• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Airport Adventure: Positive Moment & Awkward TSA Encounter

In summary, a lady at the airport saw us looking at the consultant news and asked about the new products, since she has a September show. I told her to keep her date, as her consultant would surely book that month fast. The TSA looked at my dirty laundry, and I saw a pretty sticker on my luggage tag and a "love note" from them saying they looked at it. My guess is it was b/c the bag was so heavy (it included all my dirty clothes and my stoneware crock and not much else!). They probably couldn't imagine why such a little bag was so heavy, and they said they took stuff out and put it back in. Finally, I asked about the
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
OK, mine first ...

POSITIVE: A lady at the airport saw us looking at the consultant news and asked about the new products b/c she has a September show!

Since she is from the same state where I saw many consultants, i was sure her consultant was in Wave 1 ... so I let her peek at them. She was really excited. I told her to keep her date b/c her consultant would surely book that month fast, and that this is a great month to sign under her!

NEGATIVE: The TSA looked at my dirty laundry. :blushing:

I saw a pretty sticker on my luggage tag and a "love note" from them saying they looked at it. My guess is it was b/c the bag was so heavy (it included all my dirty clothes and my stoneware crock and not much else!) They probably couldn't imagine why such a little bag was so heavy! They said they took stuff out and put it back in ... I'm guessing they just x-rayed it b/c the stuff I put in last was still on top .. including my, ahem, personal items. :blushing:

Di please email the new consultant news and anything else - thanks [email protected] is my email and I'll pass it around, thanks!

do you know what the new recruiting incentives are? please email it all to me... thanks!

I do not have the consultant news on e-mail ... and we were told not to e-mail stuff so as not to spoil things for Waves 2 and 3 ...

All I can tell you is that the recruiting specials are awesome ... and you and your recruits will benefit greatly!

Do you have any pictures? Just a peek....please! Denise :)

No, I do not ... I lie in the dark ages.

Can we return this thread to topic, please?

O.K....sorry........I didn't go to the conference...I just joined in June and was excited. :)

I was so nervous on the San Fran trip last year that someone would search my luggage, but they didn't. I had taken my mom and the first night there, she bought like 7 pairs of shoes and forgot she had to pack them to go home. We thought for sure if they searched our luggage that the shoes would POP out like that toy they used to have in the can. LOL!!
At least they leave a note to let you know they were in there. Not that it makes you feel any better.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I do not have the consultant news on e-mail ... and we were told not to e-mail stuff so as not to spoil things for Waves 2 and 3 ...

All I can tell you is that the recruiting specials are awesome ... and you and your recruits will benefit greatly!

I get that you don't want to share, and that is fine by me!! I can stay excited until it posts on the 21st!!! And from the sounds of it, I will still be excited afterwards!!

Well, last year (when I was on Deal or No Deal as a supporter) (my brother was on it as the Bagpiper from New York in March 07) I had water in my luggage (oh...I didn't mention that the driver of the Deal or No Deal minivan had an accident with me in the car and I was in the hospital just hours before that...LONG STORY) but, they had to check me ALL OVER (and I was sore from the accident) and before they did...I told them the story about the accident and they were very, very, kind to me and didn't check me over as harshly as they normally do and basically let me go due to the circumstances. I didn't even remember putting the water in my bag...yikes.....what a story. :)

Di_Can_Cook said:

I am really proud of you for sticking to your guns on this one.....as much as I would LOVE to know all of the goodies (I chose to stay home this year because of my Dad's illness). I think it is hard for those of us that didn't go to be missing all of the excitement....it stinks, but you are good to keep it to yourself like Doris asks!!!

