• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I find almond bark at Aldi?

In summary, the speaker went to Aldi to get almond bark, but they were all out and the employee said there was no more at the warehouse. They then went to Jewel to buy it, but had to pay more. The speaker mentions telling others to go to Aldi for cheaper prices and that everyone else must have discovered this secret as well. Another person mentions finding it at their Aldi store but only in white. The conversation then shifts to discussing what almond bark is and where to buy it.
DebbieJ
I went to Aldi today specifically to get almond bark, and they are all out! I asked about it and the guy said there is no more at the warehouse. Wah!!! :cry::cry: I was going to make up a whole bunch of Cranberry Crunch Bark for Christmas. I had to go to Jewel and pay more. I hate when I have to do that.

I thought of you, Becky, when I couldn't find it at Aldi. :balloon:

DebbieJ said:
I went to Aldi today specifically to get almond bark, and they are all out! I asked about it and the guy said there is no more at the warehouse. Wah!!! :cry::cry: I was going to make up a whole bunch of Cranberry Crunch Bark for Christmas. I had to go to Jewel and pay more. I hate when I have to do that.

I thought of you, Becky, when I couldn't find it at Aldi. :balloon:

I feel your pain! I know - it's been out here for a few weeks! And I had been telling all of my hosts for Cookie Parties to go there to get it. Easy to find there, and half the cost. I guess everyone else discovered our little secret! :grumpy:

I stopped by my local Aldi and they had it ... but only the white kind, I think. If I'd needed it I would have snapped it up ... but I'm not doing cranberry bark this year. Besides, I distrust anything that has "almond" in its name not to contain nut product. Don't want to give my nephew an allergy attack for Christmas!

ok what is almond bark? Is it just meltable white chocolate?

I get mine at WalMart - I guess I never noticed Aldi being that much less.

I didn't check the price (and I've never used it) but because of reading this thread, I noticed my Aldi store did have it in stock yesterday.

Debbie - If Farm & Fleet is near you in IL, they carry it pretty cheap!

They carry it at Wal-Mart ... I think it is $2.28 near me.

They had it at my walmart too. I bought 2 white and 2 chocolate so i had it since it lasts for 2yrs! lol :) $2.56 is what I paid. Made the oreo truffles with it. :)

1. What is almond bark and why is it used in Pampered Chef recipes?

Almond bark is a type of confectionery coating made from vegetable fats, sugar, and flavorings. It is commonly used in baking and candy making as a substitute for real chocolate. Pampered Chef recipes often call for almond bark because it is easier to work with and has a longer shelf life than real chocolate.

2. Why is Aldi often recommended as a place to purchase almond bark?

Aldi is known for its affordable prices and wide selection of baking and cooking ingredients. Many people find that Aldi offers a great value for almond bark, making it a popular place to purchase this ingredient for Pampered Chef recipes.

3. What should I do if my local Aldi is out of almond bark?

If your local Aldi is out of almond bark, you can try checking other grocery stores in your area. You can also purchase almond bark online from various retailers. Alternatively, you can use real chocolate as a substitute in your Pampered Chef recipes.

4. Can I use white chocolate chips instead of almond bark in Pampered Chef recipes?

Yes, you can use white chocolate chips as a substitute for almond bark in Pampered Chef recipes. However, keep in mind that the consistency and flavor may be slightly different, so adjust accordingly.

5. How should I store almond bark after opening?

Almond bark should be stored in a cool, dry place. If it has been opened, it should be tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or placed in an airtight container. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for longer shelf life. Be sure to bring it to room temperature before using it in your Pampered Chef recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• muffetts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
rebeccastt
Replies
Views
Momma23boys
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies