• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Am I doing this wrong? PP questions

L

lyneya

First show tonight. I went to enter in the orders I've got into Pampered Partner and I was off about twenty cents on the tax for each one. For the folks that paid with credit card, no big deal. But the checks mean I have to deliver change to each person. Luckilly they're all work friends. But to avoid this in the future...what did I do wrong? Subtotal x 0.065 = 6.5%. I double checked that the settings have the correct tax amount. So what's going on??

Oh, and I think I hate the big huge carbon order forms. I'm going to use the outside order forms and print out a receipt later to get the guarantee information. It's just too complicated otherwise.

But I still don't know what I'm doing wrong and I don't have a laptop to drag around with me and do the calculations. Ergh.

On the bright side, I sold $315 commissionable sales not counting the two orders I still have to collect. :) Not too shabby. And the mystery host earned all of the products she initially chose for $12. Now if she wants anything else, it's 20% off, right? Does it matter what order I enter her items? It seems to have decided which to put at 50% very randomly.

dianevill

Gold Member
May 18, 2005
Congratulations!

First, congratulations on a great first show! You can pick which items are half price. PP just does it automatically. Uncheck the box by clicking on the X next to the items you don't want as half price (unless, of course, it's a half price combo, then it has to stay half price).

For the discrepancy in totals, do you have shipping tax? If so, perhaps you don't have it specified for the show. Look under the tax rates on that show. If it's not in there, just click on Change Tax Rates and enter it, and that should fix it for you.

HTH,
Diane

L

lyneya

The tax rates listed are 6.5% sales only. That's all I've got in the system. That's the confusing part! Oh well. I'll followup with my director tomorrow. Maybe she can tell me. There has to be a logical reason for the twenty-ish cent discrepency.

L

lyneya

For the benefit of future newbies...the discrepency is apparently from my settings on Pampered Partner. I need to check the box to tax shipping too. That would account for the extra twenty-ish cents! :)