• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Almost made it

pattikake

Sep 17, 2007
I was packed and ready to go (Wave 2). This would have been my first conference. My husband had to have surgery on Friday and we found out that he has throat cancer. We are devastated to say the least, and he is not feeling so good. I made the decision to stay home and not attend conference.

I was so looking forward to going; learning new tips; and meeting new people. But my family is first and I can go to conference next year. Am a little bummed about non-refundable registration tho :(

Anyway - to all you powerful people out there - please send some good vibes our way.

Patti

BettieC

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2008
I'm so sorry too! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

BIG Hugs!!!!

DebPC

Legacy Member
Staff member
Apr 14, 2004
I would still contact PC and explain the situation. They might make an exception and refund you.

pkd09

Future Director
Silver Member
Feb 20, 2006
Patti: My prayers will be with you and your DH for a speedy recovery. Your family comes first; conference will always be there.

pattikake

Sep 17, 2007
This is one of the reasons why I couldn't wait to go to conference. You folks are amazing, uplifting and such an inspiration. Thank you SO much.

pampchefsarah

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2008
Patti, give me your full name, etc., and I'll see if I can check in for you and get all your freebies.

My Director has pneumonia and other medical issues (no pun intended), and decided two hours ago she just can't get on that plane. She's having our AD check in for her, just to be sure she gets her freebies.

Also, can you contact someone in your cluster to get surprise packages for you? All they need is your name, address, and debit card number, from what I understand.

pampchefrhondab

Feb 18, 2005
I'm so sorry to hear this and I'm praying for your husband. I guess on a positive note at least he didn't find out while you were out of town. I think I would have felt worse if that happend.

Take Care,

aried

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Feb 19, 2006
I am sorry to hear about your husband. Prayers for you. I am not going either, first time in 4 years, recovery from chemo treatments and knew I couldn't handle it.

zmom58

Jul 19, 2006
Patti, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband and family. Ann R.: Hope you are getting better every day, my prayers go up for you too! God be with you both!
Deb

ChefGwendolyn

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2008
I would contact PC home office, a similar situation happened to a clustermate of mine last year and they made an exception!

I LOVE this company, they care so much about our family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

Shawnna

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
Yes...call HO...go all the way up the line to the boss if you have to...this is a serious situation and they may make an exception.

I said a prayer for your husband. I pray that God would send healing and use this for his glory. Tell him not to let the enemy defeat him with negative thoughts. Think positive and thank God for his healing...just as though it were already done. God works in mysterious ways. Please, please, let me know if you want to talk. I will be happy to listen...whether by email or phone. I will keep you in my prayers.

lcucinella

Gold Member
Jul 18, 2007
I am saying a prayer for your family as well. My father in law is going through treatments for stage 4 throat cancer, so let me know if I can answer any questions for you. He is doing really well .

Lisa

flemings99

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2007
I was packed and ready to go (Wave 2). This would have been my first conference. My husband had to have surgery on Friday and we found out that he has throat cancer. We are devastated to say the least, and he is not feeling so good. I made the decision to stay home and not attend conference.

Patti

Patti:

We found out last fall my Dad has a very agressive throat cancer. He's through his treatments and now on "watch" status. Feel free to contact me if you need someone to talk to. It's been a long road for him, but he's doing good all things considered.

pattikake

Sep 17, 2007
I am saying a prayer for your family as well. My father in law is going through treatments for stage 4 throat cancer, so let me know if I can answer any questions for you. He is doing really well .

Lisa

We found out last fall my Dad has a very agressive throat cancer. He's through his treatments and now on "watch" status. Feel free to contact me if you need someone to talk to. It's been a long road for him, but he's doing good all things considered.

Thank you ALL for your thoughts, prayers and wishes. This sight is so amazing - I don't know any of you, but I feel like you are all party of my PChef family.

Lisa & Barb - I will be contacting you I'm sure. We will find out on Thursday what his course of treatment will be.

thanks to everyone again.

pattikake

Sep 17, 2007
Just wanted to pop in to say this is an amazing company! I heard back from the registration office and they are refunding my deposit. Love this job!

aalbert

Novice Member
Feb 22, 2009
I will be praying for you guys! My Grandmother just went through the same thing in December. With the Lord's help, and 7 weeks of radiation, she is all better!

pampchefrhondab

Feb 18, 2005
I'm so glad they refunded your registration - that's great news. I hope you continue to get good news as well. I'm still praying for all of you.

Take Care,