• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Affordable Transportation from Midway Airport to Hilton Hotel - Conference Tips

aren't the N/W lines more convienent for getting to the airport from the city?Try the Blue Line. It goes from O'Hare to downtown. It will be a little bit longer, but it's not too bad.The Blue Line is the L train. It's $2.25 to get on and then it's $2.75 per ride. The Blue Line runs 24/7, so it's always convenient. Plus, it's a lot more comfortable to ride on than the El.
GinaG623
This is my first conference. What is the cheapest way to get from Midway airport to the Hilton Hotel?

anyone have experience with this?

Try to find other consultants to share a cab. We are all easy to pick out... Or take the shuttle if you don't find anyone.

if you take the orange line train that is the cheapest option and easy to do.. at the airport just ask someone which way to the orange line... if you go on the Chicago CTA website it will help you plan your route as to which stop you will get off at... the entire trip should run you less than $4

Thank you!!!

Just make sure you have small bills if you take he train, the machines will not give you change.

The L (train) is by far the cheapest--I think it's $2.25 now. Literally walk to the end of the airport (Midway is not that big) and get on the Orange Line. It's super easy. Go to the Chicago Transit Authority website and put in the address of the hotel you are at and it will direct you with stops, walking, etc. Piece of cake. A cab is fine too but you can't beat the L. It takes about 30 min to get from the airport to downtown on the L.

Plus the L doesn't sit in traffic jams.... I'm taking the L from Midway.

For anyone familiar with the L--does it have a stop at the convention center? If so, does it run frequently on Saturdays? I'm leaving for the airport directly after closing session and would love to take the L if feasible.

Is the train available from ORD as well?

Chicago native here...Hope this information is helpful for some. For the original question--cheapest way to get from MDW to the Hilton would be to take the Orange Line downtown to Roosevelt. The Hilton is then 1/2 mile up Michigan Ave. That's not a lot, really, but if you're not used to city walking or will have a lot of stuff with you, you could take a cab or bus that last half mile. The Orange Line is the El/Subway train that goes between Midway and Downtown. $2.25 will get you a one way fare. As others said, it's very easy to catch the orange line at the airport--just follow the CTA signs. You WILL feel like you're lost before you find it. The path kind of wanders around some empty parts of the airport, but just keep following the signs. As someone said above, Midway isn't that big. For the return trip, no, there's no stop at McCormick. Your best options would be to take a bus to the El stop you need, or a taxi. Bus would be cheapest--you want the #3 bus towards Michigan/Chicago, and get off at the Michigan/Roosevelt stop it's a 1 block walk to the train from there. In this case, the bus would cost $2 on a fare card, with another .25 charged when you get on the train at Roosevelt for the transfer. (Note: If you don't have a fare card, the bus will cost you $2 cash, exact change only, and then the train will cost another $2.25. You can only get the transfer discount using a fare card). But ~$7 plus tip should get you the 1.5 miles from McCormick to the Roosevelt Stop via taxi, which would probably be my choice, especially from out of town. There's a good chance you'll be able to split that cab ride, honestly. You won't be the only one trying to get to the airport, and McCormick has folks out front trying to help people ride share. Once you're at the Roosevelt Stop, take the Orange Line south to Midway. Midway is end of the line. Deprecated Browser Error is the CTA website. Google maps will allow you to map your way around Chicago using public transportation, and even the CTA recommends using google. It's very easy to use. I hope is helpful. Let me know if you guys need more help!

Wow! Very helpful information!!!

The Blue Line goes from ORD to Downtown. Usually, people take it to the Jackson stop to get downtown. It's a little bit of a longer ride. To get to ORD from McCormick, you could walk/cab to the Red Line at Cermack/Chinatown (.6 miles) or take the same #3 bus or taxi ride to the Red Line at Roosevelt, Take the Red Line north to Jackson, transfer to the Blue line, and then take that north to ORD. Like Midway, once you're inside the airport, it's easy to follow signs to CTA. I honestly don't know why the El doesn't run to the convention center.

Also, should probably mention---if you have a lot of stuff, including suitcases the El stations can be hard to get around. There the Orange Line is above ground at Roosevelt, and you'll need to get up an escalator or find the elevator if you have a bunch of bags (The elevator can be gross, but exists). ORD doesn't seem hard to get to the El from the terminals, MDW seems a bit longer to me (but maybe that's because my suitcase handle broke last time, lol!). The Jackson transfer can be a pain to move bags between the red line & blue line, because the transfer tunnel always seems to be crowded when I'm trying to do it. I have plenty of experience with these trips, since I used to live in the South Loop and my day job requires lots of travel. :)

NooraK said:
Just make sure you have small bills if you take he train, the machines will not give you change.

