1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Allergic to Hazelnuts!!

1. Sonia_J

Sonia_J Member

Hello everyone
    i wanted to make the chocolate hazelnut cake in the rice cooker -
    but my host can't eat hazelnuts (or any nuts!)
    has anyone made this without the nuts???

Mar 1, 2006
  2. ChefLoriG

ChefLoriG Advanced Member Gold Member

Well if your host is alergic to nuts, I would suggest that you do not make this cake. Besides the nuts on the outside, you also use a hazelnut spread to make the cake. If you want to demo the rice cooker, just make a rice cooker cake mixing up a chocolate cake, then dumping in half a can of chocolate frosting. Do a search on the rice cooker, should give you loads of recipe ideas.

Mar 1, 2006
  3. Dannyp

Dannyp

Make the cake. omit the hazelnuts. use a chocolate fudge ice cream topping instead of the hazelnut spread. I'm not allergic I just think chocolate is chocolate and nuts are nuts and cannot think of any reason to mix the two :D

Mar 2, 2006
  4. noradawn

noradawn Guest

Has anyone tried making this recipe in the fluted pan instead of the Rice Cooker Plus? I don't have the RCP, but want to offer this as a choice to my hosts. I'll probably order the RCP next month (already placed a supply order this month) but in the meantime...

TIA!
    Nora

Mar 5, 2006
Have something to add?