• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why does this recipe call for turning the cake upside down in the baker?

In summary, the conversation was about a recipe that called for turning a dish upside down and leaving the cake inside the baker to cool. The purpose of this was to prevent the cake from drying out and sinking, particularly if it was an Angel Food Cake. Some of the participants had never heard of this technique before and were curious about the logic behind it. The recipe was found in a July 4th recipe flyer and possibly in the Celebrate cookbook on page 116.
Jenn'sKitchen
Gold Member
:confused: I was just wondering about this recipe and why it says the following: "Carefully turn dish upside down onto cooling rack; cool completely. (Do not remove cake from baker.)" I haven't tried it yet but was wondering what the purpose of turning it upside down was if we are to leave it in the baker???????

The only thing I can think of is GRAVITY or MOISTURE. Leaving it in the baker and upside down would keep the cake from both drying out and sinking back in on itself. :)

I'm not looking at the recipe - is it Angel Food Cake? If it is, then that would make sense......if you move it around too much before it is completely cool - it will fall and be flatter than pancake, and also be chewy and tough - not what you want from an Angel Food Cake. Turning it upside down will also help keep it light and "fluffy" while it cools.

I wondered the same thing! I saw the recipe, and was wondering what the logic was there!

I have never heard of that! What recipe was this on??

out of ingredientI was supposed to make this receipe for my sons play group, but I realized at the last minute that I didn't have the angel food cake. So instead of going to the store last minute, I used streawberry cake. Everyone loved it and it!

gilliandanielle said:
I have never heard of that! What recipe was this on??

It was on a flyer I got here called July 4th recipes.

I need this recipeDoes anyone have this recipe? If so, can you please post it? Do you know which cookbook it is in?

Thanks so much!
Linda

pamperedlinda said:
Does anyone have this recipe? If so, can you please post it? Do you know which cookbook it is in?

Thanks so much!
Linda

page 116 Celebrate cook book

1. What is the size of the All-American Celebration Cake?

The All-American Celebration Cake is a 9-inch round cake, perfect for serving 12-16 people.

2. Can I customize the flavors of the All-American Celebration Cake?

Unfortunately, the All-American Celebration Cake comes in a set flavor of vanilla with buttercream frosting. However, you can add your own toppings or decorations to make it more personalized.

3. Is the All-American Celebration Cake suitable for special diets?

Our All-American Celebration Cake is not gluten-free or vegan, but it does not contain any nuts. Please check the ingredient list for any specific dietary restrictions.

4. How should I store the All-American Celebration Cake?

The All-American Celebration Cake should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. It can also be refrigerated for up to 5 days.

5. Can I order the All-American Celebration Cake in advance?

Yes, you can pre-order the All-American Celebration Cake at least 48 hours in advance. This will ensure that we have enough time to prepare and bake your cake to perfection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ajnewchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ajnewchef
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • pamperedlinda