• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Roommate(s) for Wave 2 at Chicago Conference - Any Takers?

Sharon, you may want to put a roommate request in the wave 3 area, so that people who will be in Chicago at that time see your post.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
My group is in Wave 3, however, I'll be flying to Chicago for work Thursday and Friday (9th and 10th). I read that I can request to be in a different Wave for work reasons. This would save my airfair, and I'd stay in Chicago for the weekend.

My 19 year old son wants to go with me and tour the city over the weekend. I didn't think this would be a big deal, especially if the hotel has internet (he'll be on his pc while i'm at conferences). He's in college 700 miles away now, so I thought this would be a great way to spend some time together (during the weekend, not during conference).

1. if i decide to NOT take my son, how do i find a roommate for wave 2 (or am I doing this now) lol ?
2. Second, if I do take my son, Is there another consultant that is thinking of bringing her son and we can split rooms?

Just looking for ideas and suggestions. I can't afford to pay $230 a night for the three nights...

Not to steal your thread but I am just now deciding to go to conference and will be in Wave 3 and may need to find roommates. I haven't spoken with my director yet but I'm really not close to my cluster because I live in a different state and would love to pair up with someone if they have space - I'll only be there Thursday and Friday night.

FYI--You have to get approval from the HO to switch waves. so don't think it's a done deal just because you want to switch.

pcsharon1 said:
Not to steal your thread but I am just now deciding to go to conference and will be in Wave 3 and may need to find roommates. I haven't spoken with my director yet but I'm really not close to my cluster because I live in a different state and would love to pair up with someone if they have space - I'll only be there Thursday and Friday night.

Sharon, you may want to put a roommate request in the wave 3 area, so that people who will be in Chicago at that time see your post.

Cheffers have found roommates here in the past. So it's entirely possible that you'll both find someone to help with costs.

I plan on asking HQ for approval once I know its feasible

pcsharon1 said:
We may have room for two, maybe even three roomies. We are a cluster just outside of Chicago. We originally booked two rooms for eight consultants. Currently, it looks like there are five definites. We will be staying at the Hilton. I won't cancel the second room until the deadline. Please stay in touch if you are interested.

1. How can I find a compatible roommate?

The best way to find a compatible roommate is to first consider your own lifestyle and preferences. Then, use social media or online platforms specifically designed for finding roommates to search for individuals who have similar habits and interests. You can also ask friends, family, or coworkers if they know of anyone looking for a roommate.

2. What qualities should I look for in a potential roommate?

Some important qualities to look for in a potential roommate include honesty, responsibility, cleanliness, and compatibility. It's also helpful to find someone who has a similar budget and schedule as you.

3. How can I ensure a smooth living arrangement with my roommate?

Communication is key in any living arrangement. Make sure to establish clear expectations and boundaries from the beginning, and have regular check-ins to address any issues that may arise. It's also important to be respectful and considerate of each other's personal space and belongings.

4. Should I sign a roommate agreement or contract?

It's always a good idea to have a written agreement or contract with your roommate. This can outline important details such as rent, utilities, house rules, and expectations. It can also serve as a reference in case any conflicts arise in the future.

5. How can I handle conflicts with my roommate?

If conflicts arise, it's important to address them calmly and respectfully. Try to find a compromise or solution that works for both parties. If the issue cannot be resolved, consider seeking outside help from a mediator or your landlord.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbrandon
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
mrsbettyboop0000
Replies
Views
ChefLAM