• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Am I Being Unreasonable? (UPampered Chefoming Party)

In summary, Jessica was asked to host a show with 2 guests, but no one came. She then decided to reschedule for a later date, after the host had her baby.
jessica_momof6
Silver Member
I have a party this saturday. a mommy and me show. this has been in the works for some time, and even rescheduled once since the time conflicted with our church events.

I check in with my host again yesterday, and she tells me "there should be 2 people here besides me" then goes on to say *maybe* 3.

I don't want to go do a show for 2 people. I worry that she will not make her $150 mark to make it a "show". I suggested maybe we should schedule for next month since it might be the holidays keeping people from the party, and she refused.

How to handle it?

I had a show where there were 2 guests (the host's mom and sister). Of course, there were supposed to be more...but no one showed. I felt really bad for the host, and was somewhat disappointed...until she told me that she had $500 in OUTSIDE orders!!! I cooked for them, was in and out in an hour and a half, and she bought the cookware set, too!

There may be something good to come out of it, but if she is already telling you she has NO outside orders, why not ask her to change it to a Catalog Show?

I once had a show with 3 guests, and it was a $850 show. 1 guests placed a $750 order. I know that this is not the norm, but it showed me that you cannot judge a show by attendance.

I would ask her about outside orders and if she does not have any. Ask her to change the date or do a catalog show. I agree you can't judge a show by attendance but you want to make it worth while for you to go and spend your time.

Definitely encourage her to get tons of outside orders. Maybe offer an extra incentive or offer a little gift (SBRC) if THOSE people bring in outside orders. You never can judge what may come out of a small show, but my experience has also shown that "Mommy and Me" shows haven't always been the best because it's hard to do a normal "show." BUT, with a smaller number this is much more possible.

Have her ask those coming to bring a guest or two. Tell her they get a free gift (which is what I do.) Has she heard from everyone on her list. Encourage her to make reminder calls. Maybe things will look better by tomorrow night.

well, we talked this morning and we decided to reschedule.
she was down to 1 person coming, and wasn't planning on ordering enough herself to make it to the $150
we are going to do her party after she has her baby....I think that will be best for her

Thanks for the advice!

Jessica,Glad it worked out for you. Where in Idaho do you live?

Kate, I am in Caldwell now...used to be in Boise.
I see you are in Boise too!

In a situation like this I would remind her of why she is having a show, to earn great products and discounts. I would also tell her that it puts alot of pressure on the couple that do come, because they feel an obligation to order more than maybe they want or can afford. I would let her know unless the show is $150 it is not a qualified show and if the guests really want their products then they are bound to special shipping, maybe she'd like to cover the extra expense for her guests in shipping, if it doesn't qualify. Those facts should get her thinking about the end results.
Rita

1. What is a Pampered Chef cooking party?

A Pampered Chef cooking party is an in-home cooking demonstration and sales event where a Pampered Chef consultant showcases the company's kitchen tools and products. Guests can watch demos, try products, and place orders.

2. How do I host a Pampered Chef cooking party?

To host a Pampered Chef cooking party, you can either reach out to a consultant directly or attend another party as a guest and express your interest in hosting your own. The consultant will work with you to choose a date, invite guests, and plan the menu and activities.

3. Is there a cost to host a Pampered Chef cooking party?

No, there is no cost to host a Pampered Chef cooking party. The consultant will provide all the necessary products and materials for the party, and you and your guests are not required to purchase anything. However, the host may receive discounts or free products based on the party sales.

4. Can I earn free products by hosting a Pampered Chef cooking party?

Yes, as a host, you can earn free products and discounts based on the total sales at your party. The consultant will work with you to choose the products you would like to use your earned rewards towards.

5. How long does a Pampered Chef cooking party last?

The average Pampered Chef cooking party lasts around 2-3 hours, depending on the menu and activities planned. However, the consultant will work with the host to determine the best length of time for the party based on the number of guests and their availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Kevin Ranoldo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • SherryLynn