This is good advice if you're using cash--also good to know though, the stations at Midway, O'Hare, and Roosevelt have machines that will let you use a credit card or debit card. This didn't use to be the case, but is awesome for those of us that don't carry much cash. :D

I'm a lazy woos - I'm taking the Airport Express shuttle. :)

wow, great info. I'm going to print all this out!!! :)

Got this info off Airport Express' website:
From O’Hare International Airport to McCormick Place:
Airport Express van ($27 one way) to all major downtown hotels or McCormick Place. Vans run from 6:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. daily. Airport Express boarding areas and service personnel are located in the baggage claim areas of all terminals.

From Midway Airport to McCormick Place: Airport Express van ($22 one way).

From McCormick Place to O’Hare Airport & Midway Airport: GO Airport Express operates share-ride and private van shuttle bus service from McCormick Place South Building and Lakeside Center to O’Hare International and Midway Airports.

chefa said:
Got this info off Airport Express' website:
From O’Hare International Airport to McCormick Place:
Airport Express van ($27 one way) to all major downtown hotels or McCormick Place. Vans run from 6:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. daily. Airport Express boarding areas and service personnel are located in the baggage claim areas of all terminals.

From Midway Airport to McCormick Place: Airport Express van ($22 one way).

From McCormick Place to O’Hare Airport & Midway Airport: GO Airport Express operates share-ride and private van shuttle bus service from McCormick Place South Building and Lakeside Center to O’Hare International and Midway Airports.

Thank you!!

Ok so seems like this is the area to ask questions about travel. It is my first time to conference and I have two girls on my team going who have just signed up in the past four months. We got an amazing deal so we are staying a little ways away from McCormick Place. By the O'Hare airport at 5615 N. CUMBERLAND AVENUE CHICAGO, IL 60631. Can anyone help with the best way to get to and from conference everyday and how long it will take us? (We will be driving as we only live 2.5 hours away but did not know if taking the subway or something would be cheaper as parking is so expensive)
Please help if you know the area!
Thanks

The subway is the least expensive, but will take you 1 hour 20 mintues a day each way...
... I'd have an extra sale or two in the next few days and pay for parking...

Thanks for the info! Very helpful.

Thank you so much for the information minjoe_bri that was our plan but had no idea it would take that long! We will defiantly be paying for parking and even with that we still are saving over $100 a night by staying a little further away.

I know this because I am taking the subway & bus to get to my hotel... the Hyatt.. from O'hare... Travel time between 1:20 & 1:30...
Saving me some money on the shuttle... This is my first convention so i went with what they offer... next year, I will be a little more involved with my plans :)

Two years ago I took the L back to Ohare. I got a conference shuttle to the Sheraton and then walked to the subway station. (don't remember which one!) Unfortunately that Saturday the subway was closed for repairs between a couple of stops so they put us on a bus which I rode for about 5 miles and about 45 minutes scared to death I wasn't going to make it! There was a real nice guy who started talking to me (I was of course wearing my newest Pampered Chef shirt) and tried to recruit me to sell some kind of supplements! LOL. He also calmed me down that I wouldn't miss my plane!

What are the transportation options from Midway Airport to the Hilton Hotel?

There are a few transportation options available from Midway Airport to the Hilton Hotel. These include taking a taxi, using a ride-sharing service such as Uber or Lyft, taking public transportation like the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) Orange Line, or arranging for a shuttle service through the hotel.

How much does transportation from Midway Airport to the Hilton Hotel typically cost?

The cost of transportation from Midway Airport to the Hilton Hotel will vary depending on the method of transportation you choose. Taking a taxi or using a ride-sharing service can cost anywhere from $20-$40, while taking public transportation will cost around $3 per person. Shuttle services through the hotel may also have varying prices.

How long does it take to get from Midway Airport to the Hilton Hotel?

The time it takes to get from Midway Airport to the Hilton Hotel will depend on the method of transportation you choose and the traffic conditions. Taking a taxi or using a ride-sharing service can take around 30 minutes, while public transportation may take up to an hour. Shuttle services through the hotel may also have varying travel times.

Should I pre-book my transportation from Midway Airport to the Hilton Hotel?

It is recommended to pre-book your transportation from Midway Airport to the Hilton Hotel, especially during peak travel times. This will ensure that you have a guaranteed ride and can also help save time and money. Some transportation options, such as shuttle services, may require pre-booking.

Can I use my hotel rewards points for transportation from Midway Airport to the Hilton Hotel?

Unfortunately, hotel rewards points cannot be used for transportation from Midway Airport to the Hilton Hotel. However, some hotel chains may offer discounts or partnerships with certain transportation services, so it is worth checking with your hotel to see if any discounts are available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
PampChefDeb
  • kaseydee
  • General Chat
Replies