• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will I still qualify if my 3rd show was cancelled?

In summary, the person is upset because their host for their 3rd show cancelled, which would have been their 4th show and qualified them in 30 days. They are disappointed and worried about disappointing their Future Director who recruited them and wants to get the recruiting bonus for April. Other members of the team suggest trying to throw together a quick catalog show or scrounging up $150-$200 in orders to submit as a show. They also suggest purchasing gifts for upcoming events and calling the host to see if they can rebook.
AmaraJ
I'm so upset!!!

I was doing my 2nd show tonight when my host for my 3rd show called and left a message that she had to cancel. This would have been my 4th show (I had one catalog show) and would have qualified me in my 30 days. It was scheduled for this Sunday, the 18th, and my 30 days ends on Thursday, May 22nd.

I know I don't have to qualify in the 30, but it is so dissappointing since I have had these scheduled since I signed on and just assumed they would go through. I feel like I'd be dissappointing my Future Director (who recruited me and is doing my training), since I'm sure she would love to get the recruiting bonus for April....

What would you do? Any suggestions?

Don't be so hard on yourself - things happen!! Just brush it off and go with it - You will qualify and You will do great!!! I am sure your recruiter would want the bonus - but there is so much more then just bonuses to this business - it can be life changing - and so rewarding in other ways besides the wonderful bonuses!!! Smile and have fun with it!

You cannot help what other people do! This is not your fault. You could try to throw together a quick catalog show yourself and see if there is anyone who wants to order. Also, it isn't just four shows. If your shows total $1250 before you get four shows in, you are qualified. That might help, you never know what your shows will be!

You are doing just fine. This will happen from time to time. Sometimes more than you would like. Just ge ton the phone today and call everyone and try and get another one scheduled. They say sometime the shows with shorter notice turn out better in the end.

I had a girl on my team have that happen to her yesterday! So frustrating, I feel for you. She told me and one of the other girls on my team on the way to my director's meeting last night. The other girl on my team jumped in and told her to do a mystery host that day to get her qualified. She was already planning on working and had not done an open house yet. So she is doing it!
It is a great way to get some sales and to generate some interest in booking:)
I have attached the flyer that she is using. Please remeber to change the info to yours!
Good luck & you can do anything you set your mind too!

**Thanks to ThepamperedChris!***

Attachments

• Mystery Hostess.doc
    213 KB · Views: 584
Hey! The other thing you can do is scrounge up $150-$200 in orders and submit it as a show. I am a substitute teacher and at one of the schools I go to I walked around and told people I was putting in a show and asked if they wanted to add anything. I got $150 worth just from school and then somehow I got enough to make it over a $200 show (I don't remember how). Just an idea that might help you reach that goal!

twopamperedchefs said:
Hey! The other thing you can do is scrounge up $150-$200 in orders and submit it as a show. I am a substitute teacher and at one of the schools I go to I walked around and told people I was putting in a show and asked if they wanted to add anything. I got $150 worth just from school and then somehow I got enough to make it over a $200 show (I don't remember how). Just an idea that might help you reach that goal!
Can you purchase some gifts for upcoming events? I am always buying family and friends PC products for birthday, Christmas, housewarming, wedding, etc. and if I need to make a goal I will use that month to purchase. Just be sure to order in their name so it's commissionable.

I would also call the host (assuming you are friends) and tell him/her that you are trying to qualify in 30 days, do you think he/she could rebook (for the next date available).

When people know you are trying to reach a goal they will be likely to help.

AmaraJ said:
I'm so upset!!!

I was doing my 2nd show tonight when my host for my 3rd show called and left a message that she had to cancel. This would have been my 4th show (I had one catalog show) and would have qualified me in my 30 days. It was scheduled for this Sunday, the 18th, and my 30 days ends on Thursday, May 22nd.

I know I don't have to qualify in the 30, but it is so dissappointing since I have had these scheduled since I signed on and just assumed they would go through. I feel like I'd be dissappointing my Future Director (who recruited me and is doing my training), since I'm sure she would love to get the recruiting bonus for April....

What would you do? Any suggestions?

What are your sales though?? $1,250 will do it!! Perhaps call people you know... and see about placing an order, go to your neighbors and let them know you are a new consultant.. see if there is anything that they want to order.

Stephanie

Get on the phone and ASK for help ~ people love to help out others! You can do it!!! :D :D

Thanks for all the great encouragement! I am really enjoying this site - everyone is soooo positive! I tend to lean towards the negative side, so this really helps!

I will definately take some of your suggestions. I am printing out the Mystery Host flyer and hopefully with that and placing some orders for gifts, I will make the $150.

With my 30 days only being 1 week away, and needing to allow a day or so to get everything entered and make sure HO receives it in time, I don't feel I have time for a show.

Also, my other shows were not large, I think they now total about $900 - but I do have a few more outside orders to come in, so we'll see.

Thanks again!

Oh my Gosh!! Amara- you are not very far away at all!!!

I agree, make the call to the host to explain that you are trying to qualify... ask her to do a catalog show. THen call for some orders from others you know. With her and you working towards the total, you should be able to hit another $300 in sales!! Coming here for support is a good start! Good for you!

Don't feel bad, you will do great!!
I had the same thing happen to me and I ended doing a quick last minute catalog show and got $150 in orders which got me to qualify.
I'm sure your future director is proud of all your hard work :)

Another thing you can do is pamper a business that you frequent- drop off some brownies in your bar pan in the morning, tell the person you're the most familiar with (your hairdresser?) that she'll get the host benefits for any orders from customers and/or employees, and that you'll be back before they close to pick up your pan! (and orders) I've had really good results with this, with people at the businesses that didn't want a show themselves!

By the way- welcome!!! You'll be terriffic at this- you're off to a running start!

1. What are the qualifications for becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you must be at least 18 years old, have a valid social security number, and reside in the United States (or in a U.S. military base). You must also agree to the Independent Consultant Agreement and purchase the New Consultant Kit.

2. Can I still qualify if I have a full-time job or other commitments?

Yes, you can still qualify as a Pampered Chef consultant even if you have a full-time job or other commitments. Our business model is flexible and allows you to work at your own pace and schedule.

3. Do I need to have experience in sales or cooking to qualify?

No, previous experience in sales or cooking is not required to become a Pampered Chef consultant. We provide training and support to help you succeed in your business.

4. How much does it cost to qualify as a Pampered Chef consultant?

The cost to qualify as a Pampered Chef consultant is $109 plus tax and shipping. This includes your New Consultant Kit, which has a value of over $450, as well as access to our online training and support resources.

5. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant allows you to earn income while doing something you love. You also have the opportunity to receive discounts on products, attend training and networking events, and be part of a supportive community of food lovers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• funinyourkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Yakmama
  • alj30
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
alj30
  • Kjurich