• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Airport to Conference Transportation: Options & Tips

In summary, the person is getting from the airport to the conference. There are various options for transportation, including a shuttle bus, a cab, or taking the train. The person is planning on spending around $40 for a shuttle to get to the conference.
Jenni
How are you getting from airport to conference?

There is a shuttle bus that most of our cluster and sister clusters take - I think last year it held 8 people and cost us like 10 with tip - it was right in the airport (we fly into midway)

I usually share a cab.

I guess I am in a strange situation then most... my director lives in IL and I live in VA. The host cluster I attend does not have the same conference dates as me. So I am traveling alone :(

I would grab a cab then to the hotel - you might meet someone in the airport who is attending the conference and same hotel as you - see if they will split it -

Just look for Pampered Chef logo wear (bags, shirts...) and see if you can share a cab. The hotels aren't really far from each other so it's not too hard to divide the fare. Be sure to wear the logo yourself too!

I would also ask about hotel shuttles too - it may give you a better deal especially if you don't see anyone to split the cab.

Some people take the train but I would not do that if I were alone.

I traveled alone last year, and took the train, but did not end up being the only PC person on there. Very inexpensive. Just see if you can check the routes online before you go so you know which station is most convenient to your hotel.

Since this is my first conference - I have no idea. I was sort of hoping to take the train, but I'll probably just go with whatver everyone else on my plane does.

Sometimes you can find discount airport shuttle coupons on the web, especially the tourism site for the city. I found a great one for Leadership '07 in Dallas that was half price.And don't forget that you can post a "travelers wanted" thread here to see if any Cheffers are going to be arriving at the airport around the same time as you.

Plan on it costing you about 30 bucks for a shuttle (more like $40 for a cab) to get downtown from O'Hare, a little less from Midway, but not much. You could split a cab or a limo and reduce that fare - as chefann mentioned, watch the conference threads here to see who is arriving when.There is a train station in both airports that go right downtown. I'm not much more help because I take Amtrak right to Union Station.

1. How do I arrange transportation from the airport to the conference venue?

To arrange transportation from the airport to the conference venue, you can either contact the conference organizers or book a shuttle service from the airport. You can also arrange for a taxi or rideshare service for more flexibility.

2. How much does airport transportation to the conference typically cost?

The cost of airport transportation to the conference can vary depending on the distance, mode of transportation, and location of the conference. It is best to research and compare prices beforehand to find the most affordable option for your budget.

3. Can I use public transportation to get to the conference from the airport?

Yes, many airports have public transportation options such as buses, trains, or subways that can take you to the conference venue. However, it is important to check the schedules and routes beforehand to ensure you arrive on time.

4. Are there any tips for navigating airport transportation to the conference?

Some tips for navigating airport transportation to the conference include booking in advance, allowing extra time for traffic and delays, and having a backup plan in case your initial transportation option falls through. It is also helpful to have the address and directions to the conference venue readily available.

5. What should I do if I have to change my flight and need to adjust my transportation arrangements?

If you need to change your flight and adjust your transportation arrangements, it is best to contact the transportation service or conference organizers as soon as possible. They may be able to accommodate your new schedule or provide alternative options. It is also important to check any cancellation or rescheduling policies beforehand to avoid any extra fees.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • wadesgirl
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefann