• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Has the Best Copycat Recipe for Chicken Penne al Fresco?

In summary, HO has been notified that she may be in the wrong for posting a recipe that is supposedly another person's copyrighted work. She has since taken down the negative reviews.
ChefPaulaB
So, I was just on Allrecipes.com looking for something to make for dinner when I came across this recipe that sounds a lot like our Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco... just thought it was interesting and needed to share with someone besides DH who wouldn't get it....

Chicken Penne al Fresco - All Recipes

ChefPaulaB said:
So, I was just on Allrecipes.com looking for something to make for dinner when I came across this recipe that sounds a lot like our Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco... just thought it was interesting and needed to share with someone besides DH who wouldn't get it....

Chicken Penne al Fresco - All Recipes

Yep I agree. The only think I could see different is she took out the wine! :(

Imitation is the highest form of flattery!

I definitely don't agree w/passing something off as yours if it's not, but don't you only have to change 1 ingredient to call the recipe your own?

I left my review :angel:

Wow, 2 other people reviewed after you confirming that it is PC... how funny!

She could have at least changed the name of it!

babywings76 said:
She could have at least changed the name of it!

I know, right? I wouldn't even have noticed it if she had changed the name!

Just a reminder, non-PC people probably won't have a clue what s/s means!!

And It wouldn't hurt to mention that the recipe is copyrighted, and gives the broth-only version as a variation!

I find it "interesting" all of the negative reviews she received for "stealing" a PC recipe have been deleted :eek:

I don't know if it's an actual copyright infringement. I would think it is....but I dunno.

Let's just say HO has been notified; I'll know soon enough if she's in the right or wrong.

You can't copyright a recipe. Anyone can change or take out an ingredient and then call it their own.

Liquid Sky said:
I find it "interesting" all of the negative reviews she received for "stealing" a PC recipe have been deleted :eek:

I don't know if it's an actual copyright infringement. I would think it is....but I dunno.

Let's just say HO has been notified; I'll know soon enough if she's in the right or wrong.

WEll, the old negative ones are gone, but there is a new one that tells it like it is! I didn't know that they could delete reviews, that kind of defeats the purpose of having reviews if they delete negative reviews, doesn't it?

Weird, many reviews on other recipes have negative comments

ChefPaulaB said:
WEll, the old negative ones are gone, but there is a new one that tells it like it is! I didn't know that they could delete reviews, that kind of defeats the purpose of having reviews if they delete negative reviews, doesn't it?

Well, the new one is also gone. That is awful, whenever I try something new, I always credit where I originally got the idea, even if I tweak it to fit my tastes!! I wonder if the computer automatically filters for names of direct sales or other companies and removes the review automatically because it thinks that the reviewer is a spammer who is trying to sell something??

By giving negative reviews, your giving a negative review of a PC recipe and kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?? I'm not trying to start anything but you see recipes that are the same all the time on TV, magazines and the internet. Maybe this person got the recipe from somebody she knows and was so happy she wanted to share but didn't know it was a PC recipe. Do you know were every single recipe all your friends and families pass along come from.

It's probably the site moderator that's deleting the negative reviews. The recipe "author" does not have the power to delete any reviews. I am assuming the author complained about the quick onset of negative reviews and had a moderator look at it. I don't know if this is how it went down, but that's my gut feeling.

The negative reviews all said that the recipe is fantastic, but the credit is due to PC and that verbage should at least be included in the author's post. No one is saying the recipe is bad....just that the author shouldn't take "credit" for something that's obviously not theirs....ESPECIALLY if they know it's a PC recipe. Giving the benefit of the doubt, if she did not know it's a PC recipe, she sure did learn fast that it actually is and STILL did not do anything to edit her post.

Oh well......life goes on :)

The reviews were probably deleted because they weren't reviews of the recipe at all, but comments about the person who posted them or something. THAT is not the point of reviews- they aren't meant to be a discussion or forum, but a review. Instead of bashing her for posting it, why not just say "This recipe is great- but most Pampered Chef recipes are!" It says what you wanted everyone to know, but in a good way.Besides, I also heard that no one can copyright a recipe either. I was surprised by that, but just repeating what I heard (a reputable source, but one I can't recall at the moment.)

There are many sites that provide PC recipes. As I told another poster, when I need a PC recipe that isn't on our site, I google "pampered chef xxxxx recipe" and numerous sites come up. There is a site called razzledazzlerecipes and at the top of the recipe list, it says "Pampered Chef Recipes".
I think though that you guys are talking about how they give the recipe but no credit to PC??

What is the "Allrecipes Copycat" feature on Pampered Chef?

The "Allrecipes Copycat" feature on Pampered Chef is a tool that allows customers to recreate popular recipes from the Allrecipes website using Pampered Chef products.

Do I need to have a Pampered Chef product to use the "Allrecipes Copycat" feature?

While it is not necessary to have a Pampered Chef product to use the "Allrecipes Copycat" feature, having the recommended products may result in a better cooking experience and more accurate results.

Can I modify the ingredients or steps in the "Allrecipes Copycat" recipes?

Yes, you can modify the ingredients or steps in the "Allrecipes Copycat" recipes to suit your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. However, keep in mind that the final result may differ from the original recipe.

Are the recipes in the "Allrecipes Copycat" feature verified by Pampered Chef?

Yes, all recipes in the "Allrecipes Copycat" feature are verified by Pampered Chef to ensure they are accurate and can be recreated using Pampered Chef products.

Can I save my favorite "Allrecipes Copycat" recipes for future use?

Yes, you can save your favorite "Allrecipes Copycat" recipes by creating an account on Pampered Chef's website and adding them to your recipe box.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefann
  • kcmckay