• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Uses for Products: Let's Brainstorm!

In summary, the Mix N Chop is a great multipurpose tool that can be used for many different purposes.
ChefErin
If this has been done already, forgive me and point me in the right direction on where to find it :)....but if not-I was wondering if i could get everyone to give me alternate uses for products other than the use that they're marketed for.....people love having more than one reason to spend money on a certain product.....It's nice being able to point these out at shows. Once we get enough, I'd like to put together an organized list-something to pass around for the customers :)

I can't stand the metal stopper in my kitchen sink I always end up plugging up the sink when all I want to do is keep food from going down. The can strainer fits perfect in my sink and I can wash it in the dishwasher.

I use the apple cutter to cut baby reds. They can cook in the covered baker with butter and garlic. Also use it for cutting onions for fajitas.

The dots trio bowls sit on my counter as part of my warm bar. I have tea bags of various flavors in it.

My spoon rest sits next to the sink, with the white long handled brush sitting in it.

My sister uses the turkey baster to suck out the fat from things in the crockpot when you see the fat puddles on top, and from the skillet, so you don't have to use a spoon or paper towels.Microfiber towels to replace swiffer cloths---they work well and are washable.

The medium cutting board makes a good lapboard for kids on car rides.
Baker's roller makes for a good back rub

Not much to add, but a few

lockhartkitchen said:
I can't stand the metal stopper in my kitchen sink I always end up plugging up the sink when all I want to do is keep food from going down. The can strainer fits perfect in my sink and I can wash it in the dishwasher.

I use the apple cutter to cut baby reds. They can cook in the covered baker with butter and garlic. Also use it for cutting onions for fajitas.

The dots trio bowls sit on my counter as part of my warm bar. I have tea bags of various flavors in it.

My spoon rest sits next to the sink, with the white long handled brush sitting in it.
Ooo, good idea!! :thumbup: :)

I have several Tool-turn-abouts. One for my quilting supplies; one for Watercolor painting; one for Scrapbooking; and two on my kitchen counter. I use the Silicone cupcake pan for Jello, brownies, and tomato aspic. The Trifle bowl for Easter basket of various color layers of jelly beans; for a Terrarium; layered veggie salad; Red, white and blue Trifle and all the other wonderful recipes that have been shared on here. Our 12" Family Skillet for the great Turtle cake, and for omelets; Asian Stir Fry; Pineapple upside down cake you name it. These are all items that get constant use in my home.

I use the Mix N Chop to chop up whole skinned tomatoes for a diced canned tomato effect.

Stackable Cooling Rack

*use the rack to put under your laptop computer when you don't have any other stand so that the computer can breath

*use under the Wii box, PS2, etc. These say in their instructions - make sure there is enough room on the top, bottom and sides for the air flow

My best HOST ever told these to me

:chef:

Here are mine for the Nylon Pan Scrapers and the Salad and Berry Spinner (both borrowed off of this site):

Attachments

• 55 uses for Nylon Pan Scrapers.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 729
  • Salad and Berry Spinner.doc
    27 KB · Views: 515
whiteyteresa said:
Stackable Cooling Rack

*use the rack to put under your laptop computer when you don't have any other stand so that the computer can breath

Thank you sooooo much for this tip!!! I have been having problems with my laptop overheating when I use it on my lap...

candiejayne said:
I use the Mix N Chop to chop up whole skinned tomatoes for a diced canned tomato effect.

I use the mix n chop to make milkshakes- put ingredients in large bowl or cup- mix n chop- and you have hand made milkshake

I also use it for mashed potatoes in our executive cookware- great for non stick pans- just add milk/ butter and mix n chop away!

I've also used it as a meat tenderizer in a pinch.

Use the wire wisk to juice any citrus. You grasp the wires and ream out the citrus.Jeff

The mini whipper is great for mashing bananas.

I have also used the mix 'n chop to break up and make Orange juice (from frozen)

I don't have the Baker's Roller or the Meat Tenderizer, so when I make the Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup (which we LOVE, so we have it often), I use the Ice Cream Scoop. It has a good heft, so it works perfectly. Also works well on crushing candy canes.

A guest a my show Saturday said when she forgets to take ground beef out of the freezer to thaw, she just uses the Mix & Chop to break it apart so it thaws/cooks faster.

***mini muffin pan, flipped upside down, will hold 12 hard taco shells upright to pop in oven and warm...then just fill with meat, cheese etc...it doesn't matter if the cheese gets all over, because the non stick coating cleans up easily...

***use the cooling rack flipped upside down to press down your peanut butter cookie dough for perfect criss crosses every time...you'll just have to convince your friends they really are home made.

