• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Airfare for Conference - Too Early?!?

In summary, a group of individuals are discussing a potential trip to Chicago for a conference. One person has found a round-trip airfare for only $240, which is significantly lower than previous years. They are debating whether to book the flight now or wait until more details about the conference itinerary are released. Some are suggesting booking now to secure the low fare, while others are concerned about potential schedule conflicts. Another person suggests booking through Southwest, which offers price adjustments and no change fees. The conversation then shifts to the conference schedule, which has been shortened to three days this year. A previous attendee mentions that the first day was often considered a "waste," but this year it seems like there will be more events on that day. They
hmolah
Hi all-

Thanks in advance for any advice about this!

I know it's REALLY early, but a local director in my area found airfare to/from Chicago for a R/T price of only $240!!! I'm in Savannah, but in years past we've had to travel either to Atlanta or Jacksonville, Fl. to get a decent airfare. Last year we couldn't travel out of SAV for less than $450, which is CRAZY! So, the fact we have a fare for less than half of that makes me want to jump on it. And knowing the aviation industry (my degree field) the way I do, I'm positive the prices will only go up, and very unlikely to decrease. But, not knowing the conference itinerary, I'm a little hesitant to go ahead and purchase it. I don't want to gamble and lose a really good fare, and I know that a couple here are going ahead and purchasing at this incredible price.

Thoughts???? Suggestions??? Recommendations??? Thanks in advance! Prior to moving here, I was always in a major city that allowed me less than $150 travel to Chicago, but now, it's not the case! My gut says to jump in it, but not knowing the itinerary worries me a bit!

Thanks!
Heather

If it's a price that speaks to you then grab it! If it's thru Southwest and you find the price go even lower, you will receive a credit for the price difference. Also, if you need to change your flights they don't charge you change fees. Not sure about other airlines....I only fly SW.

If you know you're going, it's never too early!

I was wondering the same thing. Flights are over $600 right now from here, but I found one for $410 out of Spokane (4 hours away). I got nervous wondering about conference schedule and didn't book yet. It seems like last year the 1st day was a waste -- pick up packet and that was about it. Things are looking good for advancing to director for me by July. Didn't directors have things to go to that 1st day?

Sandi

It seems that due to the fact that they cut it back to three days this year they won't have the first "wasted" day.

This was the schedule that was in a newswire in October....

National Conference 2011

Mark your calendar for July 7-9 in Chicago! To help you plan ahead, here is some more information about the schedule.

An Upper Level Director Reception will be held on Wednesday, July 6 from 5–6:30 p.m. (CT)*(Upper Level Director registration begins at 3 p.m.)

Conference begins on Thursday, July 7, with registration in the morning.
**************-*Director Training Event begins at 9*a.m., followed*
****************by lunch.

************* -*For Consultants, Senior Consultants and Team
*************** Leaders, there is a General Lunch at 11 a.m. The*
****************first workshop begins at 12:30 p.m. The lunch is
*************** provided, but it''s optional, which means that
*************** Consultants could travel to Chicago on Thursday and*
****************save one night''s hotel expense.*

Conference will end on Saturday, July 9, by 1 p.m.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the input about airlines. For me, I'm aiming really hard to have that directorship, and I'm already really close (especially with the new career plan in March). So, I'd want to be there on the 6th anyway. The $240 prices is fantastic - completely unheard of. I'd have to drive 2 hours to get to a city that has Southwest, even though they are our preferred airline. But, after scoping out Kayak.com, and individual airlines sites, the Delta for $240 is the winner for certain. Already a couple of people have booked that one because it is such a good deal. Two years ago people drove 4 hours and not including parking and gas paid $350 a ticket round trip. In this area, waiting is NOT the way to go! I think we'll go ahead and book it! If we did have to make some changes, then the worst case scenario is that we pay the $75-100 change fee! :)

hmolah said:
This was the schedule that was in a newswire in October....

National Conference 2011

Mark your calendar for July 7-9 in Chicago! To help you plan ahead, here is some more information about the schedule.

An Upper Level Director Reception will be held on Wednesday, July 6 from 5–6:30 p.m. (CT)*(Upper Level Director registration begins at 3 p.m.)

Conference begins on Thursday, July 7, with registration in the morning.
**************-*Director Training Event begins at 9*a.m., followed*
****************by lunch.

