• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Almond Bark & Candy Melts

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I'm making a double batch of the After Dinner Mint Triangles. I am just a 2 oz short of the Almond Bark. I do however, have a bag of Wilton's White Candy Melts that a friend gave me and I don't know how old it is.

Do you think it's okay to combine the 2 types? Do you think there's an expiration factor that I should double check on? I didn't see a date on the packaging.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
I'm making a double batch of the After Dinner Mint Triangles. I am just a 2 oz short of the Almond Bark. I do however, have a bag of Wilton's White Candy Melts that a friend gave me and I don't know how old it is.

Do you think it's okay to combine the 2 types? Do you think there's an expiration factor that I should double check on? I didn't see a date on the packaging.

I combined candy melts w/ the chocolate chips last week when I made them. I was making 1 & 1/2 batches, and only had enough choco.chips for one batch. That worked out just fine, so I am sure for the white choco. part it would work out fine too.

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
I'm sure it will be fine.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I combined candy melts w/ the chocolate chips last week when I made them. I was making 1 & 1/2 batches, and only had enough choco.chips for one batch. That worked out just fine, so I am sure for the white choco. part it would work out fine too.

Which leads me to my next question....what exactly is the difference between almond bark, morsels, and candy melts?

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
Okay, I think I found the answer to my other question.

Almond bark and candy melts don't contain cocoa, like the chocolate morsels do. However, (not that I need white chocolate morsels for this recipe) the bag of Nestle's White chips aren't labeled as white chocolate. They label them as white baking chocolate, so they can be considered the same as using almond bark or the candy melts (wafers).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though. :)

chefann

Legend Member
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2005
Technically, there is no such thing as white chocolate. In the US, anything labeled Chocolate must contain cocoa solids, and white "chocolate" is made from only cocoa butter, no cocoa solids.

As far as I know, the white candy discs, white morsels and almond bark are all the same thing, just with different form factors. They may have slight differences in the sugar/fat ratio to make them different textures. But for most applications, they are interchangeable.

leftymac

Veteran Member
Jan 23, 2008
Technically, there is no such thing as white chocolate. In the US, anything labeled Chocolate must contain cocoa solids, and white "chocolate" is made from only cocoa butter, no cocoa solids.

As far as I know, the white candy discs, white morsels and almond bark are all the same thing, just with different form factors. They may have slight differences in the sugar/fat ratio to make them different textures. But for most applications, they are interchangeable.

Dang it...here I'm making the cranberry white chocolate mousse cake tonight (festive holiday desserts), and I have all this almond bark at home, but I forgot to buy white chocolate chips. I ran all the way back out to the store. Had I known this, I would've just used the almond bark. Zut alors!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
barbara_anne
Replies
Views
debvoellinger
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views