• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Almond Bark and Candy Melts Together in My Holiday Desserts?

In summary, the author is making a double batch of the After Dinner Mint Triangles, but is missing white chocolate chips. The author says that combining the candy melts with the chocolate chips last week worked out just fine, so combining the white chocolate chips with the almond bark should also be fine.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm making a double batch of the After Dinner Mint Triangles. I am just a 2 oz short of the Almond Bark. I do however, have a bag of Wilton's White Candy Melts that a friend gave me and I don't know how old it is.

Do you think it's okay to combine the 2 types? Do you think there's an expiration factor that I should double check on? I didn't see a date on the packaging.

babywings76 said:
I'm making a double batch of the After Dinner Mint Triangles. I am just a 2 oz short of the Almond Bark. I do however, have a bag of Wilton's White Candy Melts that a friend gave me and I don't know how old it is.

Do you think it's okay to combine the 2 types? Do you think there's an expiration factor that I should double check on? I didn't see a date on the packaging.

I combined candy melts w/ the chocolate chips last week when I made them. I was making 1 & 1/2 batches, and only had enough choco.chips for one batch. That worked out just fine, so I am sure for the white choco. part it would work out fine too.

I'm sure it will be fine.

ChefBeckyD said:
I combined candy melts w/ the chocolate chips last week when I made them. I was making 1 & 1/2 batches, and only had enough choco.chips for one batch. That worked out just fine, so I am sure for the white choco. part it would work out fine too.

Which leads me to my next question....what exactly is the difference between almond bark, morsels, and candy melts?

Okay, I think I found the answer to my other question.Almond bark and candy melts don't contain cocoa, like the chocolate morsels do. However, (not that I need white chocolate morsels for this recipe) the bag of Nestle's White chips aren't labeled as white chocolate. They label them as white baking chocolate, so they can be considered the same as using almond bark or the candy melts (wafers).Someone correct me if I'm wrong though. :)

Technically, there is no such thing as white chocolate. In the US, anything labeled Chocolate must contain cocoa solids, and white "chocolate" is made from only cocoa butter, no cocoa solids. As far as I know, the white candy discs, white morsels and almond bark are all the same thing, just with different form factors. They may have slight differences in the sugar/fat ratio to make them different textures. But for most applications, they are interchangeable.

chefann said:
Technically, there is no such thing as white chocolate. In the US, anything labeled Chocolate must contain cocoa solids, and white "chocolate" is made from only cocoa butter, no cocoa solids.

As far as I know, the white candy discs, white morsels and almond bark are all the same thing, just with different form factors. They may have slight differences in the sugar/fat ratio to make them different textures. But for most applications, they are interchangeable.

Dang it...here I'm making the cranberry white chocolate mousse cake tonight (festive holiday desserts), and I have all this almond bark at home, but I forgot to buy white chocolate chips. I ran all the way back out to the store. Had I known this, I would've just used the almond bark. Zut alors!

What is Almond Bark and Candy Melts?

Almond bark and candy melts are both types of confectionery coating made from a combination of vegetable fats, sugar, and flavorings. They are used for dipping and coating various treats, such as fruits, cookies, and pretzels.

What is the difference between Almond Bark and Candy Melts?

The main difference between almond bark and candy melts is the type of fat used. Almond bark is made with vegetable oil, while candy melts use palm kernel oil. This gives them slightly different textures and melting points.

Are Almond Bark and Candy Melts gluten-free?

Yes, both almond bark and candy melts are gluten-free. However, it is always important to check the specific brand's ingredients to ensure there are no potential allergens present.

How should Almond Bark and Candy Melts be melted?

The best way to melt almond bark and candy melts is to use a double boiler or a microwave. For the double boiler method, place the coating in the top pan and heat over simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted. For the microwave method, heat in short intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted.

Can Almond Bark and Candy Melts be colored?

Yes, they can be colored with food coloring or candy coloring. However, it is important to use oil-based colors specifically made for candy making, as water-based colors can cause the coating to seize and become unusable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
Shannen