• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aHostess With Nerve (Not Pampered Chef)

In summary, my friend was at a friend's house today when she received a call from one of her friends. The caller, who my friend knows, was inviting my friend to a book party that she was hosting on Wednesday night. My friend declined and the caller got mad. The caller also said that she always attends my friend's parties. My friend told me that the caller was going to another friend's house who was also hosting a party that same night and that the two parties were going to be combined. My friend was floored and did not want to do a customer care call for the caller.
esavvymom
Staff member
I was at a friend's house today (I'll call her "V") when she received a call from one of her friends (we'll call her "S"). I know "S", and she had attended my first Pampered Chef kitchen show that I did for "V". Well, "S" was inviting "V" to a Book-party (Usborne or something maybe?) that she was "hosting" on WEDNESDAY NIGHT! Two days away!! "V" said 'no', that she and her husband have a standing "date" to watch their favorite TV show, etc. It's a family-time for her. Well, "S" wouldn't take no for an answer and started getting mad at "V"! She said things like "Well, I always have gone to YOUR parties!" (like my friend has that many, she's had two in the last few years I've known her!).

My friend persisted. But after she got off the phone, I got more of the story. Apparently, "S" was going to ANOTHER friend's House who was hosting a Tastefully simple party. So "S" decided she was going to have a book party at the same time and AT THAT OTHER LADY'S HOUSE! They are combining parties or something. I was floored...first that she did that (maybe they did it by choice, but knowing "S" enough as I do, I am sure she pushed her way in) but that she would be mad when she only gives two days notice! I asked my friend if she had anyone coming- and obviously, no one said they could come.

Let's just say, that is ONE person I am not doing a customer-care call to because frankly, I do not want to do a show for her ("S"). This is 'typical' of her. She's last minute and expects everyone ELSE to accommodate her. I can only imagine trying to do a show for her. Not worth my effort or headache, nor risking messing with friendships. I'm just an acquaintance who sees her at birthday parties, etc...but it could make it awkward for my friend.

Just had to share. I mean, I've heard of booking-in-close, but 2 days was a bit ridiculous- at least to then get MAD when folks can't come. It's one thing to try, but don't get mad when someone has plans. :)

Wow, that takes a lot of nerve!!

Some people expect everyone to bend to them and not question. That is not for me.

I have actually had a host book a party in 3 days. It was near the end of the month and she wanted that months special so she booked for the 29th and only had 3 days to get it together. It ended up being an $800 party that closed on the 31st :) So I would not discount a last minute party by any means LOL

As for "S" I don't like the thing of "I always come to your parties". I think the gracious thing to say would be "Ok, well maybe you can still order and I totally understand it is short notice" And then drop it. I would not call "S" a friend by any stretch of the imagination!

Hi there,I completely understand your frustration with the situation you described. It's always difficult when someone tries to push their way into a party or event, especially when it involves a friend. It's also disappointing when someone gets upset when others can't accommodate their last-minute plans.As a Pampered Chef consultant, I always strive to be considerate and respectful of others' schedules and commitments. It's important to give people enough notice and not put any pressure on them to attend a party or event. I'm sorry that your friend experienced this kind of behavior from "S."I appreciate you sharing your experience with me, and I completely understand why you wouldn't want to do a show for "S." It's important to prioritize your own well-being and avoid any potential headaches or conflicts.Thank you for being a loyal customer and for supporting my business. I hope to see you at one of my future shows!Best,

What is a "Hostess With Nerve" event?

A "Hostess With Nerve" event is a fun and unique way to host a Pampered Chef party. It involves the hostess choosing a theme and inviting guests to attend, while also taking on the role of a co-host alongside a Pampered Chef consultant. This allows the hostess to have more control over the event and create a personalized experience for their guests.

How do I become a "Hostess With Nerve"?

To become a "Hostess With Nerve", simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and express your interest in hosting this type of party. They will work with you to choose a theme and plan the event, and you will have the opportunity to co-host alongside them and earn rewards for sales made at the party.

What are the benefits of hosting a "Hostess With Nerve" event?

Hosting a "Hostess With Nerve" event allows you to have more control over the party and create a unique experience for your guests. It also gives you the opportunity to earn rewards and discounts on Pampered Chef products based on the sales made at the event. Additionally, it is a fun and engaging way to spend time with friends and family.

Can I still earn hostess rewards at a "Hostess With Nerve" event?

Yes, you can still earn hostess rewards at a "Hostess With Nerve" event. The amount of rewards earned will depend on the sales made at the party, just like a traditional Pampered Chef party. However, with a "Hostess With Nerve" event, you also have the opportunity to earn additional rewards for co-hosting and being actively involved in the party planning process.

What types of themes can I choose for my "Hostess With Nerve" event?

The theme options for a "Hostess With Nerve" event are endless! You can choose a specific cuisine, such as Italian or Mexican, or a fun theme like a game night or movie night. You can also get creative and come up with your own unique theme. The goal is to have fun and make the event memorable for you and your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyRedHead
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedchefqueen
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • melissaboyd