Oh.....what happened to the thread? :)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha :)

Travel Stories...I ran into a couple of PC people on the shuttle, really nice...exciting to make some new friends :) Usually I end up handing out catalogs, talking PC in the airports, but it didn't happen this time...not sure why. I really didn't think about it until I read this thread. On a bad note...I'm home and my luggage is not. It's somewhere between Philadelphia and Richmond. Hopefully I'll get a phone call tomorrow that it has been found and they are bringing it to me. You don't realize how much is in one bag until you don't have it. I had to go buy a tooth brush, a hair brush, deoderant and have just decided I'm not going out until I get it back b/c I'm not buying make-up. Keep your fingers crossed that it lands on one of the three flights coming in from Philly tonight :)

I will keep my fingers crossed for you....!!!! Denise :)

OH MY! Lost luggage is one of my worst fears! I am so sorry that this happened to you, but better on the way home than there, I guess!

Weren't you a stage-walker too? I'm so sorry that this happened to you!

Hope your luggage is found asap. Hope they bring it to you and you don't have to go to the airport to claim it!

iteachurkid said:
Travel Stories...I ran into a couple of PC people on the shuttle, really nice...exciting to make some new friends :) Usually I end up handing out catalogs, talking PC in the airports, but it didn't happen this time...not sure why. I really didn't think about it until I read this thread. On a bad note...I'm home and my luggage is not. It's somewhere between Philadelphia and Richmond. Hopefully I'll get a phone call tomorrow that it has been found and they are bringing it to me. You don't realize how much is in one bag until you don't have it. I had to go buy a tooth brush, a hair brush, deoderant and have just decided I'm not going out until I get it back b/c I'm not buying make-up. Keep your fingers crossed that it lands on one of the three flights coming in from Philly tonight :)

Fingers crossed that your luggage is found soon!

Just had to share. We were due to arrive at Midway from the Atlanta airport around 9:30pm. Usually we take the L, but didn't want to do that so late, so we made reservations on CC with the shuttle co. We pulled out from the gate, and then proceeded to sit on the plane on the runway for 2 1/2 hours. I started to get worried, so I called the 800 number that was on the page I printed out with my confirmation#. The guy told me their last pick-up was at 11pm, and I explained we weren't going to make that, he seem unsympathtic, finally I asked it they would credit my CC because I had already paid, he said yes. FF to Midway, we finally get out to the curb at midnight, and guess who was their waiting for us!!! The driver said dispatch had told him to wait until at least 12:15am for us, which was lucky for a couple other PC consultants, who hadn't made any arrangements. I also had to leave conference at noon to catch my flight, I had made reservations for that as well, and when I went out to gate 37 at McCormmick, there they were!! No worries!!!

I don't have an interesting Travel Story - but Amy07 has the BEST travel story......she needs to get on here and share her story....there is NO WAY I could do it justice! You all will just pee your pants with laughter and jealousy when you hear it!!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't have an interesting Travel Story - but Amy07 has the BEST travel story......she needs to get on here and share her story....there is NO WAY I could do it justice! You all will just pee your pants with laughter and jealousy when you hear it!!!!

I believe I've seen a few teasers about this. I wanna hear it from the source! And PICTURES, I WANT PICTURES!!!!!
smilie.gif

pamperedlinda said:
I believe I've seen a few teasers about this. I wanna hear it from the source! And PICTURES, I WANT PICTURES!!!!!
smilie.gif

I would tell you - but it's Amy's story to tell.....and she can tell it best!

She was my roomie - and when she told us I was all "NO WAY!!!! NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!!"

Becky - did you really say "freakin"? LOL Wow, it must be exciting. Call her and tell her to get over here and report all about it. I've got tons of things to do today and I cannot hang out waiting on her! LOL

Okay, I'm going off to hem my new pants so I can pack them. But, I'll be back!

pamperedlinda said:
Becky - did you really say "freakin"? LOL Wow, it must be exciting. Call her and tell her to get over here and report all about it. I've got tons of things to do today and I cannot hang out waiting on her! LOL

Okay, I'm going off to hem my new pants so I can pack them. But, I'll be back!

I believe I did! It's that good!

We all need to PM her and get her on here!

