• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice on This Old Product Needed

In summary, the customer's Rectangular Baker broke in two while she was braising meat, and she has to buy a new one. The new one is the glazed version of the same type of baker that the Deep Covered Baker was created to address, and she can get it on sale this month.
byrd1956
Gold Member
A customer sent me this e-mail
"I have a question, do the Dutch Oven finally where out? I was braising some meat in it, and it cracked in two. I've sent a picture of it. I've had it for years and use it quite often. Is there any remedy or do I just have to buy a new one?"
I don't really recognize the product. Hopefully one of you cheffers can help me. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Bettys broken dutch oven.JPG
    Bettys broken dutch oven.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,186
It looks like the Rectangular Baker. The bottom piece is a Lid/Bowl that fits on top; I finally found one at a yard sale last year and it fits on my glazed Rectangular Baker. She'll have to buy a new baker since it's way out of the 3 year guarantee. Hope this helps.

At least they are on sale this week....the lid/bowl she had (what is pictured on the bottom) is no longer available, but would still fit the glazed rectangular baker.

It was the original 9x13 baker (unglazed). Obviously beyond the 3 year guarantee. Tell her she's lucky if it had to happen that it happened now since she can get the new one (glazed) on sale this month. Or maybe she wants to get a few orders together and get it for 60% off. She has time!

She was braising some meat in it? Can you even DO that with our stoneware? I thought that was something the RockCrok was created to address?

Karo said:
She was braising some meat in it? Can you even DO that with our stoneware? I thought that was something the RockCrok was created to address?
I thought the same thing.....wondered if she was using it on the stove top first or maybe she had the heat too high in the oven.

or the stone was hot, and the meat was cold- CRACK!

She has been using it like our DCB and the blurb on the website about the DCB says "Lid helps retain moisture and is ideal for braising meats or creating flavorful soups or stews." So yes, we can braise meat in our stoneware. I doubt that she had it on the stove top, but I don't know about the high heat or cold meat/hot stone. I heard back from her today and she is trying to decide what to do. I gave her a couple options including saving 20% or gathering friend's orders to save 60%. She said she will let me know Wed. I am going to send her the word doc. with all the DCB recipes; maybe it will entice her!
Thank you to everyone for your advice and input.

She ended up doing a show and getting great deals along with the Deep Covered Baker. ;-)

What is the best way to clean this old product?

The best way to clean an old product from Pampered Chef will depend on the specific type of product. However, a general cleaning tip is to use warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as they can damage the product's surface.

Can I still use this product if it is rusted or has scratches?

We do not recommend using a product that is rusted or has scratches. These imperfections can compromise the safety and effectiveness of the product. It is best to replace the product with a new one to ensure the best cooking experience.

How do I know if this old product is still safe to use?

If the product is showing signs of wear and tear or has any noticeable damage, it is best to replace it. Additionally, check for any recalls on the product to ensure its safety. If you are unsure, it is always better to err on the side of caution and replace the product.

Can I find replacement parts for this old product?

Replacement parts for Pampered Chef products may be available for certain items. We recommend contacting our customer service team or checking our website to see if the specific part you need is available for purchase.

How can I prolong the lifespan of this old product?

To extend the lifespan of your Pampered Chef product, make sure to follow the care instructions provided with the product. Avoid using metal utensils on non-stick surfaces and hand wash the product whenever possible. It is also important to store the product properly to prevent any damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessinthekitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kreaser
  • trps
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • byrd1956