• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Prepare for a Huge Cooking Show with 75+ Guests?

I
Inomiamenda
Ok so I am having a stellar month.. I already have over 5 k in sales, 2 new recruits and 6 cooking shows and 3 catalog shows to go. So hip hip hooray!! Happy 2nd anniversary month to me!
So my upcoming Tuesday host calls. She is a massage therapist who has a huge client base as well as a large church family.
She left a message last night while I was at my show. She is afraid she will have 75 people showing. She says they are coming out of the woodwork, bringing friends and those friends are bringing friends, etc.
This month for me is miniburgers and lava cake. I can make 4 batches of miniburgers ahead of time for around $20.00. She said on the message she wanted to help pay for the food because there will be so much. I might let her chip in $15.00.. maybe.
If she really has that many people I won't though.
How on earth do I even set up for something like that?
Suggestions?
Thanks!

What about pre prep everything and then just have all your products out with little demo stations for people to try out favorite products: food chopper, veggie peelers etc.

I think that is the best idea.
Thank you!

I agree with Jenni. If you have the space and tables, do stations but with bigger ticket items, FC, mandoline and so on.
I have to walk out the door to a show but i'll try and think of more.

Kinda treat it as a fundraiser mind set. Think BIGGER! :) Much success!

Wow Becky, that is fabulous! I agree, treat it as cooking demo for a FR. I would be a semi interactive show where guests come up one at a time as needed to assist in the prep.

The demo stations is a great and definite must.

Congrats and wishing you a great and successful show!

1. How much food should I prepare for a cooking show with 75+ guests?

When preparing for a cooking show with a large number of guests, it is important to have enough food to feed everyone. It is recommended to make at least 2-3 batches of each dish you plan to serve. In this case, if you are making mini burgers, you should plan to make 8-12 batches to ensure that you have enough for all 75+ guests.

2. How can I keep costs down when preparing for a large cooking show?

One way to keep costs down is by making dishes that are budget-friendly and can be prepared in large batches. In this situation, mini burgers are a great option as they are relatively inexpensive to make and can be made in advance. You can also ask the host or guests to bring a dish to contribute to the meal.

3. Should I let the host chip in for the cost of food?

It is ultimately up to you whether or not you want to accept the host's offer to help cover the cost of food. However, keep in mind that if there are truly 75+ guests, the cost of food may be higher than anticipated and it may be helpful to have some additional funding. You can also suggest that the host contribute in other ways, such as helping with setup or cleanup.

4. How do I set up for a cooking show with 75+ guests?

When setting up for a large cooking show, it is important to have enough space for all of the guests to comfortably gather and watch the demonstration. You may need to rearrange furniture or set up additional tables and chairs. It is also helpful to have extra cooking utensils and serving dishes on hand to accommodate the larger crowd.

5. What are some suggestions for managing a large crowd at a cooking show?

To manage a large crowd at a cooking show, it is important to have a plan in place. Consider having a sign-in sheet or name tags for guests to wear so you can keep track of who is in attendance. You can also assign tasks to willing guests, such as helping with serving or cleanup. It may also be helpful to have a microphone or speaker system to ensure that everyone can hear the demonstration and instructions clearly. Finally, be prepared to be flexible and adapt to any unexpected changes or challenges that may arise during the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies