• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Conquering Fear: A Tale of a Child's Misunderstanding of The Furry Guy

In summary, TFG is a sweet, gentle man who loves children. He is afraid of having no hair on top of his head, which is why he doesn't want to attend Kristen's class. However, after Grandma explained that everyone is the same no matter what, TFG was okay again.
raebates
Staff member
For those who don't know, I refer to my very sweet husband as The Furry Guy (TFG). We are very involved in the children's ministry at our church. In addition to other responsibilities, I teach the age 3 - kindergarten class, and TFG is my class helper.

Sunday the grandma of one of our little guys came to me. She's the one who brings the little guy to church. He hadn't come to our class for a while, but it's not unusual for a 4-year-old to get a little clingy, especially when home life is a little chaotic. She told me that she found out why he hasn't wanted to go to our class. He's afraid of TFG.

Now, TFG has a big beard, he's kind of big (compared to little ones), he doesn't act like other grownups (he crawls around on the floor), and he's kind of loud sometimes when he plays. So, I wasn't shocked to hear this. But, Grandma was. She said, "But, Mr. Chris [TFG's real name] is the a very kind, gentle man. He loves children. Why are you afraid of him?"

But, he wouldn't tell. It took her weeks of begging to get it out of him. Finally, he said, "Grandma, he's got no hair on top of his head. Why doesn't he have hair on top of his head?" Evidently he hasn't seen the tops of many bald men's heads.

She explained that some people just don't, but it doesn't make them any different than anyone else. He's okay now. But, I still chuckle every time I think about his being afraid of TFG just because he has no hair on top of his head. LOL!

Just tell him that furry guys are always bald on the top of their head. It's how God made them. ;)

Or you could tell him that TFG just has his head on upside down.

Like THAT would go over well with a child! LOL

Awwwww...I bet TFG could win him over in an hour if he would come back just once. :love:

Too funny!! I never would have expected TFG to not have hair on his head :)

Kristen, do you know a furry guy who has a full head of hair? I don't! It seems to be a pattern. If they are like a teddy bear every where else, they have a bald spot on top. Not sure why, but it seems to be a trend with all the teddy bear (furry) guys that I know. Kind of weird, huh?

Sheila said:
Kristen, do you know a furry guy who has a full head of hair? I don't! It seems to be a pattern. If they are like a teddy bear every where else, they have a bald spot on top. Not sure why, but it seems to be a trend with all the teddy bear (furry) guys that I know. Kind of weird, huh?

Awww, thanks! I didn't know you cared. :love:

Shh! Don't tell my hubby. He's not a teddy bear and would be jealous! ;)

Gonna love this - Sheila is right! Science has shown that furry men have very low testosterone levels in their head hair follicles. Thus it leaves them bald!

Their body's just so busy growing hair in other places that it neglects the original location. LOL

The old bumper sticker that said, "Bald men make better lovers" was based in fact. Too much testosterone makes our hair fall out.

22wink.gif

:thumbup: We'll take your word on that KG. ;)

This is such a sweet story! It made me start my day with a smile...

And it does seem to be very true-about most furry guys having that bald spot on top! ;)

The little guy is back and over his fear of The Furry Guy. :) And, you're right. Furry Guys tend to have less hair on top. Though, my Furry Guy claims he's not losing his hair; it's just sliding backward. His neck is harrier than it used to be.

Bwahaha! That's funny!

1. What is "Afraid of the Furry Guy"?

"Afraid of the Furry Guy" is a fun and interactive party game designed to bring laughter and excitement to any gathering. It involves players wearing a blindfold and trying to guess the identity of a stuffed animal by feeling its features.

2. How many players can participate in "Afraid of the Furry Guy"?

The game can be played with 4-10 players, making it perfect for small or large gatherings.

3. What age range is "Afraid of the Furry Guy" suitable for?

This game is suitable for ages 8 and up, making it a great option for family game nights or parties with friends.

4. Can "Afraid of the Furry Guy" be played with younger children?

Yes, younger children can also participate in this game with adult supervision. They may need some assistance with the blindfold and feeling the features of the stuffed animal.

5. Is "Afraid of the Furry Guy" available for purchase through Pampered Chef?

Yes, "Afraid of the Furry Guy" can be purchased through Pampered Chef's website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. It is also available for purchase at Pampered Chef parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies