to help you!! ;)

I too have a phone meeting set up each week for new consultants and I try to touch bases with everyone at least once or twice a month. They all know that they can email ANY time and they can also call with their questions or we can meet if they are local (I work with consultants as far as 1000 miles from here - I meet with THEM at least once a year in person). I tell them that it is so much better to ask the question than to guess or fumble. Why re-invent the wheel? That's what PC pays the director the over-ride for! To help those on her/his team!!

Don't be too hard on your recriter though - or even your director. They may be fairly new themselves or maybe life is happening right now and they have to deal with that. Always give everyone the benefit of the doubt. :D

1. How can I tell if I am expecting too much from my spouse?

It's important to understand that expectations are subjective and can vary greatly from person to person. However, if you find yourself constantly feeling disappointed or frustrated with your spouse's actions or behavior, it may be a sign that your expectations are unrealistic. Communication and compromise are key in managing expectations in a relationship.

2. Is it healthy to have high expectations in a relationship?

Having expectations in a relationship is completely normal and healthy. However, it's important to make sure that your expectations are realistic and not based on unrealistic ideals. It's also important to communicate your expectations with your partner and to be open to compromise.

3. How can I lower my expectations without settling for less?

One way to lower your expectations without settling is to focus on what is truly important to you in a relationship. Prioritize your expectations and consider which ones are non-negotiable and which ones you can be more flexible on. It's also important to communicate with your partner and be open to compromise.

4. What should I do if my partner has unrealistic expectations of me?

If your partner has unrealistic expectations of you, it's important to communicate openly and honestly with them. Share your feelings and concerns and try to find a compromise that works for both of you. It's also important to set boundaries and not feel pressured to constantly meet your partner's expectations.

5. Can having too high expectations lead to relationship problems?

High expectations can certainly lead to relationship problems if they are unrealistic and not communicated effectively. If one partner constantly feels like they are not meeting the other's expectations, it can lead to feelings of resentment and frustration. It's important to have open and honest communication about expectations in a relationship to avoid potential problems.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Lexif424
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • stefani2