Ours was a too funny and then a not so too funny (just wierd). the too funny--we are boarding our plane in Long Beach, CA for the flight out, and the gang way to the plane (not jet way, an outside gangway) goes right by the wing. I swear on the wing, inside the engine, is a couple of Jet Blue guys GLUING part of the engine in with epoxy! On our plane. The other passengers were like mumbling to each other "um...are they GLUING our aiplane back together before we take off?" It took them about 1/2 an hour to get it glued. People were somewhat nervously glancing out the windows on that side of the plane when they sat down. We got there ok but obviously it was a little wierd to watch them gluing your plane. When we walked by I turned to my girlfriend and said "Duct tape anyone?" and everyone on the gangway laughed except one person.

Then, when we were leaving Saturday to come home the doorman grabbed a cab for us. You know how it is--they open the door for you and get in The Cab driver is talking on his cell phone and has his radio blaring--both of which he is not supposed to do. He squeals out of the driveway at the Sheraton, burns rubber all the way, weaves in and out of traffic crazily, goes around three or 4 different blocks--get the picture? Can you say meter padding? Then, get this, he says to us 'I HAVE TO STOP FOR GASOLINE". What?!?!? So he STOPS FOR GASOLINE. I have never had a cabby stop top gas up his car in the middle of a fare. Kept the meeter running of course, but we watched it. Got us to O'Hare 15 minutes late, but only after cutting over 2 lanes at a time weaving in an out of traffic very quickly--must have changed lanes about 8 times that way. We were needless to say "P***s**d. We paid him the fare minus how much the meter ran during the gas station trick and no tip. Sheesh! But conference was awesome, wasn't it?

Nanisu said:
Ours was a too funny and then a not so too funny (just wierd). the too funny--we are boarding our plane in Long Beach, CA for the flight out, and the gang way to the plane (not jet way, an outside gangway) goes right by the wing. I swear on the wing, inside the engine, is a couple of Jet Blue guys GLUING part of the engine in with epoxy! On our plane. The other passengers were like mumbling to each other "um...are they GLUING our aiplane back together before we take off?" It took them about 1/2 an hour to get it glued. People were somewhat nervously glancing out the windows on that side of the plane when they sat down. We got there ok but obviously it was a little wierd to watch them gluing your plane. When we walked by I turned to my girlfriend and said "Duct tape anyone?" and everyone on the gangway laughed except one person.

That one person was prob trying NOT to puke from nerves of the glued plane crashing!!:yuck:

Di_Can_Cook said:
OH MY! Lost luggage is one of my worst fears! I am so sorry that this happened to you, but better on the way home than there, I guess!

Weren't you a stage-walker too? I'm so sorry that this happened to you!

MY LUGGAGE WAS FOUND!!! I had a friend call me around midnight last night. She was supposed to have landed in Richmond and 3:30, but with delay after delay it was midnight. She went by the USAir desk and my luggage was there. So in her oh so tired state, she dropped it by the house. I've never been so happy to see a bag in all of my life :) Yes, I was on stage...it was an absolute blast. I don't know that I've ever been so excited!! Thanks to everyone for keeping your fingers crossed for me! You're the best :)

YEAH! :) Denise

What is "Airport Adventure: Positive Moment & Awkward TSA Encounter"?

"Airport Adventure: Positive Moment & Awkward TSA Encounter" is a game where players navigate through an airport, encountering positive and awkward TSA moments along the way. It is meant to educate and entertain players about airport procedures and etiquette.

How many players can participate in "Airport Adventure: Positive Moment & Awkward TSA Encounter"?

The game can be played with 2-4 players. It is recommended to have at least two players for the best experience.

Is "Airport Adventure: Positive Moment & Awkward TSA Encounter" appropriate for all ages?

Yes, the game is appropriate for all ages. It is designed to be family-friendly and does not contain any explicit content.

What is the average playing time for "Airport Adventure: Positive Moment & Awkward TSA Encounter"?

The average playing time is around 30 minutes. However, it may vary depending on the number of players and their familiarity with the game.

Can I purchase "Airport Adventure: Positive Moment & Awkward TSA Encounter" online?

Yes, "Airport Adventure: Positive Moment & Awkward TSA Encounter" is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website. You can also find it in select retail stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
amy07