• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent What are some tips for finding affordable airfare to Disney for a family of 4?

I found a flight for $879.00 out of Boston with taxes included. The flights are on American. I'm not confident about them because I searched American first and was over $1,000 with only 1 or 2 flights available at coach rates. Beware the layovers and connection times. Some of the flights have a long layover somewhere. I found a flight for $879.00 out of Boston with taxes included.
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
Hi everyone!

I earned Level 2 and am searching airfare and am getting a bit frustrated as I can't seem to find any good deals for our family of 4. 2 adults 2 kids (12 and 15) Flying out of DFW and it seems like I can't get it any less than about $1,000 for all 4 of us. So, $400 out of pocket right off the bat will sting a little, not to mention make hubby a bit unhappy. Any tricks of the trade out there? We are wanting to arrive on Saturday June the 12th really any of time of day is fine by us as we are mainly just not wanting to miss one second Sunday morning. Was preferably wanting to arrive by dinnertime Sat. but whatever is cheapest at this point is fine by me. Wed, June 12th as late in the day as possible to fly home is what we prefer to do as well. Can anyone help me find some good deals? I'm just not sure if I know where to find them and I've already been directly to several airfare ,as well as expedia, travelocity, kodak, priceline. Let me know if you can help me search too! THANKS!

just keep looking at all other airports near you even some smaller ones
out of Bradley in Hartford Ct 0nly 40 mins away is over 1,000
for all 4 of us , but I looked at an airport about 1 hour and 45 mins away and got then for 778.00 all 4 of us so 178 over not bad
My hubby says the same thing it's really not a free trip . NOT Complaining at all you just need to know its going to cost $$$ , And if you went to MIAMI you know what I mean

Reme,ber you only have till Feb 28 to Register

check Southwest!!! you have to go to heir site---they are not in the travel search engines.

I just tried Orbitz and got you $917 incl. taxes. The flights are on Air Tran. I'm not confident about them b/c I searched Air Tran first and was over $1,000 with only 1 or 2 flights available at coach rates.

Beware the layovers and connection times. Some of the flights have a long layover somewhere. The ones on Orbitz are showing 30 minute connection times which leaves little room for error. If it's not a plane change (happens a lot with Southwest, stopping in one city to pick up more passengers before continuing on) then beware. When I used to work in a travel-related job, that was not considered a legal connection. I guess the requirement has been lessened.

Also going to let you know that it is probably higher because you are flying on Saturday. We had the same issue (for a different trip) and when I changed the dates to Friday our airfare went down. We ended up choosing to dirve but that's a whole other story! Hope you find airfares that will fit your needs!

I'd definitely try Southwest! Yes, Saturday flights are always higher. But also remember, for $400 to go to Disney -- that's still a cheap vacation!

Try looking up what you need at itasoftware.com You don't buy tickets through them but they list all flight options and then you can to to that airline's website to buy. I found lots of flights for $220 on Air Tran by plugging in your basic requirements. Years ago, on a Disney discussion board site, the Disney travel expert of that site said that she used this site to find flights.

Yeah, I originally picked Sun thru Wed. and flights were much higher. I'll try for Friday tho not sure how much that would save us as I would then be forking over 2 extra days in the hotel room. I saw the Airtran Flights for $220 but they all left about 5 or 6pm and didn't arrive til about 10:30pm or 11:00pm. Makes for a very long night especially if we have to get up really early the next day. Unfortunately we have only DFW airport and Dallas Love field airports and the next closest airport is like 6 hours away (Houston) so not too many options on flying out of a different location. I already looked at Southwest and they weren't much better. In fact, I think more expensive. Still trying though. I will look into the itasoftware.com and see if that helps any. Please shout out tho if you wanna help with looking with me or run across a good deal. Thanks!

Sharon, I couldnt find any good deals myself so I took the GC instead. The cheapest I could get my family to DW was 1200 after the 600 allowance. I also have a family of 5 so it is a little more

our of pocket cost was 900.00 which isn't bad froming going from one side of the us to the other and we finally got them through alaskian air through cheaptickets and so my husband thought that wasn't too bad. they were the cheapest for me.

hubby is now considering driving. I didn't think he wanted to as at that time he would barely be at his job for a year. so wasn't sure if time off was even allowed yet. Not too keen on it as I HATE driving long trips. However, we figured round trip it would cost us about $250 in gas and the extra money could be used towards a inexpensive hotel 1/2 way there, the extra night @ Disney hotel and food on the way. So, still thinking here. However, keep letting me know of any good deals as you find them. THANK YOU!

Keep in mind that most airlines OTHER THAN Southwest charge for the 1st checked bag...

Got mine from KC through SW last week for $69 each way to FL. We have 4 too.

Nice thing is they also give you a credit back if the fair go down after you purchase the tickets. We are flying in on Sat. Returning on Wed.

1. How much does airfare to Disney typically cost?

The cost of airfare to Disney can vary greatly depending on factors such as your departure location, travel dates, and the airline you choose. It is best to research and compare prices from different airlines and booking sites to find the best deal for your specific trip.

2. Are there any discounts or promotions for airfare to Disney?

Disney does occasionally offer discounts or promotions for airfare, especially if you book through their official website or a Disney vacation package. It is also worth checking with your airline or travel agent to see if they have any current deals or discounts for Disney travel.

3. Can I use airline miles or points to book airfare to Disney?

Yes, many airlines have partnerships with Disney and allow you to use your airline miles or points to book airfare to Disney. However, availability may be limited, so it is recommended to book as early as possible.

4. How far in advance should I book my airfare to Disney?

It is recommended to book your airfare to Disney as early as possible, especially if you are traveling during peak season or during holidays. This will ensure that you have more flight options to choose from and may also save you money.

5. Can I make changes to my airfare for Disney after booking?

This depends on the airline and the type of ticket you purchase. Generally, non-refundable tickets cannot be changed or cancelled. However, some airlines may allow you to make changes for a fee. It is best to check with your airline's policy before booking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies