• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Alaska Show Final Amounts

In summary, a consultant is having trouble with P3 accurately calculating taxes and shipping for a show in Alaska. It is suggested to check the zip code and whether the city or borough has a tax. P3 only automatically calculates tax within a 100 mile radius of the consultant's zip code. SmartPost is a shipping option that takes longer but may be more cost efficient for Alaska orders. It is chosen by the consultant and can remove the extra $5 charge for direct shipping to Alaska. One consultant had a positive experience with SmartPost delivering faster than expected.
cookinthehouse
Silver Member
ok, my cousing is closing her show out and needs final amounts due.. i cannot get p3 to calculate tax or the shipping correctly... anyone that is from ALASKA or has done a show there can you help ASAP

There is likely no tax unless she lives in Wasilla or the city of North Pole. Shipping is 15% + 2$ Do you have her zip code right, that always flubs me up. but there you go, hope it helps.

You can check CC for the tax rate for that zip code.

I did a catalog show in Alaska and P3 figured the shipping correctly. See above about taxes. My show had no state tax (which is nice as that makes up for the extra shipping costs and my shows items were going to the middle of no where up there)

I live in Alaska and do shows here all the time. You can look up the tax rate online, but you should also ask your cousin if she lives in the city or borough limits (I know that Kenai Borough has a tax, Anchorage and Mat-Su do not, but I don't know about other boroughs). Our zip codes are the same either way so P3 has no way to differentiate them. Your cousin should know if she would need to pay tax or not. If not, you can change the tax rate to zero for her order. if you have other questions, feel free to ask.

thanks.... and then of course i get it to work, and i have not updated p3 and now my sys will not allow me to update p3 ugggh.. always something

P3 will also only automatically get the tax rate within a 100 miles from your zip code. Anything else you have to manually enter.

I know this post is a month old but I was wondering. I have a friend holding a catalog show in Anchorage well Fort Richardson the military post there. I know this is NOT an APO address so nothing to worry about there. But since there is no sales tax but the shipping is 15% + $2 okay I understand that but what is Smart Post and how does that work? Would it be easier for my host that way or the other?

Thanks!

~Heather

SmartPost is a system for mailing things where FedEx delivers the products to a USPS hub, and they complete the delivery from there. HO uses it now for items under 5 pounds, I think. You don't have a choice in whether your items are sent FedEx or SmartPost, HO decides that, and on heavier things it's not more cost efficient.

The down side is it takes much longer. It takes 7-10 days versus the normal 2 or 3

Not always true. I just placed an add on order to my host's recent show to try out SmartPost. The order was shipped on Wednesday and I got it today(friday). My host's order is not scheduled to arrive until Monday. Not sure where the glitch was of if there was, but I was happy! Also- it was delivered by a different Fedex person than usually delivers to my area. I went back in to P3 to confirm that I had checked SmartPost and I had.
Also - for Alaska the SmartPost takes away that extra $5 that they charge on top of the direct shipping costs. and it is an option for us, chosen by the consultant, not chosen by HO.

i closed the show on 10/31.. which was a Wed and they recvd their products that Saturday.... pretty fast service to me!!

Did you use the smartpost shipping option or just the regular 15% + $2? Just wondering if smartpost will work fast for other orders in Ak too. Mara

1. How do I calculate the final amount for my Alaska show?

To calculate the final amount for your Alaska show, you will need to add up all the orders from your guests and any additional orders you received from outside customers. Then, subtract any discounts or promotions that were applied. Finally, add in any shipping and handling fees and sales tax to get the total final amount.

2. Can I still add orders to my Alaska show after it has ended?

Unfortunately, no. Once your Alaska show has ended, the final amount is calculated and no additional orders can be added. It is important to make sure all orders are submitted before the show ends to ensure an accurate final amount.

3. How long do I have to submit the final amount for my Alaska show?

You have 24 hours after your Alaska show has ended to submit the final amount. This allows time for any last-minute orders to be placed and for you to calculate the final amount accurately.

4. Can I make adjustments to the final amount after it has been submitted?

No, once the final amount has been submitted, it cannot be adjusted. It is important to double check all orders and calculations before submitting the final amount to ensure accuracy.

5. What happens if I do not submit the final amount for my Alaska show on time?

If the final amount is not submitted within 24 hours after the show has ended, the orders will be processed and the commission will be based on the total sales amount. It is important to submit the final amount on time to ensure accurate commission calculation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • Kjurich
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
tearbear
Replies