• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

All Members Please Read and Comply Asap

In summary, due to the new PC rules, all members who still have links in their signature to their personal websites need to go to the USER CP and change this. Links in the header, text, and signature are all prohibited. Thank you for your cooperation. Happy Holidays!
DebPC
Staff member
Hi Everyone,
With the lastest email from home office- it is very clear personal website linking on any public website is prohibited. Chef Success is a public forum. This is applicable in the header, text, as well as in the signature. All members who still have links in their signature to their personal websites need to go to the USER CP and change this.
Thanks so much in advance for your cooperation.
Happy Holidays!
Debbie Bernhardt

Due to the fact that this will now be a subscribed forum (No longer Public), is this allowed?

Thanks,
Emma

Unfortunately it does not change the PC rules, this is for your protection, we don't want anyone getting in trouble

web linksYes, ....I had a web ad out there I had placed when I first signed and forgot all about it...and got an email from them reminding me of the rules and to remove it.....

So then I had to back peddle and remember EVERYWHERE on the internet I placed stuff.....arg...I felt bad, it's just I'm excited to be a PC consultant I wanted EVERYONE TO KNOW....

Read on the rules again to refresh....we don't want to get into trouble....

Although the other half of me feels like we pay for the subscription, why can we not advertise it so that we DO get business coming in.....but I'm sure that PC does it for a particularly good reason, just that I don't know what that is.:eek:

Not that I even have a web-page... I just wondered.. lol, it's the debate classes all coming back.

Emma

I'm sure part of the linking prohibition is a bandwidth issue. By linking we're using PC's bandwidth. That gets costly.

Just because you are prohibited from linking, doesn't mean you can't list your Consultancy in your signatures. Does it? After all, it isn't a link, it's simply stating facts. Yes? No?

:)

agw said:
I'm sure part of the linking prohibition is a bandwidth issue. By linking we're using PC's bandwidth. That gets costly.

With all due respect, a multi billion dollar company will not have issues with bandwidth costs :)

Admin Greg said:
With all due respect, a multi billion dollar company will not have issues with bandwidth costs :)

Sure. I get that. :) Of course, they didn't get to that status without thinking about hemorrhage points. ;)

So if it isn't bandwidth abuse, then what is it? Why is it such a problem to have such links out there? :confused:

agw said:
Sure. I get that. :) Of course, they didn't get to that status without thinking about hemorrhage points. ;)

So if it isn't bandwidth abuse, then what is it? Why is it such a problem to have such links out there? :confused:

It has to due with the nature of both the "show/party" part of pampered chef and "manipulative/advantage" part of the internet.

Basicly it comes down to the fact that once you allow advertising of the webpage the business switches from a home party business to an online business. Some consultants are web savvy and can manipulate the search engines and whatnot and gain an advantage. It gets quite complicated, but that is the gist and PC is just protecting the model they have built over the last 20 years.

Yeah, Greg, that's about what it boils down to...and as far as the bandwidth, I really don't think it uses up anyones bandwidth to have someone link to your site. Only if you have something like an image or file on your site and someone is hot linking to that item, especially if it's big. That's different than linking to their actual site. I think that's true...any guru's out there that know better? :)

just posting to show I have seen this.

What is "All Members Please Read and Comply Asap"?

"All Members Please Read and Comply Asap" is a company-wide communication that requires all employees to read and follow the instructions provided as soon as possible.

Why is "All Members Please Read and Comply Asap" important?

This communication is important because it contains important updates, changes, or urgent information that affects all employees. It is crucial that everyone is on the same page and complies with the instructions given.

How will I receive "All Members Please Read and Comply Asap"?

Typically, "All Members Please Read and Comply Asap" will be sent via email to all employees. It may also be posted on our company's internal communication platform or bulletin board.

What should I do after reading "All Members Please Read and Comply Asap"?

After reading the communication, it is important to follow the instructions given and comply with any deadlines or actions required. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your supervisor or HR representative.

What happens if I do not comply with "All Members Please Read and Comply Asap"?

It is mandatory for all employees to comply with "All Members Please Read and Comply Asap." Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action, as it is important for the smooth operation and success of our company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • The_Kitchen_Guy