************* -*For Consultants, Senior Consultants and Team
*************** Leaders, there is a General Lunch at 11 a.m. The*
****************first workshop begins at 12:30 p.m. The lunch is
*************** provided, but it''s optional, which means that
*************** Consultants could travel to Chicago on Thursday and*
****************save one night''s hotel expense.*

Conference will end on Saturday, July 9, by 1 p.m.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the input about airlines. For me, I'm aiming really hard to have that directorship, and I'm already really close (especially with the new career plan in March). So, I'd want to be there on the 6th anyway. The $240 prices is fantastic - completely unheard of. I'd have to drive 2 hours to get to a city that has Southwest, even though they are our preferred airline. But, after scoping out Kayak.com, and individual airlines sites, the Delta for $240 is the winner for certain. Already a couple of people have booked that one because it is such a good deal. Two years ago people drove 4 hours and not including parking and gas paid $350 a ticket round trip. In this area, waiting is NOT the way to go! I think we'll go ahead and book it! If we did have to make some changes, then the worst case scenario is that we pay the $75-100 change fee! :)

Now go get one of those Delta Skymiles Gold AMEX cards, so you won't have to pay luggage fees!

I usually get my ticket as soon as they send that itinerary in October - it's a difference of spending $200 on a ticket or $1000! Unfortunately I had to wait until this week to get my plane ticket this year, but was able to get it through miles and only spend $7. However, if I had done it earlier, I could have upgraded to first class, but all the first class seats were taken :(

Airfare is definitely on the rise - just since last Friday. I checked SW from Austin, TX last Friday and it was $165 each way; today it's $195-228! So if you find a great fare, I'd say go with it!

I already got my tickets over 2 weeks ago! round trip on SW 263.00, by the next day it had already gone up. I'm glad the Tornoto trip is on PC :D

With gas prices rising and we aren't even into the summer season yet, definitely snag air fare deals if you know it's better than normal. The prices are likely to keep RISING...not getting any lower.

I already got mine 2 weeks ago....

Yep got mine early February!

Well, I did jump on it in January, and I'm really glad I did!!! Because about 3 weeks AND now, the fares are over $500!!! :eek: I was able to get my seat and my Hubby's seat for less than that!! So glad and thankful that I jumped on them when I did!!! Whew! :D

We are looking into air fare as well. Last year we took the megabus...I drove about 5 hours to get to Memphis to catch the bus late in the evening, arrived early morning in Chicago...left late evening arrived back in Memphis mid morning and had to drive that 5 hours back. Not a good trip. Yes, it was cheap, but definately not what I want to do this year.

I check a couple of weeks ago and a flight out of Little Rock was 350.00. I guess I better get with the program and find those flights asap. Thanks for posting the schedule...I was wondering about that.

Get your tickets now. SW had mine for $89 each way a few wks back and I was hopeful for the previous $49/59 so waited. It's only gone up since. I booked mine yesterday for $250. Also Love that SW will credit you back if the price goes down.

Mega bus sounds like a great deal and will share it with my team. From KC to Chicago is only $15 each way!!! But, the trip takes 11 hours!!

See you all in July!

Just booked my flights for $299 on American which is way down from the $435 it was a week or so ago.

Go for it! We did the same thing! Our whole team has booked- almost 8 of us!!!! Cannot wait to be there!!!!! Good luck :)

1. When should I start looking for flights for the conference?

It is recommended to start looking for flights at least 2-3 months in advance to get the best deals and availability.

2. Will booking my flight too early affect the price?

In most cases, booking your flight too early will not affect the price. However, it is important to keep an eye on the prices and be ready to book if you see a good deal.

3. What if I need to change or cancel my flight after booking it early?

If you need to make changes or cancel your flight after booking it early, you may be subject to fees or penalties depending on the airline's policies. It is best to check the terms and conditions before booking.

4. Can I wait until the last minute to book my flight for the conference?

While it is possible to book a flight last minute, it is not recommended as prices tend to be much higher and availability may be limited. It is best to book in advance to ensure a smoother and more cost-effective travel experience.

5. Are there any benefits to booking my flight early for the conference?

Booking your flight early for the conference can have several benefits, including better prices and options, less stress and last-minute planning, and more time to prepare for the trip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EpTxGuy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jilleysue
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies