• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: New Orleans Crab Dip Recipe Request

This is definitely a great recipe to try, especially if you are from the New Orleans area. The spices in this recipe will give it a great taste.
stephanieboyd
Gold Member
Hey guys!! I know someone can help me!! I need the New Orleans Crab Dip from the All The Best cookbook.

Can someone post it for me???

Thanks so much!!!

Here you go...New Orleans Crab Dip

4oz fat-free cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise

1 package (8oz) imitation crab meat, chopped

1/4 cup celery, chopped

1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped

1 garlic clove, pressed

1 1/2 tbsp Cajun Herb Seasoning Mix

In a bowl, microwave cream cheese on high for 30 seconds until softened; whisk in mayonnaise. Chop crab meat. Chop celery & pepper.

Add crab meat, celery, bell pepper, garlic & seasoning mix to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Spoon crab mixture into chilled bowl. Serve with Canapé Bread Slices.

Yield: 12 servings

Colleen:)

Thank you so much!! You are a lifesaver!!!!

Where do you get th cajun herb seaning mix

Unfortunately it is disconnected. You might want to substitute the Southwest Seasoning Mix...I'm not sure how well that would work.

This is going to be an unpopular answer, but you could probably use one of Emeril's seasonings.

Just a thought since we don't have it anymore!!

Cajun SeasoningIn the spice aisle, there are lots of different types of "cajun" seasonings. I love Tony Sacherys (name brand...don't know if I'm spelling it right). It's actually CAJUN, not just a brand trying to get in on the "brand" wagon!

Right now, I am using McCormick's Cajun seasoning, and it's pretty good. I can't get Tony's here :(

HTH...

Last edited:
Since I'm from New Orleans area (Slidell, actually) I thought I'd put my two cents in. I've made it before and it was a hit. I used Tony Chachere's. The first time I made it I inadvertantly used the whole container of Philly (8 oz). It was soooo good, that I've just continued to make it that way. I'm not sure how it tastes with 4oz, though. If you make it with real crabs, it's even better and spicy!!!!

Mary

Ive always looked at that recipe but never have tried it. I will try it for sure now that a "true" Cajun has given these tips:p . Thanks for sharing!

What ingredients are needed for the New Orleans Crab Dip recipe?

The New Orleans Crab Dip recipe requires 1 pound of lump crabmeat, 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of sour cream, 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of chopped green onions, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon of hot sauce, and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning.

Can I use imitation crabmeat instead of lump crabmeat?

Yes, you can use imitation crabmeat for this recipe. However, the taste and texture may be slightly different than if you use lump crabmeat.

How do I make the New Orleans Crab Dip?

To make the New Orleans Crab Dip, first preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, green onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and Cajun seasoning. Gently fold in the crabmeat. Spread the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve with chips or crackers.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the New Orleans Crab Dip ahead of time. Simply prepare the dip and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the dip is cold when going into the oven.

Can I use a different type of cheese instead of Parmesan?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese in this recipe. Some good substitutes for Parmesan cheese include cheddar, Monterey Jack, or feta cheese. However, the flavor and texture of the dip may be slightly different depending on the type of cheese used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mandydollie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mandydollie
  • chefannie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefMoore