• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Home Cleaning Services Be Claimed as Business Expenses for PC Businesses?

In summary, Tara is returning to work next week and is looking into claiming home cleaning services as a business expense. She is excited about the extra income but is sad that she won't get to spend as much time with her kids. She is hopeful that she can find a way to combine her job and home cleaning, and that her husband will be okay with it.
ChefTara
I know when I worked from home in the past for a consulting company, I was allowed to claim home cleaning services as a business expense. Does anyone know if this is still allowable and if it applies to PC businesses?

And, no, I'm not joking!!! :)
Tara

I would think not, it's only tax deductable if it is solely for the business, such as logo shirts...only for the biz. House cleaning is not really for the business, it's for you.

That's what I thought too when I was doing consulting work from home but our accountant said it was allowable. I guess I will have to check on it with him.

Thanks!!!
Tara

BTW soonerchef - LOVE all of your posts - you give such great advice!!

Unless you have a majority of the shows at your house - probably like more than 75%. I would call a tax prep place and see what they think.

The good news is that the extra Pampered Chef income has allowed me to treat us to this luxury which is great since I am now so busy with PC stuff!! So whether it's deductible or not, I'm still gonna do it!! (have it done that is - not claim it as a deduction) heheheheh :p

Tara

ChefTara said:
That's what I thought too when I was doing consulting work from home but our accountant said it was allowable. I guess I will have to check on it with him.

Thanks!!!
Tara

BTW soonerchef - LOVE all of your posts - you give such great advice!!

Thank you, that is so nice of you to say...

I am the type of person that if I don't think it's worth it then I wouldn't even mess with it...but now, I might actually go ahead and check with a CPA and find out since I will need a cleaning person when I go back to work next week. I don't know how I am going to keep up with cleaning our house (since DH doesn't seem to know how).

You can't go back to work Andrea!! We need you here ALL DAY!! What if I have a question??? LOL! Good luck and hopefully you'll meet more new people to host or join!

I don't know how to feel about going back to work, on one hand I am very excited about making oddles of money and gettig career advancement very quickly but on the other hand I am very sad that I won't get to go to the pool and play to the park with my kiddies. But, with that being said my kids need the structure from daycare that I can't seem to provide, I have found out that I am not a career SAHM. I loved being able to stay home when they were little but now that they are becoming more independent and don't need me as much, I have gotten quite bored. Okay, sorry for the novel...but thanks Gillian for making me feel wanted...I will be checking here before I leave the house, at lunch and I am sure much to my DH's dismay first thing when I get home!

Hubby says that I should definately use this new job as a huge recruiting tool and that I will do...directorship here I come, finally!!

What is considered an allowable expense?

An allowable expense refers to any expense that is necessary and reasonable for the operation of the business. This can include expenses such as office supplies, travel expenses, and advertising costs.

Can personal expenses be considered allowable?

No, personal expenses are not considered allowable expenses as they are not directly related to the operation of the business. Mixing personal and business expenses can lead to tax complications and is generally not recommended.

How do I ensure that my expenses are allowable?

To ensure that your expenses are allowable, it is important to keep detailed records and receipts for all expenses. You should also consult with a tax professional or refer to the IRS guidelines to determine if an expense is allowable or not.

Are there any limitations on allowable expenses?

Yes, there are limitations on allowable expenses. The IRS has specific guidelines and rules for what expenses can be deducted and how much can be deducted. It is important to stay updated on these guidelines to avoid any potential tax issues.

Can I deduct all allowable expenses from my taxes?

No, you can only deduct allowable expenses that are related to your business. If you have a home-based business, you may be able to deduct a portion of your home expenses, such as rent or utilities, if they are used for your business. It is important to keep accurate records and consult with a tax professional to determine the exact amount that can be deducted.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amanda Woods
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Chefstover2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • CAPCnewbie