• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Brownie Pan Giving Me Trouble?

In summary, using a flat thin hard plastic scraper (like a credit card) works best to get brownies out of the pan without them breaking.
esavvymom
Staff member
When it comes to making brownies in the BP, wht is the best way to prep the pan and bbe able to get the brownies OUT without making them a mess? i just finished a batch of brownies. i spritzed the pan with oil. The bottoms seemed too soft, I guess from the oil. And taking them out was tricky and still maintain their shape. The brownies are done/cooked through, but maybe could have gone another minute. I used my black nylon pie server to get them out without scratching my pan. Two brownies split on my, the rest had "dents" because of getting them out of the pan.

i am just wondering what I might be doing wrong. i wanted to make a batch at my show on Saturday, but like to be able to get them out of the pan without trouble.

If they are just regular brownies (not filled with extra goodies), then I put a sheet of parchment paper on top of the pan, then put the cooling rack on top of that and flip it over all together so that the bottoms of the brownies will now be up while they cool. They come out perfectly every time.If the brownies have things in them and you flip it, they might break or crack and ooze out (someone on FB posted that that happened to them). In those situations, I'd let them cool for a few minutes and then use the Small Mix N Scraper to slide under the individual brownies and lift them out.

Been using mine A LOT!! I spritz the wells quite thoroughly with kitchen spritzer, then let them cool on the rack for about 10 minutes before takign them out. Just made a batch this morning to take to my hair dressers. I use the citrus peeler to loosen the edge, then the classic scraper (if necessary) to get brownies out. I have no problem at all-usually the citrus peeler is all I need to give them a little lift,then just grab with my fingers.

I'd say keep trying. How full do you fill your squares? I use the large scoop so the brownies don't rise all the way to the top. Perhaps if they're too full it may create a challenge gettign them out?

I vote for a non-stick mini spatula in the fall!

Last edited:
Maybe spray with Pam w/flour first?
Or line them with non-stick reynold's wrap--easy to lift out.
Or line them with that new reynold's wrap that has parchment on one side.

I don't have a problem with mine. I turn mine upside down almost immediately onto the cooling rack. I think I will try Amanda's approach and use parchment so I don't get the etched lines from the cooling rack. I don't spritz either.You could try a spritz and dusting with cocoa powder if you still have problems.

I spritzed them pan/wells pretty good. I used one large scoop of brownie batter per well. Maybe I didn't let them cool long enough. I'll try that next time, plus the parchment paper flip.

esavvymom said:
I spritzed them pan/wells pretty good. I used one large scoop of brownie batter per well. Maybe I didn't let them cool long enough. I'll try that next time, plus the parchment paper flip.

Maybe there is something wrong with the non-stick on your pan?

I have used both oil from the spritzer and the flour spray - both came out easily.

I have also done a batch super full (overflowing large scoop) and batches with a level large scoop - and both came out easily.

I use a flat very thin "hard" plastic item to get them out (as opposed to our spatulas which are "sticky") if that makes sense. So maybe the citrus peeler - or what about using the stone scrapers?

But, I am thinking it might be your pan. When mine come out, the pan barely needs cleaning.

I have one mini muffin pan which is a dream to use and another that is not.

Edit: Here is what I use now to get a lot of things out of pans. (Sorry, not PC).

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 846
Last edited:
kam said:
what about using the stone scrapers? QUOTE]

STONEWARE SCRAPER! YOU'RE A GENIUS!! They should work perfectly!

As a side note, I too have two mini muffin pans-one that's fabulous and one that must really love what I cook in it and never wants to give them up. Maybe it IS your pan and NOT you!!

I let mine cool for a bit, then give the bottom of the pan a good WHACK to make them all fall out :)

Mine have always come out quickly and easily. I spray the pan with Baker's Joy (oil with flour), wiping off any over-spray. Never a problem.

Kam....i have something similar to that while utensil that IS Pampered Chef that i use....don't have a clue when i got it or what it is called tho...lololol
does anyone know???

I just spray it wit cooking oil too then coola bit I don't just flip the whole thingi take each one out one at a time with a thin spatula carefully with the mini serving spatula .plan on making them for my show on Friday too

I use the tool that comes with the spring form pan...is that what you're thinking of Carla?

YES nicole it is!!!! duh! my mind went completely blank. Thanks!!

Made another batch of brownies this evening for a hockey party tonight. Used the brown scraper- worked perfectly!!! Again, Kam-Genius!

I've had both happen. If just brownies, they'll flip out as long as they aren't too full, but I do let them cool a little first. With the triple layer ones, like you see on pinterest, I discovered something the hard way. There are apparently two sizes of Reece's cups and I'd been getting the larger, so they were filling the well and there was no room for the brownie mix. I'd put it anyway and they'd overflow and be so, so hard to get out without ruining. But then I picked up the snack sized ones (by accident) to try again and I had lots more room. Not overfilling them (3/4 full) and letting them cool first did the trick. I actually went around the edges with the gadget from the springform pan and then flipped the pan and shook it (not graceful...I certainly wouldn't want to do this at a show). I'm learning that for me, brownies are more of a make ahead food so you don't end up with one of the batches that won't come out on the spot with people watching you shake the pan and dig around the edges.

I know this thread is old, but I didn't want to start a new one on the brownie pan. I met a lady at an event and she told me she wants to send her brownie pan back because her brownies come out dry and like bricks. She just got it in May. She says she has baked for over 21 years, uses quality products, did not over-bake them and even baked for less time. Her brownies in a regular pan come out delicious although the brownies from the brownie pan look nice they are not good. She said the consultant is not returning her calls. I told her to call the home office herself to explain what is happening and to get a reference # to send the product back. I told her I had never met anyone that had the problem she was explaining and said it was best to talk to the home office. Any thoughts??

Sounds like you did what I would have done. I've never had a problem with brownies in the BP being dry. But, she's clearly not happy with the product, so returning it is a good idea.

I wonder how many batches she tried? Some people have one bad experience and then write-off that they hate something. ;) I wonder if she lowered the temperature of the oven by the 25 degrees that you're supposed to due to it being a dark pan? If she just doesn't want to try again to see if it will work, then definitely she should call HO. That's the beauty of PC, not all our products are a good fit for everyone.

1. What is the "Am I Brownie Pan Challenged?"

The "Am I Brownie Pan Challenged?" is a popular pan from Pampered Chef that is specifically designed for making perfectly portioned brownies. It has dividers that create 12 equal-sized brownies, ensuring even baking and easy serving.

2. How do I use the "Am I Brownie Pan Challenged?"

Using the "Am I Brownie Pan Challenged" is simple and easy. First, spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper. Next, pour your brownie batter into each individual section and smooth it out evenly. Then, bake according to your recipe's instructions. Once done, use a spatula to remove the brownies from the pan.

3. Can I make other desserts besides brownies in the "Am I Brownie Pan Challenged?"

Yes, you can! While the "Am I Brownie Pan Challenged" is specifically designed for brownies, you can also use it to make other desserts like mini cakes, bars, and even savory dishes like mini quiches.

4. Is the "Am I Brownie Pan Challenged?" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Am I Brownie Pan Challenged?" is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it to ensure its longevity.

5. Can I adjust the size of the brownie sections in the "Am I Brownie Pan Challenged?"

No, the pan is designed to create 12 equal-sized brownies. However, you can use fewer sections if you want larger brownies, or use more sections for smaller bite-sized brownies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
darlinclem
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
2 3