• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Chicken Lasagna Demo: Let's Try It!

In summary, the Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the Deep Dish Baker is going well, but there are some issues that need to be resolved. The 9x13 with the medium bar pan as a lid is a good idea, and the square baker for lasagna and fluted stone for cakes, with a plate as a lid is another good idea. The bacon, tomato and linquini was a success in a party in the oven, and the chicken can also be cooked in the Deep Dish Baker. The host on Saturday did not have a microwave large enough for the Deep Dish Baker, so she used a Corningware casserole dish.
chefcharity
Ok, so let's start brainstorming ladies and gents...

Tonight, I'm trying the Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the Deep Dish Baker. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Any other great things we can demo that take short amounts of time, like the DCB but can still WOW them?

I had a show a few weeks ago where my hosts microwave wouldn't fit the baker, I used the Rice Cooker Plus to cook the chicken in and continued w/ my demo. Worked like a charm.

good idea.. and I did like your point of view on the other thread.. about using it as a booking tool. I'm sure I'll come around to that before my next show, but right now I'm a little soured at the fact that I can't sell this to EVERYONE! So, I'm seeing what other options are out there for recipe faves!

I'm very soured on it too, but the facts are the facts, we can't change anything about it, so best to get over the shock and start thinking of how to roll with it and use it to our advantage! :D

how about the 9x13 with the medium bar pan as a lid??

Square baker for lasagna and fluted stone for cakes, with a plate as a lid.

I've sold several roasting pans -- telling the gals to put them up on TOP of the stove -- across two burners. We made the Bacon, Tomato and Linquini at a party in it recently (had a crowd). One of my hosts called to say her husband was using it for pancakes; another told me it is the best way to brown her meat (using the mix and chop too, of course). Another does Chili in it. All on top of the stove. In the stove -- lasagna and everything else. The heck with the few times a year turkey and hams -- think outside the box!

My guests think "holy crap thats a huge price tag to brown meat in". LOL

Think outside the box, Melissa. Seriously - I've sold 8 of them (to my 83 DCBs). So it certainly isn't going to replace the $69/item sales - but it does help...much better then rice cooker, and spices, and some of the posts I've seen on here. We need to be thinking about replacing a $69 sale.

Mex chik lasagna turned out pretty good in the Deep Dish baker. I had to modify ingredients because of what I had on hand, but I crushed tortillas for first layer, put chicken and cream cheese mixture for second layer, then topped w/ more crushed tortillas. I poured a little enchilada sc in bottom and the rest on top. Microwaved for 10 minutes uncovered. OH... added cheese to the top too.

I cooked the chicken in it too... 10 minutes and covered w/ plastic wrap.

I, too, average at least 1 and sometimes 3 DCB sales at my shows. Oh well! Guess, we have to change things up! I demoed the clubhouse chicken squares. I cooked up the chicken in the DCB in microwave, but then used bar stone as a featured product. Used many products. I will continue to use the DCB as a booking tool, as I always do.
Here's what I'll continue to say:
Host a $300 party and get it for $34.00
Host a $400 party and pay only about $7.00 (they'll earn $60 free and then get 20% off the leftover $9.00)
Host any other amount and get the baker at 15% - 30% depending on your party sales.

ChipLines said:
Think outside the box, Melissa. Seriously - I've sold 8 of them (to my 83 DCBs). So it certainly isn't going to replace the $69/item sales - but it does help...much better then rice cooker, and spices, and some of the posts I've seen on here. We need to be thinking about replacing a $69 sale.

Sam Walton taught the world how to sell more for less...maybe its not all about high ticket items? Stop trying to get me to leave my box. My box is warm, cozy & safe. It has no bookings but its very intimate. :)

Ok...True Confessions of The Pampered Chef consultant:

(I am so ashamed, but it worked) My host on Sat. did not have a microwave large enough for the DCB so the only thing she had was a Corningware casserole dish. She thought it would fit (gave her the dimensions but I don't think hubby gave a crap about exact measurements!) It was the Lave cake with Peanut Butter. What else could I do? It worked and I still sold a DCB at full price anyway!

Cool and Serve!

At first I wondered if PC purposely introduced the Cool and Serve to distract from the DCB fiasco. Then I realised...No WAY!! I already decided that I was making BLT Dip at my June shows a few weeks ago so I could show the most awesome Cool and Serve with it's 4-6 hour chilling capabilities. I will put "OOPS! Sold too many! Temporarily for host only." stickers in my catalogs on the DCB pages. My back and show will be getting a break for a few months while PC stocks up. I'll bring my 90 recipe cookbook to every show and finally highlighting a new product for the first time in 3 plus years.

The Stainless skillet, Mandoline, and Pantry Items are my new focus!

Chefgirl2 said:
I'll bring my 90 recipe cookbook to every show and finally highlighting a new product for the first time in 3 plus years.

You have a cookbook for the Cool N Serve? (or is this the DCB cookbook?)

Where can I find the BLT Dip recipe? I checked files and search, but didn't turn anything up.

Chefgirl2 said:
Cool and Serve!

At first I wondered if PC purposely introduced the Cool and Serve to distract from the DCB fiasco. Then I realised...No WAY!! I already decided that I was making BLT Dip at my June shows a few weeks ago so I could show the most awesome Cool and Serve with it's 4-6 hour chilling capabilities. I will put "OOPS! Sold too many! Temporarily for host only." stickers in my catalogs on the DCB pages. My back and show will be getting a break for a few months while PC stocks up. I'll bring my 90 recipe cookbook to every show and finally highlighting a new product for the first time in 3 plus years.

The Stainless skillet, Mandoline, and Pantry Items are my new focus!

I like how you think! Totally going to steal it!

What ingredients do I need to make Mexican Chicken Lasagna?

To make Mexican Chicken Lasagna, you will need 1 pound of ground chicken, 1 onion, 1 red bell pepper, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of corn, 1 jar of salsa, 1 package of taco seasoning, 1 cup of sour cream, 1 cup of shredded cheese, 6 flour tortillas, and optional toppings such as avocado and cilantro.

Can I use a different type of meat instead of ground chicken?

Yes, you can substitute the ground chicken with ground beef, ground turkey, or even shredded chicken. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Do I need to cook the tortillas before assembling the lasagna?

No, you do not need to cook the tortillas beforehand. The liquid from the salsa and sour cream will soften the tortillas as the lasagna cooks in the oven.

Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the Mexican Chicken Lasagna ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking it. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time if the lasagna is cold from the fridge.

How can I make this recipe vegetarian-friendly?

To make a vegetarian version of Mexican Chicken Lasagna, you can replace the ground chicken with a meat substitute such as vegetarian crumbles or tofu. You can also add extra vegetables such as zucchini, mushrooms, or spinach to bulk up the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kmom820
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kmom820
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • Loveh20mi