• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Theme Show Afterwork show-Happy Hour

KirstenAnne

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2006
ANy ideas on quick appetizer recipes for an after work show at the office (no oven) Having mock margartias, but need a quick appetizer recipe

TIA

mary k

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2006
appetizer

I found this recipe on Recipe Zaar. I've done it for parties and for other o
ccasions and have had to triple the recipe because it runs out fast.

Strawberry Nachos

3- cups sliced fresh strawberries(Iuse the Egg Slicer Plus
1/4- cup sugar
1/4 cup almond extract
3/4- cup sour cream
2- tablespoons sugar
1/4- teaspoon cinnamon
6- flour tortillas
2- tablespoons sugar
1/4 -teaspoon cinnamon
Chopped pecans
Shaved chocolate candy bars( I use the grater)

Combine strawberries 1/4 cup sugar( I do it to taste) and almond extract in a bowl; stir well.
Cover and refrigerate one hour.
Combine sour cream 2 tablesppons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon( I use a little more according to you taste)
Cover and refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 400.
Cut tortillas into wedges( I use the pizza cutter) and lightly brush on the butter and sprinkle on the the teaspoons of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon( I don,t measure mine I just mix up what I need ).
Bake until crisp about 6 0r 8 minutes. I don,t mine out till there crisp sometimes longer than stated depends on your oven. I do thi on my stoneware(round).
Remove from oven and cool.
Drain strawberries.
Grate the chocolate and chop the nuts.
To assemble a nacho: you put on a chip strawberry then your sour cream mixture and then your chocolate and then your nuts

Like I said I triple this recipe because it is eaten so fast.

Sorry if this looks rough but I'm typing fast due to the fact my kids should have been up for school 15 minutes ago.:)