• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Am I Doing This Wrong? Pp Questions

L
lyneya
First show tonight. I went to enter in the orders I've got into Pampered Partner and I was off about twenty cents on the tax for each one. For the folks that paid with credit card, no big deal. But the checks mean I have to deliver change to each person. Luckilly they're all work friends. But to avoid this in the future...what did I do wrong? Subtotal x 0.065 = 6.5%. I double checked that the settings have the correct tax amount. So what's going on??

Oh, and I think I hate the big huge carbon order forms. I'm going to use the outside order forms and print out a receipt later to get the guarantee information. It's just too complicated otherwise.

But I still don't know what I'm doing wrong and I don't have a laptop to drag around with me and do the calculations. Ergh.

On the bright side, I sold $315 commissionable sales not counting the two orders I still have to collect. :) Not too shabby. And the mystery host earned all of the products she initially chose for $12. Now if she wants anything else, it's 20% off, right? Does it matter what order I enter her items? It seems to have decided which to put at 50% very randomly.

Congratulations!First, congratulations on a great first show! You can pick which items are half price. PP just does it automatically. Uncheck the box by clicking on the X next to the items you don't want as half price (unless, of course, it's a half price combo, then it has to stay half price).

For the discrepancy in totals, do you have shipping tax? If so, perhaps you don't have it specified for the show. Look under the tax rates on that show. If it's not in there, just click on Change Tax Rates and enter it, and that should fix it for you.

HTH,
Diane

The tax rates listed are 6.5% sales only. That's all I've got in the system. That's the confusing part! Oh well. I'll followup with my director tomorrow. Maybe she can tell me. There has to be a logical reason for the twenty-ish cent discrepency.

For the benefit of future newbies...the discrepency is apparently from my settings on Pampered Partner. I need to check the box to tax shipping too. That would account for the extra twenty-ish cents! :)

1. What could be causing the discrepancy in tax amounts for my orders?

There are a few potential reasons for this. First, double check that the tax settings in your Pampered Partner system are correct. It's possible that the tax rate for your area has changed and your system needs to be updated. Also, make sure you are inputting the correct subtotal for each order. Finally, if you are using outside order forms, make sure you are manually calculating the tax correctly.

2. Is there a more efficient way to handle payments to avoid having to give change?

One option could be to invest in a mobile payment system that can calculate tax and process credit card payments on the spot. This would eliminate the need to give change and ensure accurate tax calculations. Alternatively, you could also consider using a separate calculator to double check your tax calculations before finalizing the orders.

3. What is the best way to handle orders with multiple forms of payment?

If you have orders with both credit card and check payments, it may be easier to input them as separate orders in Pampered Partner. This way, you can accurately track the tax and payment information for each individual order.

4. How can I make the ordering process smoother and less complicated?

Consider using outside order forms and printing out a receipt later, as you mentioned. This can simplify the process and make it easier to track guarantees. Additionally, using a laptop or mobile device to input orders can also streamline the process and make it easier to calculate taxes and payments.

5. How does the mystery host's discount work and in what order should I enter their items?

The mystery host earns the products they initially chose for $12, and any additional items they want are 20% off. When entering their items into Pampered Partner, it does not matter what order you enter them in as long as the subtotal for their discounted items is $12 or less. Any items over $12 will be discounted at 20%.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CathyBob
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sherry Leigh
  • mechelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Kjurich