***twix it clips...to clip a napkin around a baby's neck at a restaurant if you don't have a bib...always carry twix it's in your purse or diaper bag

***ordering out for pizza? while waiting for delivery or pick up..warm your round stone in oven..when pizza comes, get it out of that nasty cardboard box and keep it warm on your stone...

When making a large batch of omlets, throw the eggs and seasonings into a quick-stir pitcher and use the plunger to mix and dispense into the pan!

salthechef said:
When making a large batch of omlets, throw the eggs and seasonings into a quick-stir pitcher and use the plunger to mix and dispense into the pan!

This is one of the BEST quick tips ever! Why haven't I ever thought of that?

Now I want to make some omelets!

My baby boy uses the Measure, Mix N Pour for eggs. (Don't worry. My baby boy is 22 years old.)

My daughter uses the measure mix n pour for mixing up her chocolate milk - it is real easy for her to pour into her glass after mixing

Salad and Berry Spinner as an ice bucket. The basket inside the big container helps keep the ice from the melting water. One of my hostesses gave me that idea. :chef:

bdubchef said:
Salad and Berry Spinner as an ice bucket. The basket inside the big container helps keep the ice from the melting water. One of my hostesses gave me that idea. :chef:

That is another great idea!

Ok here's mine:

I use the prep bowls to make jello and pudding cups.

I use the Large micro cooker to boil chicken in the microwave. Cover the frozen chicken breast with water. Microwave for 10-15 minutes.

I use the mini whipper for any powdered sauce mix and soup...makes it smooth every time.

If you have the new Jell-O Pudding Singles, the Prep Bowls are perfect. Put in the milk. Add the pudding. Put on the lid. Shake. Brings back memories of Shake-A-Puddin'.

this is a good thread

I use the mix n chop to mash potatoes

I use the mix n chop to mash up peaches for jam. I use the apple wedger for potatoes, pears, cucumbers, onions and to make cheese wedges. The measure mix and pour is a great tool for mixing up eggs to scramble. You can put 5 eggs in it, mix, and use the pour spout to put them in the pan.
The Rotary Grater for nuts, chocolate, and m&m's.
And of course the stainless mixing bowl for putting sonic ice in after the bowl has been in the freezer. Not to mention putting the largest one on your head in case of an alien invasion. :)

The Stackable Cooling Rack in a cooler when you are camping will keep your food out of the water when your ice melts.

The 2 Cup Measure All full of stuffing: put in the turkey cavity and push (amazing number of people do not like to touch a raw turkey):yuck:

beckyjsmith said:
And of course the stainless mixing bowl for putting sonic ice in after the bowl has been in the freezer. Not to mention putting the largest one on your head in case of an alien invasion. :)

I'm not sure about the rest of the junk on this list, but this one is by far the best!! ROTFL

For real though- GREAT list there are some super ideas here.

I love the mix n masher. Someone on here raved about it and I got one. It is great for mashed potatoes if you don't have a mixer or even if you do. It requires no electricity. I used it for mixing up my homemade applesauce in my executive cookware the other day. It did a great job.

pampered Ruth said:
I love the mix n masher. Someone on here raved about it and I got one. It is great for mashed potatoes if you don't have a mixer or even if you do. It requires no electricity. I used it for mixing up my homemade applesauce in my executive cookware the other day. It did a great job.

Just got done doing the same thing! :D

Most of you already know or have suggested at some point...

I use the micro-cooker for FROZEN ground beef, and it's built in grease drainer can't be beat. With the Mix N Chop, amazing.

I use the Mix N Chop for: ground everything, mashed potatoes, guacamole and refried beans, roasted garlic (SOOOO yummy when micro'd per white chicken chili recipe)

Salad Chopper: (You already know this) - Salads, Pico, Fajitas, & Noodles....all powered by my kiddos.

Egg Slicer Plus for Bananas, Kiwi and Black Olives, mozarrella balls

Fluted Pan: "Fancy" Meatloaf, "Fancy" Shepherd's Pie, Stuffed Peppers, and Micro Cakes...I'm wanting to try Jello in this (lol)

Core & More makes Stuffed Jalapenos super fast, Coring Tomatoes for Salad Chopper.

Dots Trio - Perfect for a young girl who is starting her jewelry collection (one for rings, one for earrings, etc)....Office supplies for the "fun" career woman looking to personalize her office.

Sundried Tomato Parmesan Oil Dipping - Yummy on Pork Tenderloin, "Garlic" Bread, Dressing

Parmesan Garlic - Elevates Spaghetti Sauce and Bread and Caesar Salad

Rosemary Mix is great on Eye of Round

Jamaican Jerk Rub on Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Green Apples & Onion Blend

Again, nothing original....but some of my fav's. :)

I use the stackable cooling rack turned upside down and legs open (stop thinking dirty thoughts LOL) and then I place the large bar pan on top of it after I take it out of the oven. It works great for carrying it..fits tight and you can set it right on the table without having to use hot pads.

patty42240 said:
I use the stackable cooling rack turned upside down and legs open (stop thinking dirty thoughts LOL) and then I place the large bar pan on top of it after I take it out of the oven. It works great for carrying it..fits tight and you can set it right on the table without having to use hot pads.

Reminds me of another tip I got....use the cooling rack to sprinkle powder sugar over a batch of brownies....the rack is the exact length of our large bar pan and it makes a checkerboard sugar design.

whiteyteresa said:
Stackable Cooling Rack

*use under the Wii box, PS2, etc. These say in their instructions - make sure there is enough room on the top, bottom and sides for the air flow

My best HOST ever told these to me

Love the laptop idea!

beckyjsmith said:
Not to mention putting the largest one on your head in case of an alien invasion. :)

Favorite! lol

This is a great thread, anyone have any other suggestions?

My brother-in-law says he uses the Parmesan Garlic Oil Dipping Seasoning for everything. But his favorite is to get corn with the husks on, pull down the husks (but don't remove), slather in butter and sprinkle on the seasoning, pull the husks back up and then slow cook on the BBQ.

I use the Egg Slicer Plus for kiwi, mushrooms, strawberries, olives, bananas and eggs. Just make sure the kiwi or strawberries are soft enough or else it might bend the wires (learned that the hard way).

I've used my Trifle Bowl as decor, red berries & pinecones with a birch looking candle or glass bulb ornaments with a white candle for Christmas and pastel colored eggs and a lavender candle for Easter.

I use the medium size stainless collander as a fruit bowl on my counter.

The corn sounds wonderful, might use that for a BBQ show.

lockhartkitchen said:

We're renovating our new place, and I'll have to do this when we get our bar/serving area finished.

whiteyteresa said:
Stackable Cooling Rack

Great idea! Hubby could really use this tip. The laptop has been overheating

My husband and I were trying out the Bacon Cheddar Bites before a show, and I needed to roll out the pie crust to make enough bites. I don't have the Baker's Roller, so instead I used the Measure All. Worked great

I was making the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares and I poked my hand with the knife while trying to seed the tomatoes. I grabbed the Cook's Corer and used the melon ball part to remove the pulp and seeds. Much safer for a klutz like me! I have also sold a bunch of the Mix 'N Chops to ladies who make homemade jam. They said it allows them to get that perfect blend of fruit and juice for the berries they are making into jam because they can control the mashing much more easily. And I too use a tool for warding off martian attacks! The New Stainless Colander! Actually I gave the large one to my nephew to use for that as I do not have a lot of kid toys around. He ran around the house for hours with it on his head! Too funny! I gave him the Mix 'N Chop to use as a special, I can not figure out how to spell this, but a King has a septure. It was funny!

Last night a customer went on and on about using the Rotary Grater with boiled eggs and making "the best egg salad ever" ... daughter was there and concurred. She said that they also use the rotary grater to do just the yolks for deviled eggs....I just boiled up some eggs - so I'm going to try this !

Found a new use for the splatter screen, it doubles as a strainer when put over the pot/skillet

Mix n chop for meatloaf for people who dont like the feel of the meat.

1. What are some creative uses for the Pampered Chef Mix 'N Chop?

Aside from using it to chop and mix ground meat, the Mix 'N Chop can also be used to break up canned tomatoes for homemade pasta sauce, mash avocados for guacamole, and even mix up pancake or waffle batter.

2. Can the Pampered Chef Large Round Stone be used for anything other than baking?

Absolutely! The Large Round Stone can also be used as a pizza stone, a griddle for making pancakes, and even as a serving platter for cheese and crackers.

3. What are some alternative uses for the Pampered Chef Food Chopper?

Besides chopping vegetables and herbs, the Food Chopper is great for making salsa, crushing cookies for pie crusts, and even blending baby food.

4. How can I use the Pampered Chef Garlic Press for more than just garlic?

The Garlic Press can also be used to mince ginger, crush peppercorns, and even make homemade vanilla extract by pressing vanilla beans.

5. Are there any creative uses for the Pampered Chef Mix 'N Scraper?

In addition to scraping bowls and folding ingredients, the Mix 'N Scraper can also be used to spread frosting on cakes, cut through soft foods like brownies, and even mix up cocktails.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • Chefgirl2
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • evvy